1 man 1 vote Election Bill passes Somali Senate, awaiting signing into Law

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP

Upper House today endorsed the Elections Bill after lengthy debates which saw Parliament drop an election formula proposed by the National Independent Electoral Commission.

The Commission had proposed the Closed-List option under the Proportional Representation system.
Following public consultations by a Lower House elections ad-hoc committee late last year, the House adopted the First-Past-The-Post or Majoritarian Model.

The First-Past-The-Post election model is similar to one used in parts of Canada.

Lmaoooo you still believe N&N promises after 3 years they been in office? You don't see how retarded and incompetent N&N is?

Miskeen, you're an example of blind following

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
Lmaoooo you still believe N&N promises after 3 years they been in office? You don't see how retarded and incompetent N&N is?

I am for what ever moves Somalia forward, not tied to any party.

Next elected government I will still be here.

Awdalia Rising

SSpot Special Correspondent

these fools I can see their excuse already after the 1st failed term they will say next 4 years Failmaajo will fulfill all his promises that he didn’t keep the last 4 years:russ: Yeah ok we aren’t believing you N&N. 2021 can’t come fast enough we need to kick these leeches out

Karim

I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
HALYEEY
VIP
I am for what ever moves Somalia forward, not tied to any party.

Next elected government I will still be here.
ولا تقولن لشئ اني فاعل ذلك غدا الا ان يشاء الله
" I will still be here!!'. Say Inshallah @kickz

angelplan

Staff Member
2020 CHESS CHAMP
BORAMA, AWDAL
Machallah when the president signs this bill then we can declare that CIVILIZATION IS BACK IN SOMALIA

Farmaajo is the Lionel Messi of Somalia

:salute::salute::salute::salute:

The First-Past-The-Post election model is similar to one used in parts of Canada.

This is major

This has been delayed for far to long and I'm so happy it finally passed.
Once it's signed the executive branch will be legally obliged to ensure the people have a vote

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
This is major

This has been delayed for far to long and I'm so happy it finally passed.
Once it's signed the executive branch will be legally obliged to ensure the people have a vote

Huge day with this passing and the Oil law signed. Insha Allah it leads to betterment of Somalis.

The question is how they divide seats. The people of mudug/galgaduud and Raxanweeynta were underrepresented in the 60s system unherited from pro Cismaan Maxamuud Italians

Trending

Latest posts