1.5 million Somalis to face starvation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karim

I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
HALYEEY
VIP
What's the cause of this forecasted starvation?! Drought?!

VIP
1.5 is a lot less than the previous years, it's improvement. Food security should be every governments top priority

Bohol

VIP
Those people should be moved to coastal areas they should eat fish rather than unreliable livestock that depends on whether there is enough grass/rain.

Those people should be moved to coastal areas they should eat fish rather than unreliable livestock that depends on whether there is enough grass/rain.
massive reeducation is needed. Fishing and the government must make farming easy. Give people the proper equipment, help them farm.

If they do all this, in 5 years time, no one will be a missing one meal in Somalia let alone die of gaajo.

These are things the people need but it seems every government is busy with something else.

Karim

HALYEEY
VIP
apparently dayr ain't been kind this year according to the article. so less rain.
But that cannot be blamed on FGS. Natural disasters cannot be prevented.

not the droughts, necessarily.

I mean if the government prioritizes say, farming and fishinig, and invests heavily in both. Give people incentives, like hey we will give you the irrigation systems needed so you don't rely on rain and you produce this amount of tons of such and such foods and will buy it from you or help you sell, etc...

same with fishing.

farmers only farm during rainy season, and fishing is nonexistent. The government can do A LOT to promote and support both sectors.

Karim

HALYEEY
VIP
massive reeducation is needed. Fishing and the government must make farming easy. Give people the proper equipment, help them farm.

If they do all this, in 5 years time, no one will be a missing one meal in Somalia let alone die of gaajo.

These are things the people need but it seems every government is busy with something else.
Do you actually think the weak incompetent goverment of Mogadishu can provide agricultural equipments to millions of Somali agrarians?! Some of the essential goverment foundations are not even in place let alone provide billions worth of agricultural equipments. Let's be realistic here.

Farm

VIP

The FGS should invest in drought mitigation, Puntland for example invested in dams under Gaas and was wasn’t affected as bad as other regions during the last drought in fact nomads from the south and nomads from our west were using our dams. Why can’t the FGS do the same instead of destabilizing federal states?

I say we import the wild bactrian camels because they can drink salt water and move Geeljires (75 KM inland) to the coast.
but that isn't a long term fix sxb.

The goal is to sustain farming and fishing, and let the nomads chase their xoolo if they want.

with our farmlands and our coasts, we shouldn't be hungry let alone die of gaajo.

walle we are low IQ.

Do you actually think the weak incompetent goverment of Mogadishu can provide agricultural equipments to millions of Somali agrarians?! Some of the essential goverment foundations are not even in place let alone provide billions worth of agricultural equipments. Let's be realistic here.
They can start.
They can try. They can do something. Somalia doesn't have that many people.

it's doable sxb.

Karim

HALYEEY
VIP
The FGS should invest in drought mitigation, Puntland for example invested in dams under Gaas and was wasn’t affected as bad as other regions during the last drought in fact nomads from the south and nomads from our west were using our dams. Why can’t the FGS do the same instead of destabilizing federal states?
The goverment is prioritizing security over drought prevention social schemes. The budget is low and sadly we have to carefully manage our small Federal budget.

Farm

VIP
The goverment is prioritizing security over drought prevention social schemes. The budget is low and sadly we have to carefully manage our scarce Federal budget.

The security isn’t improving, they are only destabilizing states. I would invest in drought prevention they would at least save some lives.

Karim

HALYEEY
VIP
We need to leave the geel behind. 90% of the conflicts today is due to fighting of scarce resources.
Camels can go months without water but other vulnerable livestocks are susceptible to these repetitive droughts. Geel is our symbol of nationhood, we cannot abandon our Geeljire culture bruv.

Hassan Garguute Buldanana

#Puntlandfirst. #PIM
VIP
Camels can go months without water but other vulnerable livestocks are susceptible to these repetitive droughts. Geel is our symbol of nationhood, we cannot abandon our Geeljire culture bruv.
Its unsustainable and primitive. More niggas fighting/dying over places that look like the surface of mars :francis:

Status
Not open for further replies.