π’ˆπ’π’‘π’›π’π’˜π’“π’—π’•π’’ (Guess)

1680983773308.png

Khaemwaset

Djiboutian πŸ‡©πŸ‡― | 𐒖𐒆𐒄A𐒗𐒃 πŸ‡ΈπŸ‡΄
VIP
Look at the calligraphy that awaits the users of osmanya

Khaemwaset

Djiboutian πŸ‡©πŸ‡― | 𐒖𐒆𐒄A𐒗𐒃 πŸ‡ΈπŸ‡΄
VIP
What script are you guys using? Also, I searched up the title and it mentioned Somaliweyn. Is this in reference to Siad Barre's policy?
It's called the osmanya script made by some somali during the early 1900s, i wanna learn it

Yaraye

VIP
I was curious about their names so I looked it up. @π’π’šπ’’π’‚π’˜π’‚π’— π’Žπ’šπ’—π’—π’’ = buntite queen (which I knew cuz a lot of people used it on here) and @π’‹π’–π’†π’”π’–π’•π’ˆ = cadhays.
Screen Shot 2023-04-08 at 3.12.27 PM.png

Kind of ironic for one of the most polite users on here to have that as his name :mjlaugh:

Its funny how I was about to call for them too
It looks like it has been seen to it. It is actually very simple to learn, just needs a bit of a practice.

Here is the online keyboard

Postscript:
My late uncle was an enthusiast, used to write poetry (his and others mostly of the Daraawiish) in Osmaniya, took notes, and left books and magazines written in it, some with his children in Egypt, and some at our family home in London.

I also had the pleasure of meeting the late Xirsi Magan, one of its last custodians, when its keyboard was being created, and I think Indiana university funded a project towards it.

Last edited:

Trending

Latest posts