“Somalia is the worst country to be a female” says ILWAD ELWAN

Grigori Rasputin

Former Somali Minister of Mismanagement & Misinfo.
Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
No kidding Ilwad! Woow what a scientific discovery

#SomaliaKills

Last edited:
Except she is wrong. Somalis has a lot of problems. But it’s an ignorant and disrespectful thing to say to the women going through worse

Exodus

Alienist
We have female MPs and ministers. Genuinely, what other Muslim countries does the same? Somalis are far from perfect, but come on, give credit where it's due.

Yukon_Niner

Ugaas of the supreme gentleman
VIP
That has to be India. Liveleak absolutely destroyed any hope I had in women's rights in India.

A country with an emerging economy that treats its women on par with if not worse than Somalia.

Grigori Rasputin

Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
Ilwad Elman intends to reach stardom through bogus narrative for these cadaans. It is sickening for her to put Somalia in the top 5 or even 10

#SomaliaKills

Interesting claim, i am not a somali women nor been in somalia for the past 5 years so not really sure how it is for a women. what is ur opinion on this xaarlimos.

Hybrid()

Death Awaits You
Somali women got way too many rights back home. For example you’re relatives can easily be forced to pay a big fine if a girl claims you slept with her even if it’s not true

Except she is wrong. Somalis has a lot of problems. But it’s an ignorant and disrespectful thing to say to the women going through worse

You're not a woman, nor do you live in Somalia.

I wouldn't say its the complete worse, but it deffo is the bottom of the list. It has one of the highest pregnancy mortality rate and infant mortality rate, also procedures such as FGM just make it worse. Also, women back home are deffo the most overworked women i've seen. I'm not talking about the top 5% who laze about and have maids.

Funnily enough, most that are denying it are men, that have no idea or given give two shits.

Ilwad Elman intends to reach stardom through bogus narrative for these cadaans. It is sickening for her to put Somalia in the top 5 or even 10

#SomaliaKills

@Grigori Rasputin

If you did a bit of research then you will realise that this remark was first made (in astonishment) by Somalia’s own former minister of women Marian Qasim in 2011 after she heard that a Thomson Reuters Foundation Poll found Afghanistan to be the worst place to be a woman. She challenged that poll and told Reuters that no country can be worse for women than Somalia.

This family has sacrificed their own family members to help Somalis and what have you guys done for Somalis? Too many debjirs insulting honourable Somalis.

Jiron

wanaag
NABADOON
VIP
AUN to her beautiful sister, her family have sacrificed so much to better our society. I hope to see her as the leader of our nation one day and women rights flourishing in every corner of Somalia :)

Grigori Rasputin

Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
@Grigori Rasputin

If you did a bit of research then you will realise that this remark was first made (in astonishment) by Somalia’s own former minister of women Marian Qasim in 2011 after she heard that a Thomson Reuters Foundation Poll found Afghanistan to be the worst place to be a woman. She challenged that poll and told Reuters that no country can be worse for women than Somalia.

This family has sacrificed their own family members to help Somalis and what have you guys done for Somalis? Too many debjirs insulting honourable Somalis.

I have done my part for Somalia without any intention of furthering my career. I also don’t use a sorry ass cause to stardom :camby:

#SomaliaKills

@Grigori Rasputin

who cares what her family sacrificed. She is still wrong. Hate when people use emotions to justify why they factually wrong

who cares what her family sacrificed. She is still wrong. Hate when people use emotions to justify why they factually wrong

Maybe you guys are out of touch what is happening in Somalia and therefore wearing a rosy glasses to view it. This is what the Minister of Woman affairs had to say about it.

Somalia worst place to be a woman: minister

LONDON, June 15 (TrustLaw) - A Thomson Reuters Foundation poll may have found that Afghanistan is the most dangerous place to be a woman, but Somalia’s women’s minister is astonished any country could be worse than her own.

“I’m completely surprised because I thought Somalia would be first on the list, not fifth,” said Maryan Qasim.

The lawless country has been engulfed in conflict for 20 years. But the greatest risk to women’s lives is not war but birth. One woman dies for every 100 live births, according to U.N. figures — one of the highest rates in the world.

“The most dangerous thing a woman in Somalia can do is to become pregnant,” Qasim said. “When a woman becomes pregnant her life is 50-50 because there is no antenatal care at all ... There are no hospitals, no healthcare, no nothing.”

The poll by TrustLaw (www.trust.org/trustlaw), a legal news service run by Thomson Reuters Foundation, marked the launch of its new TrustLaw Women section, a global hub of news and information on women’s legal rights.

TrustLaw asked more than 200 gender experts to pick the world’s most dangerous countries for women. Somalia trailed behind Afghanistan, Congo, Pakistan and India.

But Qasim described Somalia as a “living hell” for women struggling to feed their children amid war and drought.

The constant risk of getting shot or raped, the lack of education and healthcare and practices like female genital mutilation make women’s lives unbelievably hard, she said.

“If I was asked where is the most dangerous place to be a woman I would have said with certainty Somalia,” she told the Foundation during a trip to London.

RAPE

Qasim, who has spent two decades in exile, said she was shocked by the destitution she saw when she returned to Somalia’s capital Mogadishu last year after being asked to become minister for women’s development and family welfare.

Many women have lost their husbands in the fighting, meaning they not only have to raise their children on their own but also scrape together an income to feed the family.

Somalia has been without an effective central government since the overthrow of dictator Mohamed Siad Barre in 1991.

Its U.N.-backed transitional government is embroiled in war with Islamist rebels who want to impose their own harsh version of sharia law on the nation.

Around 1.4 million people, mostly women and children, are displaced within Somalia after being forced to flee their homes. Rape is a risk for many.

“Rape was used in the beginning as a weapon of war, but now women who are from a minority or who have been displaced can be raped at any minute. I’ve seen a case of rape as young as five years old,” Qasim added.

Women’s health is also seriously compromised by the practice of female genital mutilation (FGM), said the minister who worked as an obstetrician and gynecologist in Somalia until 1991.

The practice, which is carried out on almost all girls aged four to 10, is aimed at ensuring girls remain virgins until marriage.

ut it can cause difficulties in labor and is a factor behind the high rates of death in childbirth.

Qasim said people used to be punished for carrying out FGM but now there are no laws and the practice has returned. Some 95 percent of women in Somalia have undergone FGM, according to U.N. figures.

The minister said she had come across cases of men divorcing new wives if they had not undergone FGM so mothers continue the custom to protect their daughters.

Qasim, who was working as a teacher in Britain when she was invited to join Somalia’s government last year, stressed that one of the greatest needs for women was education.

“If women are not educated, I think definitely we cannot build a society. I’ve met so many young girls and women in Mogadishu — you cannot imagine their appetite for education but they do not have that opportunity.”

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...-to-be-a-woman-minister-idUSTRE75E0DC20110615

Somali women got way too many rights back home. For example you’re relatives can easily be forced to pay a big fine if a girl claims you slept with her even if it’s not true

Somalis side with women when there is a complaint against an outsider, specially someone who is not from her immediate relatives. It is considered shame to put up with another guy hurting a woman from among the family/tribe.

This girl in the video has no clue and banking on insulting Somalia and Somalis as is usual by her likes. We are not perfect but the last thing Somalis can be accused is mistreating women. As for FGM, mothers are the driving force behind the practice. Men are too proud to even mention siil much less dictate how it should look like. There is difference between virginity and fgm. Most cultures prize virginity as a sign of decency. Somalis can not be blamed for holding that view as well.

Leave it always to the delusional ignorant women driven by greed and lack of culture to soil the Somali name.

There is one every few months spewing bullshit.

This dumbass hasn't been around world if you took a girl out of Afghanistan and drop her in somalia it would litterally be thousand times better.