“I just want a cat for my mehr”

Baarisiyomoos

buuq iyo balaayo 🫧
Somali girls who say this are the weakest links subhanAllah :damn: Or the ones who say “just take me to Makkah” as if their dad couldn’t do that for them for free. At least get yourself a little pocket money wtf abaayo. Smarten up

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Excited Cat GIF

mohamedismail

Reewin. Lixda Gobol ee Maayland unii leh!
The messenger peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The best of mahrs is the simplest (or most affordable).” Narrated by al-Haakim and al-Bayhaqi, classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Jaami’, 3279.

That being said it is good to have a reasonable Mehr. Especially if you are marrying a young man as most young men are in a building stage where they can't afford to pay huge sums of money.

Baarisiyomoos

buuq iyo balaayo 🫧
You talk down on women who ask for a trip to Makkah. The truth is, any man with money thinks such a woman is quality and gives her what she wants.
I’m not talking down, I want them to stop changing the narrative so that other women get shamed for asking for money as their mehr (God given right btw)

Baarisiyomoos

buuq iyo balaayo 🫧
The messenger peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The best of mahrs is the simplest (or most affordable).” Narrated by al-Haakim and al-Bayhaqi, classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Jaami’, 3279.

That being said it is good to have a reasonable Mehr. Especially if you are marrying a young man as most young men are in a building stage where they can't afford to pay huge sums of money.
Never said to ask for a million dollars but theres a lot of men who shame women for asking for their rightful money.

I’m not talking down, I want them to stop changing the narrative so that other women get shamed for asking for money as their mehr (God given right btw)
No one shames women for asking for meher - it's the normal practice. Only people who ask for crazy amounts, maybe. You're the one here talking down on other people's choices.

People should stop watching what others do or want for themselves. If anyone shames you, ask them why they are shaming you instead of telling others to want what you want.

Yaraye

VIP
Doing Hajj today takes at least about 10-11K bruh. Even more. But I agree that a women shouldn't be shamed if she asks for money.

Gacmeey

Madaxweynaha Qurbo Joogta 🇸🇴
Somali girls who say this are the weakest links subhanAllah :damn: Or the ones who say “just take me to Makkah” as if their dad couldn’t do that for them for free. At least get yourself a little pocket money wtf abaayo. Smarten up
Nah a cat is outrageous, but the Makkah request is fine. It’s like a 6-8k trip

Baarisiyomoos

buuq iyo balaayo 🫧
Nah a cat is outrageous, but the Makkah request is fine. It’s like a 6-8k trip
The assumption is that my husband and I will go to Hajj regardless, (InshaAllah) as it is a requirement. But damn for my mehr I want money for a nice new wardrobe Is that a crime

Everyone has the right to ask for what they want for mehr.

Maybe her dad wasn’t in her life or was very poor and could never take her. Hajj/umrah is actually quite expensive to go, in the thousands

Garaad Awal

Zubeyri, Hanafi Maturidi
Materialistic women should be a red flag for any man trying to get married. OP seems like a miserable woman

Umrah/Hajj isn’t cheap. Costs anywhere from 1.5-8k, depending on where you’re coming in from and the time you visit. Some of us don’t come from wealthy families and never had the chance to go. The best mehr is what both parties can agree on and be happy with.

Trending