Zina.

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you bring 4 witnesses against two people who has comitted zina. I feel it is almost impracticable unless the couple did it openly in public. And if you bring witnesses, how will you know if they are being honest and are not lying. I just can't see how this will work if a country wants to rule according to Sharia law?

This should be for the religion section, not general

It seems like another law to prevent people from getting accused of rape when they didn't do anything. The law would probably have been useful for desert Bedouins back in the 7th century but it's completely outdated in modern times with all the forensic studies

It might be implemented in a very small village but in a city with a very large population? I don't know how will it work.
It won't work. A lot of adultery and homosexuality happens in shariah countries and the government can't to anything about it. It goes to show how outdated and backwards shariah is

Just ponder upon this if there are witnesses to a act as Zina being committed Walibee infront of devout Muslims, A why don't they stop it from even escalating into a Zina ? B either they are swingers and they are in on it them selfs, seriously if two people are humping infront of you least you will do is tell them to get a bloody room right, now are you telling me Muslims would even tolerate a man and a women getting that intimately close where they get to such a horny wilde beast stage that they start humping each other infront of not one not two but 4 witnesses wtf sheekada ma bangbus maa ? :faysalwtf:

The divine law decreed by the most high baan kuu irii :fittytousand:

The_Cosmos

Pepe Trump
How do you bring 4 witnesses against two people who has comitted zina. I feel it is almost impracticable unless the couple did it openly in public. And if you bring witnesses, how will you know if they are being honest and are not lying. I just can't see how this will work if a country wants to rule according to Sharia law?

Well of course it's impractical. The video clarifies it better then I but I'll share my own thoughts on this.

Even as a kid this seemed ridiculous to me. Why would God implement a law that is beyond doubt flawed. I mean, just think about it... what are the chances you're going to catch me having sex with someone whilst conveniently surrounded by 3 male witnesses? (They have to be male).

Also, a rape victim I also expected to provide 4 male witnesses against her accuser in many Muslim countries. How would that bloody work? This is clearly a flawed system that to me, demonstrates the limited imagination of the human mind. We humans have come up with better systems then that.

@somebody, I think the whole point of making the condition so stringent is to conceal the sins of people and protect their honour. Also bear in mind that the punishment of the sin is so severe along with the havoc it wreaks on families /society thus the 4 witnesses are to ensure that people are not falsely accused.

I don't think you will find a single case where the hadd of zina was established via 4 witnesses in the history of Islam. The hadd was established through confession.

Jujuman

Accomplished Saaxir
@somebody, I think the whole point of making the condition so stringent is to conceal the sins of people and protect their honour. Also bear in mind that the punishment of the sin is so severe along with the havoc it wreaks on families /society thus the 4 witnesses are to ensure that people are not falsely accused.

I don't think you will find a single case where the hadd of zina was established via 4 witnesses in the history of Islam. The hadd was established through confession.

You put forward a good argument not something you see everyday from SS users
:cosbyhmm:

Well of course it's impractical. The video clarifies it better then I but I'll share my own thoughts on this.

Even as a kid this seemed ridiculous to me. Why would God implement a law that is beyond doubt flawed. I mean, just think about it... what are the chances you're going to catch me having sex with someone whilst conveniently surrounded by 3 male witnesses? (They have to be male).

Also, a rape victim I also expected to provide 4 male witnesses against her accuser in many Muslim countries. How would that bloody work? This is clearly a flawed system that to me, demonstrates the limited imagination of the human mind. We humans have come up with better systems then that.

that's the whole point! Islam is not hell-bent on punishment like you guys seem to believe. Even the Prophet (PBUH) once told a lady who confessed that it would have been better for her to conceal her sin.

And it's not the same for rape victims afaik

I was just about to say this. BarakAllahu feeki, walaal.

To the people who are curious about Shari'ah, just like if you wanted to learn about other systems of governance e.g. communism, capitalism/democracy etc. go to an expert. Haitham al Haddad is an expert on Shariah and Islamic Finance - if you want to find out answers to your questions I recommend him - he is very clear in his explanations.

Learning about Shariah from atheists who never studied Islam and its judicial system is the equivalent of learning about communism from FOX. You are likely to get an ignorant and biased version of reality.

Nie

break the rules I'm an innocent fool
You put forward a good argument not something you see everyday from SS users
:cosbyhmm:
She does. She's one of the few folks on this forum that I enjoy reading their posts. Nowdays I feel like most people are either too serious or not serious at all. So is good to see those who can strike good balance between having serious discussions and having light hearted jokes.

It is hard unless the two people doing it are stupid enough to do it in the open. During the prophet's time, a man caught his wife in bed with another man. He quickly ran to the prophet(s.a.w) and told him and the prophet (s.a.w) asked him if he had witnesses other than him and the man said. The prophet (s.a.w) did not do anything to punish the woman and the man she was cheating with. The interesting part is the prophet knew that the husband was right because he told the people who were sitting around him that when the woman gives birth(she got pregnant by the cheater), if she gave birth to boy with chubby legs the baby would belong to the man she cheated with and that is what happened. The moral of the story is if a prophet of God could not take God's laws into his own hands, what does that say about the rest of us?

VixR

Veritas

that's the whole point! Islam is not hell-bent on punishment like you guys seem to believe. Even the Prophet (PBUH) once told a lady who confessed that it would have been better for her to conceal her sin.

And it's not the same for rape victims afaik
Between these two posts of 1) Hadd being established through confesssion and the stringency of the 4 witnesses being an anti-slander measure based on hiding sin and honoring ppl 2) The prophet suggesting it's better to conceal one's sins.

What function does the punishment serve?

@VixR the punishment expiates the sin of the zina. A person who is stonned to death for adultery will not be punished for zina in akhira and the punishments of zina are among the worst.

VixR

Veritas
@VixR the punishment expiates the sin of the zina. A person who is stonned to death for adultery will not be punished for zina in akhira and the punishments of zina are among the worst.
Then why is it considered better to conceal the sin in the words of the prophet?

Then why is it considered better to conceal the sin in the words of the prophet?
Because Allah can choose to forgive the person in akhira but you have to die to find that out because the punishment for adultery starts in the grave. However, when a person confesses and they are stoned to death, that sin is absolved with their death. the prophet always stressed the mercy of Allah and the Quran repeats this theme over and over. But the only certain way to be sure that you are forgiven of that particular sin is via stoning.

I'd personally take my chances with God and that is what majority of people do.

VixR

Veritas
Because Allah can choose to forgive the person in akhira but you have to die to find that out because the punishment for adultery starts in the grave. However, when a person confesses and they are stoned to death, that sin is absolved with their death. the prophet always stressed the mercy of Allah and the Quran repeats this theme over and over. But the only certain way to be sure that you are forgiven of that particular sin is via stoning.

I'd personally take my chances with God and that is what majority of people do.
The punishment is made moot if you think about it. The ppl who confess must have a mental deficit of some kind.

Status
Not open for further replies.