You Can Be Pro-Black And Date Other Races. HERE'S WHY.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
I mean its possible to marry someone without harbouring any sort of chip on the shoulder toward your in-group. You don't owe anyone anything. Though I'm the kind of person that feels like marrying someone that matches me in ethnic heritage, religion, values, status, education, life goals/ambition. I like consistency and want them to be aligned. It's a value of mine and not everyone has to agree on. I never impose.

Also, as we're Somali, we often choose people within our ethnicity. I suppose that's the case for most groups though. For us going outside that is essentially marrying out. As the stigma is just as great if not greater if marrying a Non-Horn of African Black person. Even then Somali is emphasized heavily.

I think it's different for African Americans whereby in-group status for them is very broad and colour-based. I say they should go for whatever they like. Most of them are Judaeo-Christian and unless they are orthodox in their faith are generally more liberal leaning so I presume they probably marry out more than us and it's not like they have constraints in that sense.

African Americans might want their child to have some colour in them and look identifiable as SSA in some way. They maybe endeared to the notion of 'Black Love' and wishing to preserve that ideal. Whereas, Somalis don't harbour such sentiments most of the time. For them preservation of their ethnic roots is more valuable to them and they may have the desire to have children that aesthetically look Northeast African more precisely Somali-like. It's like comparing apples to origins really. And I'm only speaking for those with the desire to marry within. Such a preoccupation wouldn't be the case for those who are open to out-marriage (inter-ethnically or inter-racially).​

Khaemwaset

Djiboutian 🇩🇯 | 𐒖𐒆𐒄A𐒗𐒃 🇸🇴
VIP
All I gotta say is that if I saw someone screaming about pro black causes with a white wife behind him, I ain't taking him seriously. :ohno:

Last edited:
those are outliers/minorities. majority of the time if the spouse is outside your culture or ethnic group or ethnolinguistic group or social group its an interracial marriage. example is my mom would never allow me to be bring home a neighboring ethnic group let alone a black american woman. my family has a no interracial policy.
Somalis are our own race. The only way race as a coherent concept works is as an ethnic group. Most Somalis think of dating other "Black" people--especially non-horners-- as an interracial pairing and it effectively is genetically interracial if they're not Cushitic.

There's over 48 million African American people in the U.S. We aren't going anywhere.
you guys count people who are mostly European as "black" though; it's not a very useful category. The culture isn't coherently distinct from American culture either; this is why biracials who are entirely raised by their non-black single mothers in non-black communities can suddenly decide to be "black" and integrate fully into black culture.

you guys count people who are mostly European as "black" though; it's not a very useful category. The culture isn't coherently distinct from American culture either; this is why biracials who are entirely raised by their non-black single mothers in non-black communities can suddenly decide to be "black" and integrate fully into black culture.
Listen fam, we aren't going anywhere.