Would you lose respect for someone that killed themselves?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It might be a little judgemental of me, but I can't help but feel that I would lose a little respect for someone that killed themselves, it just seems defeatist. what are the reactions to suicide in the somali community? Is the family shunned?

I'd be more sad than anything. idk what respect has to do with it, the person was clearly suffering to have taken such drastic measures

GodKnowsBest

Somaliweyn Unionist
No, I'd feel bad that I couldn't do more to help them out and I would feel bad if I didn't introduce them to our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. May God protect those who have wavering hearts and cannot see his love and kindness for them. Amen.

No. People often kill themselves when they feel it's their only option, when whatever is hurting them is so painful that they view suicide as something of an ease. So where's the respect for them when they were in need?

I would feel compassion for them and feel sad but simultaneously lose a little respect for them.

No, I'd feel bad that I couldn't do more to help them out and I would feel bad if I didn't introduce them to our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. May God protect those who have wavering hearts and cannot see his love and kindness for them. Amen.
so. are you a real christian, or are you trolling? If you are christian, what makes christianity more coherent for your belief systems?

Vanguard

Fino alla morte
You never know what people were dealing with prior to committing suicide so I would never judge them.

In the Somalisphere, suicide is ceeb so when people hear about it, all of the 'holier than thou' folks come out in droves. I know someone whose father committed suicide and they were treated like outcasts for months until an imam had to address the issue in a Friday khutba. In the end the family moved to another country just to escape their backbiting and judging eyes whenever they saw them outside.

GodKnowsBest

Somaliweyn Unionist
so. are you a real christian, or are you trolling? If you are christian, what makes christianity more coherent for your belief systems?
Christianity teaches what it preaches through Jesus Christ. If you want more information I could refer you to the bible. There is not a single verse in the New Testament that serves proof that Jesus Christ is not the Saviour.

VixR

Veritas
No.

For most ppl, it's hard to grasp that someone, esp if they present as otherwise healthy, is experiencing mental torture to the point they want to die. It's lack of scope.

ItsHanna

I am the Toby Flenderson of this forum
I would lose respect if they were unsuccessful.

I comment something negative on here calling them a failure last year and I am still being attacked

If you're going to cut yourself remember to do it vertically.

Last edited:

Mckenzie

We star in movies NASA pay to watch
VIP
If they left behind young children in need of a parent i'd damn right judge them, if they threw themselves onto train tracks and traumatize the public i'd judge them too. Your life is yours, do with it as you wish, but have the decency to not hurt others around you in the process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts