Would you abort you child if they were severely mentally and physically disabled?

Would you abort?

• Yes

Votes: 36 41.4%
  • No

Votes: 38 43.7%
  • Unsure

Votes: 13 14.9%

• Total voters
Sis this topic is too nuanced for the 68iq immoral warriors on here. Everything is black and white to them. This topic was clearly aimed at children born with syndromes that make living a life of normalcy impossible. Talking about the joy and smile and other factors that dont apply to the situation. I'll never forget the face of defeat of this poor hooyo trying to get her special needs kid son enrolled in swimming at my local leisure centre and asking me to translate to the swimming teacher why her son was not allowed because hes condition was too much even for that specific class. Her heartbreakingly telling me just that she just needed a two hour break from the kid because that shit was tiring. That's the manageable end of the spectrum, can you imagine a child that would require around the clock care and most likely wont live that long. Absolutely heartbreaking but thats the reality and not bootyclapping for morality.

So you would take the life of that child and the consider yourself "smart"? What a soulless, creature. Waryaa, belief what you people, just stop hiding behind the word "sheikh" and pretending what you're preaching is acceptable in Islam. Our values come from our faith, and taking your son's or daughte's life is not one of them. When the godless start hiding behind "IQ" is when idiocy becomes the norm like this idiot.

Last edited:
Please check your imaan. It could be a test for you on this earth. The greatest gift that Allah (swt) gives is life. You need to understand the meaning of the below verse.

: إِنَّا ِلِلَّٰهِ وَإِنَّا إِلَيْهِ رَاجِعُون

Unless a human being committed a murder knowingly, we can't be in the business of who lives and who dies irrespective of whether they're on this earth or whether they're in the womb. That is not decision that human beings should take.

To give you an example, before the advent of Islam, Arab Bedouins used to bury their daughters alive. They did it because the prevailing culture has been you don't need many daughters. One of the first tradition that Islam put an end to was taking the lives of innocent girls.

Similarly, when doctors give you what they think of a child who has some form of disability in the womb, they're giving you a probability. It is not 100%. And if you decide to take the life of your child in the womb, you're really no different than the pagan Bedouins before the advent of Islam who used to take the life of their own daughters. Financial considerations can't be a reason to take the life of the unborn.

Fyi, I have a child with a disability, and alxamdulillaah, she turned to be good much different than what those doctors were telling us.

At the end, it is all of your beliefs and what is acceptable to you. Alxamdullillaah, I have my faith in Allah (swt) and put my trust in him.
@Sheikh Google this person thumbs down all my points, and once again when someone sways from a controversial opinion, they automatically question your deen.

First of all, I didn’t mean to insult anyone, especially a parent with a special needs child and may Allah swt make it easier on you and your beautiful child.

I have a son, as well, and wouldn’t want to come off like I’m mocking a child with disabilities,

But you yourslef can handle a child like this, and have good iman and strength whereas some of the religious Hoyoo’s I’ve known are severely depressed, ( one I know commited suicide over her two disabled children ), and just on survival mode.

I just don’t think it’s fair that just cause you may be able to handle this, and think it’s immoral for others to do so, remember that there are others who have gone through it and know they can’t deal with it

I won’t insult you and you have the right to think this way and have your opinion, but I also think it’s not fair that despite the few of us like @Sheikh Google , and including me who gave you legitimate examples and reasons on why we couldn’t do it , we are gaalo and don’t love Allah swt.

I’ve experienced it with my brother, and have worked with patients like this, and I know my limits.

Have a blessed day and take care. I don’t mean no harm by my statements.

Last edited:
@Sheikh Google loooool this man thumbs down all my points, and once again when someone sways from a controversial opinion, they automatically question your deen.

I won’t insult you and you have the right to think this way and have your opinion, but I also think it’s not fair that despite the few of us like @Sheikh Google , and including me who gave you legitimate examples and reasons on why we couldn’t do it , we are gaalo and don’t love Allah swt.

I’ve experienced it with my brother, and have worked with patients like this, and I know my limits.

Have a blessed day and take care.

I didn't insult you. I just disagree with you, but gave you examples. Where did I call you names?

I didn't insult you. I just disagree with you, but gave you examples. Where did I call you names?
I only saw you thumbs down all my comments and saw that you said I don’t have good iman to which you don’t know me personally.

I went off of that and then commented and then read the rest of your posts. So my bad for that.

Depending on the state or the country you live in, it’s extremely hard to get that type of care and if you do it’s a few hours a week only and it’s not as simply as get a care taker or something. Those can take a long time to get approved and at times it’s not enough.
In the UK i think they pay for you. You get extra child payment if you have a disabled child.

Show me where Hanafi, Maliki, Hanbali, or Shaafi'i condone what you're claiming here? I don't need the "modern" scholars. I need what those 4 established scholars stated on the subject.
Definitely sxb. The many people here trying to hide behind the curtain of ‘morality’ or on the better side of things are totally ignorant. How many times has the Quran and Hadith expressed the sanctity of life?

Ibn Taymiyyah, al Ghazali, all Hanbali and the vast majority of Shafi’i scholars, and many many more all prohibited abortion in the first 120 days with the penalty of a diyaa or fasting for 2 months. Imperfection is present in all of us; their laziness and rejection of Allah’s gift is something they’ll be questioned about.

@Amina99 You must keep connected with Allah. Don’t try to make this life seem like everything.

‘Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) said, "If Allah wants to do good to somebody, He afflicts him with trials."- Sahih al-Bukhari 5645

So in reality, you’re son is a blessing, I’ve cared for such a child myself. Don’t take the views of such an ignorant folk, the rewards are tremendous.

Definitely sxb. The many people here trying to hide behind the curtain of ‘morality’ or on the better side of things are totally ignorant. How many times has the Quran and Hadith expressed the sanctity of life?

Ibn Taymiyyah, al Ghazali, all Hanbali and the vast majority of Shafi’i scholars, and many many more all prohibited abortion in the first 120 days with the penalty of a diyaa or fasting for 2 months. Imperfection is present in all of us; their laziness and rejection of Allah’s gift is something they’ll be questioned about.

@Amina99 You must keep connected with Allah. Don’t try to make this life seem like everything.

‘Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) said, "If Allah wants to do good to somebody, He afflicts him with trials."- Sahih al-Bukhari 5645

So in reality, you’re son is a blessing, I’ve cared for such a child myself. Don’t take the views of such an ignorant folk, the rewards are tremendous.
My son isn’t the issue, alhamduillah, it’s my brother who’s autistic. I think your all confused who I’m talking about.

This life and dunya may not not be everything, but it’s still a life to be worth living, not simply being surviving.

I get where your coming from but to assume I’m not connected to Allah swt is laughable, when y’all haven’t seen what others such as myslef have gone through.

The rewards ? I get the rewards of the hereafter, but these Hoyoo’s with the violent types being beaten on all the time? By not having a life? By not able to even go to outside cause the child attacks everyone? Your other children don’t get your time cause the mom is always taking care of the special needs one ?
They’re suffering and some can’t deal with it. So don’t judge others who know they can’t .

Like at this point, I’m sorry but y’all still don’t get it where we coming from.

My autistic brother has not only knocked the teeth out of my toddler son, but put my mother in the hospital, and amongst other things he’s done and caused to us, I’m suddenly a monster for suggesting I know I couldn’t handle a child like that and therefore would abort ?

Like @Sheikh Google has said, making us feel guilty and using the moral route won’t work with us.

Isnt it also funny the same people who will pressure you to keep a severely disabled child, aren’t gonna be the ones to help you take of it and be at the surgeries and hospital visits and deal with the overall constant care you would have to do in the future to come ?

Last edited:
My son isn’t the issue, alhamduillah, it’s my brother who’s autistic. I think your all confused who I’m talking about.

This life and dunya may not not be everything, but it’s still a life to be worth living, not simply being surviving.

I get where your coming from but to assume I’m not connected to Allah swt is laughable, when y’all haven’t seen what others such as myslef have gone through.

The rewards ? I get the rewards of the hereafter, but these Hoyoo’s with the violent types being beaten on all the time? By not having a life? By not able to even go to outside cause the child attacks everyone? Your other children don’t get your time cause the mom is always taking care of the special needs one ?
They’re suffering and some can’t deal with it. So don’t judge others who know they can’t .

Like at this point, I’m sorry but y’all still don’t get it where we coming from.

My autistic brother has not only knocked the teeth out of my toddler son, but put my mother in the hospital, and amongst other things he’s done and caused to us, I’m suddenly a monster for suggesting I know I couldn’t handle a child like that and therefore would abort ?

Like @Sheikh Google has said, making us feel guilty and using the moral route won’t work with us.

Isnt it also funny the same people who will pressure you to keep a severely disabled child, aren’t gonna be the ones to help you take of it and be at the surgeries and hospital visits and deal with the overall constant care you would have to do in the future to come ?
I’m sorry for the mistake I made. The issue being discussed in this thread is that of children who are both physically and mentally disabled. From what I’ve seen regarding autism, the condition is mostly only mental whilst there’s also a great degree of violence and aggressiveness.

Now if you read my previous posts, I never said people should be pressurised into taking care of the physically and mentally disabled child. I just said that It’s their right to experience their god give life. I myself have taken care of them and the rewards are both here and in the hereafter. Autism is a different issue with greater aggressiveness and cannot be generalised to the wider number of disabilities.

Lostbox

「Immortal Sage」| Qabil-fluid
VIP
I remember asking this question because a couple I knew was going through this. The wife chose to have the kid while the husband wanted her to abort.

The father out of the pictur before kid was born. While the kid has no mental disability. They are going to need to be on wheelchair for the rest of their life. No idea about the details. Something wrong with the lower part of their body as far as I know

Trending

Latest posts