Why you should start a business back home.

So my brother who lives in Bossaso owns a car sales/rental company and he's making ~$10,000 a month without paying any taxes. Opportunities there seem to booming off time to cash in:westbrookswag:.
Does anyone else have any experience back home?

Hilmaam

Standin on bihness
VIP
It's possible to make a small fortune with waste management. Not too sure how practical it would be though. @Hilmaam
It’s possible even though local govt supposed to help with things like that. Things like sewage ,water treatment and such take a lot of investment. Waste removal little but easier but still. will average person want to pay for that? or should it be handled by taxes which they have no choice

the reason I always tell people start in west it’s not supper corrupt, you can get loans, and there is huge difference in purchasing power. The market cap for these industries back home is in million of dollars with cut throat competition. In west market is hundreds of billion with people who have a lot of disposable income. It’s much easier to succeed in west don’t jump in deep end and start looking first in Somalia for business

Last edited:

Vapour

Habeen
It’s possible even though local govt supposed to help with things like that. Things like sewage ,water treatment and such take a lot of investment. Waste removal little but easier but still. will average person want to pay for that? or should it be handled by taxes which they have no choice

the reason I always till people start in west it’s not supper corrupt, you can get loans, and there is huge difference in purchasing power. The market cap for these industries back home is in million of dollars with cut throat competition. In west market is hundreds of billion with people who have a lot of disposable income. It’s much easier to succeed in west don’t jump in deep end and start looking first in Somalia for business
The West is a red ocean, too. There are too many fixes for common problems. To make it big, you must think outside the box. Copying a business idea and implementing it elsewhere, is easier than coming up with a new one.

Last edited:

Ximan iyo Xadeed

Sanaag
VIP
So my brother who lives in Bossaso owns a car sales/rental company and he's making ~$10,000 a month without paying any taxes. Opportunities there seem to booming off time to cash in:westbrookswag:.

For reference

I wanna know

How many cars does he own?

Anything like insurance for damages?

Does he perform background checks before deciding whose to rent?

Gemstone

Sincerity is a dangerous thing.
A unique business opportunity for Reer Bosaso/Bari: buy solar eclipse glasses now(super cheap). And sell them in Bosaso for the upcoming 2027 eclipse.

Eclipse_2027.jpg

For reference

I wanna know

How many cars does he own?

Anything like insurance for damages?

Does he perform background checks before deciding whose to rent?
He owns 15 cars he leases them but he makes the most profit buying/ selling land cruisers. They use some app to sell and get id. cheap imports from dubai

Fair enough so about $22 dollar a car per day. Does he rent em to NGOs or organisations didn't think people were renting cars like that because people jump on bajaaj or whatever

Ximan iyo Xadeed

Sanaag
VIP
He owns 15 cars he leases them but he makes the most profit buying/ selling land cruisers. They use some app to sell and get id. cheap imports from dubai

I did some digging and apparently a 2005 Landcruiser costs around $12k in Dubai's used cars market and in Somalia it could go upto $50k 🤔

Unreal profit margins

Imo its better to sell toyota pickups to qabil militias , its a lucrative business

Last edited:

the reason I always tell people start in west it’s not supper corrupt, you can get loans, and there is huge difference in purchasing power. The market cap for these industries back home is in million of dollars with cut throat competition. In west market is hundreds of billion with people who have a lot of disposable income. It’s much easier to succeed in west don’t jump in deep end and start looking first in Somalia for business
But the west are already oversaturated in main industry unless it’s tech with new products

Hilmaam

Standin on bihness
VIP
But the west are already oversaturated in main industry unless it’s tech with new products
you can open up gas station, day care, home care , school, buy stuff from China sell it here. There is also a lot of demand for minority. A lot of big companies and local govts have awards and money set a side for minority business . West is richest in the world if people can’t succede here they won’t in Somalia. Unless they get money through corruption and clan nepotism. Best chance of being self made is in west. Somalia is broke with most people worried about surviving week to week

Hilmaam

Standin on bihness
VIP
The us child care market cap in America is expected to reach 83 billion by 2030 that’s 10x Somalia gdp

Trending