Why hot arid climates produce the best warriors

NidarNidar

Punisher
Can you expand on the naturally low dopamine?

Interesting side point-Farmers in ancient East Africa were more likely to ferment and drink alcohol than the pastoralist populations around them.
Don't want to copy and paste the same stuff, but here is the link I went deeper into it.

I've only recently started delving deeper into this stuff since I noticed around 2017 when I went fully on keto, I consumed more protein and fats, reduced processed junk and was hitting the gym hard, it was the happiest I've ever been, I lived my whole life on low battery mode and it felt weird wanting to be around people more.

I also went back home that year, sadly I delved back to old habits, trying to get back into it.

Somalis drank fermented camel milk, which had some alcohol, I can see why are ancestors loved coffee and khat, it slowed the release of dopamine in the system.

Aseer

A man without a 🐫 won't be praised in afterlife
VIP
I gain muscle pretty well, but also fat, there is no one typical Somali type, sadly back home a lot of people are malnourished due to not eating foods with high nutritional density.
Same it is easier for me to gain muscle and fat but hard for me to get rid of the fat.

NidarNidar

Punisher
Mongols and Turks lived in cold climate yet they bullied the world
Genetics are complex, sometimes all it takes is the right leader and decent hand to unite a people, just cause you have the best warriors doesn't mean you will win, you'll need to be able to pay them, feed them and train them well.

NidarNidar

Punisher
Same it is easier for me to gain muscle and fat but hard for me to get rid of the fat.
Try eating more protein and cut off highly processed carbs, eating highly processed and sugary foods leads to cravings and overeating, which leave a strong imprint on the pleasure centers in the prefrontal cortex and lead to weight gain. Being overweight can impair dopamine pathways, leading to you to seek more food, and spiralling you deeper into depression.

Ramadan is coming up, try fasting 21 hours, this is how I started my original OMAD diet, I can't eat in the morning so would just pray and go to sleep, I would drink 2-3 litres of water before bed with some salts or maybe some soup.
So in essence:

- Eat more protein(reduce carbs)
- Get more exercise
- Go for daily walks in the Sun
- Get adequate sleep(min 8 hours)
- Do daily mediation(or just pray as normal)

I would go full keto for a few weeks, don't bother calorie stricting yourself, you'll need to get into ketosis, and make sure to ad extra salt into your food.

Last edited:

Aseer

VIP
Try eating more protein and cut off highly processed carbs, eating highly processed and sugary foods leads to cravings and overeating, which leave a strong imprint on the pleasure centers in the prefrontal cortex and lead to weight gain. Being overweight can impair dopamine pathways, leading to you to seek more food, and spiralling you deeper into depression.

Ramadan is coming up, try fasting 21 hours, this is how I started my original OMAD diet, I can't eat in the morning so would just pray and go to sleep, I would drink 2-3 litres of water before bed with some salts or maybe some soup.
So in essence:

- Get more exercise
I am starting my cut so I will try this out, thanks bro.

Aseer

VIP

So in essence:

- Get more exercise
@NidarNidar is it OK if I do the keto diet and eat one meal in the morning before going gym and then getting in my 2 other meals during iftar?

NidarNidar

Punisher
@NidarNidar is it OK if I do the keto diet and eat one meal in the morning before going gym and then getting in my 2 other meals during iftar?
One thing I noticed while doing keto, it takes a while for it to take effect, you'll gain stamina over the week as your body gets used to only using fat and protein, if you have any joint pain it tends to reduce it, when I first went back to the gym a few years back, I was able to double my high-intensity cardio.

I wouldn't recommend hitting the gym to hard early on, do light weights and cardio, don't reduce the amount you eat for the first few weeks, you'll need to calorie restrict as normal to lose weight, keto will shrink your stomach and first few weeks, you'll shed a lot of water weight, it will get rid of your bloated stomach as well if you had gluten sensitivity.

Aseer

VIP
One thing I noticed while doing keto, it takes a while for it to take effect, you'll gain stamina over the week as your body gets used to only using fat and protein, if you have any joint pain it tends to reduce it, when I first went back to the gym a few years back, I was able to double my high-intensity cardio.

I wouldn't recommend hitting the gym to hard early on, do light weights and cardio, don't reduce the amount you eat for the first few weeks, you'll need to calorie restrict as normal to lose weight, keto will shrink your stomach and first few weeks, you'll shed a lot of water weight, it will get rid of your bloated stomach as well if you had gluten sensitivity.
I have been going to gym for a long time so is it alright if I just continue as normal just change my diet and all?

Don't want to copy and paste the same stuff, but here is the link I went deeper into it.

I've only recently started delving deeper into this stuff since I noticed around 2017 when I went fully on keto, I consumed more protein and fats, reduced processed junk and was hitting the gym hard, it was the happiest I've ever been, I lived my whole life on low battery mode and it felt weird wanting to be around people more.

I also went back home that year, sadly I delved back to old habits, trying to get back into it.

Somalis drank fermented camel milk, which had some alcohol, I can see why are ancestors loved coffee and khat, it slowed the release of dopamine in the system.

This is the study about the alcohol I was referring to. They did studies in the ADH alcohol “gene” on various populations in the horn. Is it saying Ethiopians are more prone to alcoholism?😂

Ps. Most nomadic Somalis didn’t touch khat until recent times.

NidarNidar

Punisher

This is the study about the alcohol I was referring to. They did studies in the ADH alcohol “gene” on various populations in the horn. Is it saying Ethiopians are more prone to alcoholism?😂

Ps. Most nomadic Somalis didn’t touch khat until recent times.
I don't have it as - well, other factors also play, genes for impulsiveness, but if you don't have a variant of this snp you'll be more likely prone to alcoholism.

Khat actually predates coffee usage, it was naturally grown in or around East Hararghe.