Why do Somalis have their own country, but Afars and Oromos don't?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eritrea will never join Ethiopia. Your tribe is oppressing my people. Eritrea is a Muslim majority country.

Maybe if you stopped being homosexual and picked up a ak-47, they would stop oppressing you?:mjlol:

Can.you speak af Bilen? I would like to see a few sentences.

Dude, stop denying your origins. Even though the Axumites officially started in the horn, they were not native to it. They were a branch of South Semitic, along with their geez language. You are not native to the horn. You've just hijacked land and culture belonging to the Northern and central Cushites. Even the Anglo-Saxon admit they come from Germany.:draketf:

Either way it started in the Horn. The other user was saying it started in Yemen and the kingdom expanded over, which is wrong.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I'll start to believe I'm not native to the Horn when I look like a full Yemeni, again you seem to like to over-emphasise my minority side while forgetting the rest:ayaanswag:.

Dude, stop denying your origins. Even though the Axumites officially started in the horn, they were not native to it. They were a branch of South Semitic, along with their geez language. You are not native to the horn. You've just hijacked land and culture belonging to the Northern and central Cushites. Even the Anglo-Saxon admit they come from Germany.:draketf:

Yes s/semites came from the middle east, but the kingdoms Started in the horn. The oldest inscription of south Arabian was found in the southern red sea region of Eritrea (afar land)

Either way it started in the Horn. The other user was saying it started in Yemen and the kingdom expanded over, which is wrong.

I'll start to believe I'm not native to the Horn when I look like a full Yemeni, again you seem to like to over-emphasise my minority side while forgetting the rest:ayaanswag:.

You are overwhelming not Horner though. I wasn't even talking about you per se. You're probably a result of the xabashisation of indegenous Cushites. You get a pass, because you're probably a result of forced assimilation.

I'm talking about the 20-30% of xabashi that don't belong.

Yes s/semites came from the middle east, but the kingdoms Started in the horn. The oldest inscription of south Arabian was found in the southern red sea region of Eritrea (afar land)
Yes, however it was found in Akele Guzay though, the inhabitants there are Tigrigna speakers and Saho currently.

Actually bro, the Axumites territories wasn't that big. They managed to conquer the Kushites, when the latter civilisation declined along with Ancient Egypt. They also held.southern Yemen for a few years until the Persians kicked them out. But they didn't assimilate and conquer the Oromo and afar until well into the 19-20th centuries with the help of European weapons.

This is the true size of their "empire"

Map_of_Aksum_and_South_Arabia_ca._230_AD.jpg

And after conquering Kush

1200px-African-civilizations-map-pre-colonial.svg.png

Axum was big, and small. That map is slightly accurate as it shows the size of their kingdom at a certain point in time. In reality the axumites conquered the beja(begum) the other south Semites(himyar) and the other surrounding kingdoms like sesea. Their kingdom rescue Djibouti and parts of Somaliland.

AceofSom

nx]\\0-9

Actually, the idea that Axum was a Southern Arabian import, was constructed by colonial writers.Theirs no evidence to suggest that it was founded by Sabaeans.
There are records of older native civilization in the region long before Axum.

You are overwhelming not Horner though. I wasn't even talking about you per se. You're probably a result of the xabashisation of indegenous Cushites. You get a pass, because you're probably a result of forced assimilation.

I'm talking about the 20-30% of xabashi that don't belong.

Yes you remembered my haplo-group :rejoice:, but we can't solely use haplo-groups though, the entire world could be rearranged drastically if we were to base it on that:icon lol:.

Actually, the idea that Axum was a Southern Arabian import, was constructed by colonial writers.Theirs no evidence to suggest that it was founded by Sabaeans.
There are records of older civilization in the region long before Axum.

They weren't Sabeans, but another south Semitic group related to them just like Somalis aren't Oromo but are related.

Apollo

VIP
We know Somalis are closely related to the Afars and Oromos, and since none of these three groups were apart of Abyssinia....then why are the Afars and Oromos a part of Ethiopia/Eritrea today, but the Somalis have their own separate country?
Why did the Somalis get to have their own country, but not the Oromos and Afars don't?

And what were the Somalis/Oromos/Afars doing during the time of the Aksum Kingdom? Were they all one people?

Somalis don't have their own country.

In Somalia there are too many Bantus.
In Djibouti there are too many Afars.

Both are just multicultural make-believe countries like the rest of Africa.

Yes you remembered my haplo-group :rejoice:, but we can't solely use haplo-groups though, the entire world could be rearranged drastically if we were to base it on that:icon lol:.

We can use autosomal instead, either way, you are a foreign hybrid.

Do you see how Tigrey and Amhara are all over the place, and how some even cluster towards Sudanese half arabs?

We can use autosomal instead, either way, you are a foreign hybrid.

Do you see how Tigrey and Amhara are all over the place, and how some even cluster towards Sudanese half arabs?

True, but if it's autosomal, our Gedmatch results were similar too:cosbyhmm:.

Also @Prince Abubu @AceofSom , the evidence that suggests the Cushitic substratum in MSA, suggests this:
"Having identified a Cushitic-like substratum in Modern South Arabian, Militarev (1984, 18- 19; cf. also Belova 2003) proposes that Cushites originally lived throughout the Arabian Peninsula; thus they would be the original southern neighbors of the Semites, who then assimilated those Cushites who did not move into Ethiopia."
'Cushites who did not move into Ethiopia', implying some must have:cosbyhmm:....

Regg

Stroking my Australinimo
Abyssinian ethnic groups always had grudges against their neighbouring ethnic groups and have always wanted to rule over them for an obvious reason. Somalia have a little to do with this since they were far from the shores.

The Abyssinian expansion across the Horns of Africa began during the late 19th century when the Ottoman withdrew from the region and European colonial powers settling in.

This sparked a huge war in the region - Continious wars between Muslim ethnic groups, Abyssinia and the European colonialist, the Mahdist wars, the Mad Mullah revolt, Egyptian intervention and so on.

So, the question is how did Abyssinia expand and why wasn't Somali affected but the rest were?

First of all, Somalia and Somaliland was a colony and a British and Italian protectorate whereas the others weren't which is why they weren't affected. The idea of thinking Somalis were "stubborn" is laughable considering how their country were colonized or how Ogaden was occupied.

Anyway, the Abyssinains benefited greatly from this because the British chose them as their ally and supported their annexation of the South, West, North and East so they could establish 'Ethiopia' and the British respected and recognized their newly formed country.

They also received unlimited modern arms from the coastal regions in the North of Somalia whereas the local ethnic Sultanates had sticks and had no support. Their lands were in shambles and were isolated unlike in the past where they had regional allies (local Sultanates supported each other to ensure Abyssinia wasn't a threat) and had the support of the World Powers support (Ottomans and Egypt who viewed the region as a vassal state).

So, they stood no chance against Abyssinia. Italy managed to blackmail the locals in Eritrea into thinking how Menelik were going to invade their lands and how Italy would protect them as they no longer had a sultanate after the Mahdist defeat so they came in with recieving little to no resistance and were seen as favourable over Menelik's army so they reluctanctly accepted Italian colonialism.

Another thing is the British, France and Italy never wanted Afar, Oromo, Beja, Saho, Aderi or other ethnic groups to rule and viewed them as a hostile groups because of the religious difference, their historic wars against them and their ally (Abyssinia) which is why they divided the Beja and Tigre between Sudan and Eritrea, Afar and Somalis from the three countries, Saho and Jeberti from Eritrea and Ethiopia and so on to ensure they won't unite in the future and keep them subjugated by modern leaders who are seen as foreign to them.

I remember reading a book saying they would lose their colonial status if they were ever to rule the region again.

Historically, they have always favoured the Amharans and Tigrayans over them.

Last edited:
True, but if it's autosomal, our Gedmatch results were similar too:cosbyhmm:.

Also @Prince Abubu @AceofSom , the evidence that suggests the Cushitic substratum in MSA, suggests this:
"Having identified a Cushitic-like substratum in Modern South Arabian, Militarev (1984, 18- 19; cf. also Belova 2003) proposes that Cushites originally lived throughout the Arabian Peninsula; thus they would be the original southern neighbors of the Semites, who then assimilated those Cushites who did not move into Ethiopia."
'Cushites who did not move into Ethiopia', implying some must have:cosbyhmm:....

MSA are not situated in the parts of Yemen that you guys come from. They are situated in Hadhramaut, AlMahrah, Socotra and Salalah province of Oman. They were likely occupied by lowland east Cushitic speakers before the Semitic onslaught came into Arabia. Nothing to do with Ethiosemitic people.

We will compromise if you give up your Barbarian language and customs and embrace Cushitic supremacy. Otherwise, I hear Sanaa is lovely this time of year...:manny:

MSA are not situated in the parts of Yemen that you guys come from. They are situated in Hadhramaut, AlMahrah, Socotra and Salalah province of Oman. They were likely occupied by lowland east Cushitic speakers before the Semitic onslaught came into Arabia. Nothing to do with Ethiosemitic people.

We will compromise if you give up your Barbarian language and customs and embrace Cushitic supremacy. Otherwise, I hear Sanaa is lovely this time of year...:manny:

I'll have to refuse that offer, Tigray is my homeland:siilaanyosmile::manny:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts