Why do Somalians get triggered when you call them..

Status
Not open for further replies.

SomaliWadaniSoldier

Weeping for the Nation of 68
Interahamwe
VIP
Dont u fucking call me Somalian.
Iam not Somalian.
Iam Somali.
I never saw Somalian in my life.

Its like me saying:
Japanian
Netherlandsian
Germanian
Spainian
Iraqian

Apollo

VIP
The term ''Somalian'' will neutralize Bantus calling themselves Somali with the ''muh citizenship argument''. Then we can have a distinction between Somali (ethnicity) and Somalian (citizenship).

The term ''Somalian'' will neutralize Bantus calling themselves Somali with the ''muh citizenship argument''. Then we can have a distinction between Somali (ethnicity) and Somalian (citizenship).
They shouldn't even be allowed "citizenship" in the first place. Mudane cheese needs to strike a deal with Tanzania & Mozambique to return them to their homeland.

Apollo

VIP
They shouldn't even be allowed "citizenship" in the first place. Mudane cheese needs to strike a deal with Tanzania & Mozambique to return them to their homeland.

Westerners and their human rights nonsense. It is apparantly illegal to make people stateless. The Western media will smear us and their governments will fund Al-Shabaab-like groups and overthrow any Somali government that strips Bantus off their citizenship.

Westerners and their human rights nonsense. It is apparantly illegal to make people stateless. The Western media will smear us and fund Al-Shabaab-like groups and overthrow any Somali governments that strips Bantus of their citizenship.
Gaalos have no right to interfere with our affairs, air-lifting them back to their country will be in their interests, we will be correcting historical mistakes.

Apollo

VIP
Gaalos have no right to interfere with our affairs, air-lifting them back to their country will be in their interests, we will be correcting historical mistakes.

You can't fight this system:

Pol_cultural_Marxism_conspiracy_flowchart.jpg

Apollo

VIP
That only applies to western countries. Somalia is free from that system, just like arab & asian countries.

Western NGOs and other groups connected to those ''international banks'' and ''Western governments'' control Somalia. They allow for some policy leeway, but there are obvious no-go-policies that will result in pariah status Iran/North Korea style.

Walaal i believe it boils down to preference some are fine with it others not so much to each their own i say. Whether or not people take offence at it is relative you will argue the opposite laakin that's just your personal opinion. We can't be dictating how other people should label themselves, if a person feels that label doesn't suit them then the best course of action to take is to describe them how they want to be described. I agree it's a trivial matter when you look at the grand scheme of things so why bother in the first place? It doesn't make sense to you but it makes sense to others it's simple as that, that's why they will come to a different conclusion than you. Trying to argue that they should come to the same viewpoint as yours will lead you no where, it only creates heated debates nothing more.

Have a koob of shaah & relax walaal

Mahamosa-12-Somali-Food-Blog.jpg

I don't mean to put forward calling ourselves Somalian, I prefer Somali myself. My point was that I don't understand why we lash out/make a fuss whenever someone says Somalian instead of Somali when it isn't wrong or offensive. You'll see it a lot on social media, people overreacting and getting "triggered" over it. Are they just jumping on a bandwagon or is there a reason for the strong aversion?

You mistook my tone sxb, it's easy to appear riled up (and at times hostile) online without using emojis. Sorry to have come across like that. Thanks for the shaah and discussion. :nvjpqts:

imo, Somalian should be used as a nationality.
Somali should be used as an ethnicity.
So that we don't have confusions over folks who claim Somali because of nationality but aren't ethnically so.

As for the triggering, this is just a learned behavior from other Somalis online.

SuldaanGuled

Rag waa shaah dumarna waa sheeko.
I don't mean to put forward calling ourselves Somalian, I prefer Somali myself. My point was that I don't understand why we lash out/make a fuss whenever someone says Somalian instead of Somali when it isn't wrong or offensive. You'll see it a lot on social media, people overreacting and getting "triggered" over it. Are they just jumping on a bandwagon or is there a reason for the strong aversion?

You mistook my tone sxb, it's easy to appear riled up (and at times hostile) online without using emojis. Sorry to have come across like that. Thanks for the shaah and discussion. :nvjpqts:

Walaal i'm not upset nor did i believe you were hostile towards me at all, our discussion was civil at least from my view iga raali noqo for any inconvenience coming from my side. My point was that human beings are emotional beings and we make judgements based on these emotions, trying to make a logical sense out of this will not be helpful. That's why sometimes it's best to leave it as it is or you risk complicating the entire issue all together. Hope this make sense walaal

Waa bash bash iyo barwaaqo walaal

Mahadsanid for the civil dooda

:dabcasar:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending