Why do foreigners believe Somaliland is a paradise?

You'll be surprised to know this but Ethiopians dont hate somalis much at all nor would they waste time larping as one when they have bigger fish to fry.
Somalis hate eachother 10X times more. This habit of calling someone we disagree with "oromo" has to stop, its pathetic.
He’s open about it and admitted it in this thread and others in the poltics section πŸ˜‚

Just calling a spade and spade :kanyeshrug:

You'll be surprised to know this but Ethiopians dont hate somalis much at all nor would they waste time larping as one when they have bigger fish to fry.
Somalis hate eachother 10X times more. This habit of calling someone we disagree with "oromo" has to stop, its pathetic.
We are talking about the internet buddy. Of course Somalis hate each other in Somalia but in the west and in the internet we are far more united than you think.

And its not mere disagree lmao. I'm talking about borderline racism and lies being espoused about Somalis. We don't call anyone we disagree with an Oromo, that would be immature.

We are talking about the internet buddy. Of course Somalis hate each other in Somalia but in the west and in the internet we are far more united than you think.

And its not mere disagree meant lmao. I'm talking about borderline racism and lies being espouted about Somalis. I don't call anyone I disagree with an Oromo, that would be immature.
No we hate eachother in the west too, especially when we get involved in politics. Somalis do much worse than borderline racism stuff. Your naive, i've been around somali forums since the late 2000's.

Wonyluvr

β€œla vie en roseπŸ₯€ ~”
VIP
No we hate eachother in the west too, especially when we get involved in politics. Somalis do much worse than borderline racism stuff. You’re naive, i've been around somali forums since the late 2000's.
a mix of qabilism and trauma

dude your literally Oromo and got deported from puntland. Keep crying while you were trying to have a better life in Somalia then your native Oromia

You don't even know why my family was there.

We are a rich family originally. My father was a trader and owned many businesses in a small town (I won't say which one) , during the days of Haile Selassie. The problem was the town was far from the nearest city which was across the valley. My father invested and built a bridge across the valley to cut the travel time. It was one of a few private bridges in the country at the time.

Anyway this was a success and the town grew as more people moved there and my fathers' business flourished. The bridge was very lucrative with the tolls we were making.

Soon the DERG came into power and the bridge was confiscated by the commies. The economy suffered and people moved away. The bridge fell into disrepair.

After the DERG left power my family sought to reclaim our property and we were succesful but the process took many years. By now my father was a very old man and his businesses had failed. We didn't have enough money to repair the bridge and try to change our fortunes.

My family went to Puntland when we heard of the money being made there. We hoped to the sell the bridge to someone who believed they could change their fortunes. We were not successful but we are still looking. Anyway if you believe that, I have a bridge to sell you.

Wonyluvr

β€œla vie en roseπŸ₯€ ~”
VIP
You don't even know why my family was there.

We are a rich family originally. My father was a trader and owned many businesses in a small town (I won't say which one) , during the days of Haile Selassie. The problem was the town was far from the nearest city which was across the valley. My father invested and built a bridge a private bridge across the valley to cut the travel time. It was one of a few private bridges in the country at the time.

Anyway this was a success and the town grew as more people moved there and my fathers' business flourished. The bridge was very lucrative with the tolls we were making.

Soon the DERG came into power and the bridge was confiscated by the commies. The economy suffered and people moved away. The bridge fell into disrepair.

After the DERG left power my family sought to reclaim our property and we were succesful but the process took many years. By now my father was a very old man and his businesses had failed. We didn't have enough money to repair the bridge and try to change our fortunes.

My family went to Puntland when we heard of the money being made there. We hoped to the sell the bridge to someone who believed they could change their fortunes. We were not successful but we are still looking. Anyway if you believe that, I have a bridge to sell you.
wait bro fight back against the Oromo allegations

No we hate eachother in the west too, especially when we get involved in politics. Somalis do much worse than borderline racism stuff. Your naive, i've been around somali forums since the late 2000's.
Maybe older generations did but newer ones don't care about qabil at all. Why do you think there are barely any qabil conflicts in the west? Somalis fight madows way more than they fight each other. Even Somali on Somali gang conflicts are rooted more in poverty than qabil.

Wonyluvr

β€œla vie en roseπŸ₯€ ~”
VIP
Maybe older generations did but newer ones don't care about qabil at all. Why do you think there are barely any qabil conflicts in the west? Somalis fight madows way more than they fight each other. Even Somali on Somali gang conflicts are rooted more in poverty than qabil.
Somali uk drill :farmajoyaab:

Im talking about the qabiilists obviously, they start as normal but its once they get into politics, thats all it takes and they slide down into the gutter because folks dont know to act civillized online. Not everyone but many. Your average roadman obsessed with sports isnt the one sending videos of other somalis to far right racists. So im obv not referring to every somali.

a mix of qabilism and trauma
Which makes sense back home. Meanwhile, what trauma exists for younger Somalis born in the west? They never got to experience the horrors of war or the discrimination that clans felt. Unless their parents are feeding that sort of stuff to their children then qabil is nonexistent among western Somalis. It doesn't provide any tangible benefits like it would in Somalia

Im talking about the qabiilists obviously, they start as normal but its once they get into politics, thats all it takes and they slide down into the gutter because folks dont know to act civillized online. Not everyone but many. Your average roadman obsessed with sports isnt the one sending videos of other somalis to far right racists. So im obv not referring to every somali.
Once again, qabilists in the west and online are a minority. Sure qabil plays a role in politics but how many online are willing to condemn their own ethnicity and suck up to racists? No really, how many are willing to do that?

@Khaemwaset @Aseer Look at this nacas πŸ’€πŸ’€

Screenshot_20240329_032947_Reddit.jpg

I went back to hargiesa forfirst time in 25 years and really liked the place enough for start planing on moving back permanently

You sound a bit naive, it's well proven Ethiopians do claim Somalis especially when they're doing something that would give Ethiopian people a bad reputation, some examples, Johnny Somali the Oromo who has been terrorizing Japanese people, how about the Ethiopian mercenary who was cought by the Ukrainians fighting for Russia, he also claimed Somali to not give his country/people bad reputation, there are countless of incidents like this, then we have Ethiopians like @Itsnotthateasy larping as a lander.

Trending