Why didn't Ethiopians Christianize Somalis before Islam? πŸ€”

Nin123

The most hated man in here
VIP
Somalis were monotheistic not pagans.I saw when looking in this forum that before Islam Somalis were yahuuds and Christians I don’t know how true it it’s though
Somalis are the lost chidren of Israel who mixed with East African blacks.

Garaad Awal

Zubeyri, Hanafi Maturidi
Somaliland was Christian before Islam and Jewish as well. The Marexaan clan chief mentioned in the Futuh also had a Christian Ethio-Semitic Christian name of Tewedros so further proof that SL was once heavily Christian.

I have a theory that desert like areas of Africa and the middle were more recpetive to island for various reasons where as the more jungle/farmland types of people are not as receptive to Islam, looks at North Africa, northern Sudan, upper west Africa, Somali and afar people, are all usually arid peoples who fully embraced Islam, where as Southern Africa, lower west Africa, habseha and (some) oromo parts of Ethiopia, they resisted Islam more.

mr.overeasy

The most eggcelent member
The Kingdom of Axum officially became a Christian kingdom in the 4th century AD, long before Islam.

Christianity is known for expanding and sending out mercenaries to convert the pagan masses.

The sultanates didn't exist in this timeline, and Somalis worshiped the pagan God Waaq.

Why didn't or couldn't the Aksumites convert the Somalis who lived right next door?
Because somalis were pretty much always militarily superior to their neighbors but too divided to actually wield that power.

If you look at somali history its basically us absolutely destroying anyone on the field but being so divided we stalemate every war.

Even in the war against the colonial invaders both the daarwish and geledi crippled eachother in a battle, the british and italians didn't actually do the major break to either.

Somaliland was Christian before Islam and Jewish as well. The Marexaan clan chief mentioned in the Futuh also had a Christian Ethio-Semitic Christian name of Tewedros so further proof that SL was once heavily Christian.
can you link where you saw this?

Trending