Which Somali accent is your favorite?

Its a pretty large state to be fair. Id like to think its one dialect with sub categories. I think its more to do with region rather than clans. When I went to xamar I couldn’t understand a word people were saying genuinely. it was like they were speaking a whole different language
you went to somali capital and could understand the somali spoken there. i do'nt think you went to xamar maybe baydhabo.

The northern regions have the best accent.
So Waqooyi, Puntland.
They are clear and pleasant to hear.
If its centred to Somalia I like the iidoor dialects I would understand certain words without even asking them and it’s funny as well but if we’re talking about the entire peninsula then it’s the Ogaden galti dialect that’s my favourite. I had an iidoor friend once, he would spit on the ground and yell and LITERALLY mock everything that moves. Those are characteristics of the average Ogaden nomad😆dude reminded me of my galti ancestors

Puntland being the largest state in Somalia has also different accents. My favorite is the one that ends with niin or aan in almost every sentence.

CABDULWALI XASAN.

Cabdul's Status CLOSED until further notice.
Reer xamar has a lot of foreign words
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Only Isaaqs and Dhulos are able to speak in the Ogaden dialect they’re the ONLY two Somali clans who are able to the guy below reciting the poem is idoor.

Galbeed vs Waqooyi dialects

Dir dialect vs Waqooyi

The Degoodi dialect is too aggressive.
I have mixture of Waqooyi n Ogaden

Baarisiyomoos

buuq iyo balaayo 🫧
What kind of poetry have you discovered for you to conclude that af maay is compatible with gabay somali?:faysalwtf::faysalwtf::faysalwtf::faysalwtf::faysalwtf::faysalwtf::faysalwtf::faysalwtf::faysalwtf::faysalwtf::faysalwtf:
Confused Eyes GIF by MOODMAN

this is the most shocking post I’ve read since I registered on this web
Don’t diss af maay is beautiful it sounds like honey :rejoice:

vanilla

i think with my heart
Djibouti accent because they can speak French
:damnmusic:

:jcoleno:hearing them mix Somali and French together makes me forget how to walk because I go weak on the knees :lawd:

Trending

Latest posts