Which Somali accent is your favorite?

Reer Puntland and Reer Somaliland have the most understandable af Somali. The rest sounds off like Swahili infused
The worst is probably southern Somalia doesn't even sound Somali the best is Djibouti

Somaliweyn has a lot of lahjads. City dwellers and reer miyi even have differences in lahjad.

The south alone has like different lahjads, maybe like 5 different dialects. In Somaliland, a person from Borama will have a different accent to those in Hargeisa or Ceerigaabo. Same thing in Puntland, different lahjads in Qandala and Gaalkacyo. Same thing in Galmudug, different lahjads in Hobyo and in Ceeldheer. Af maay is sometimes even considered a different language.

Somaliweyn has a lot of lahjads. City dwellers and reer miyi even have differences in lahjad.

The south alone has like different lahjads, maybe like 5 different dialects. In Somaliland, a person from Borama will have a different accent to those in Hargeisa or Ceerigaabo. Same thing in Puntland, different lahjads in Qandala and Gaalkacyo. Same thing in Galmudug, different lahjads in Hobyo and in Ceeldheer. Af maay is sometimes even considered a different language.
I'm from Puntland and all the dialect that were given as examples of Somaliland is the same dialect my relatives and I speak. That why I stated Puntland and Somaliland have the same dialect.

Mudug_gyal

ุจู…ุง ูŠุฑุถูŠ ุงู„ู„ู‡ Feminist
VIP
Hg speak in mudug dialect right or does my clan have their own
Its a pretty large state to be fair. Id like to think its one dialect with sub categories. I think its more to do with region rather than clans. When I went to xamar I couldnโ€™t understand a word people were saying genuinely. it was like they were speaking a whole different language

I'm from Puntland and all the dialect that were given as examples of Somaliland is the same dialect my relatives and I speak. That why I stated Puntland and Somaliland have the same dialect.

Let me correct myself, some of the regions I mentioned donโ€™t only differ in accent, but also dialect. Puntland and Somaliland do not share a dialect, because even within SL, thereโ€™s differences in dialect. I donโ€™t think dialects should be generalized. But if youโ€™re referring to the Af Maxaa tiri dialect, thatโ€™s spoken by majority of Somalis.

Let me correct myself, some of the regions I mentioned donโ€™t only differ in accent, but also dialect. Puntland and Somaliland do not share a dialect, because even within SL, thereโ€™s differences in dialect. I donโ€™t think dialects should be generalized. But if youโ€™re referring to the Af Maxaa tiri dialect, thatโ€™s spoken by majority of Somalis.
Ok that makes sense of Af Maxaa tiri dialect

Djibouti/Sitti/deep Somali Galbeed are the funniest Iโ€™ve heard IRL. Djibouti isnโ€™t too bad but once you cross the border into Ethiopia from Borama, shit starts to get weird.

The reer Bari โ€œaar boowe maxaa jidhaa" will never not be hilarious :damn:
Puntite accent is hands down the clearest and most easy to understand.

not a dialect but I love af maay it sounds like poetry
What kind of poetry have you discovered for you to conclude that af maay is compatible with gabay somali?:faysalwtf::faysalwtf::faysalwtf::faysalwtf::faysalwtf::faysalwtf::faysalwtf::faysalwtf::faysalwtf::faysalwtf::faysalwtf:
Confused Eyes GIF by MOODMAN

this is the most shocking post Iโ€™ve read since I registered on this web

Hereโ€™s a Isaaq adeer explaining how the galbeed lahjad is better then the Waqooyi :lolbron:
We really dont have any problem with reer galbeed as we were poetical rivals back in the day but if you're a konfuria cagdheerian sxb I got some bad news for u.

Last edited:

Trending

Latest posts