Which schools of Aqeedah do you subscribe too?

Which schools of Aqeedah do you subscribe to?

• Batniyyah (Aqeedah of some Twelver Shias & Ismailis)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zaydi (close to Mu’tazila with a Shia twist)

• Imami-Ismā'īlīs

• Total voters
Even though I would consider myself to be mostly Atheri I tend to lean into Ashari in terms of Allah's characters (Sifaat). Despite Atheris denying any assimilation of Allah to his creatures (Tashbeh) I feel like they're unintentionally doing it by authenticating controversial Hadith that many scholars reject which is the Prophet pbuh seeing his God in a form of a beardless young man and stating that Allah has eyes, hands, a face and legs physically and not metaphorically as Ashari believe in.
that hadeeth is not accepted. even well known "salafi scholars" like Al-Albani say this

Garaad Awal

Zubeyri, Hanafi Maturidi
this is just completely incorrect. Atharis/salafis say that they affirm what Allah and His messenger have affirmed without adding anything to it. They also affirm that there is nothing like unto Allah as Allah says in 42:11 or 112:4.

View attachment 327876

While ash'aris or maturidis for example deny that for example the "Hands" mentioned in this verse refer to actual Hands. Salafis/Atharis affirm that Allah has Hands but DEFINITELY UNLIKE HUMAN HANDS. And that they are in a manner that befits His majesty
Anthropomorphism is the attribution of human traits, emotions, or intentions to non-human entities. This is textbook anthropomorphism, Atharis (not all Atharis are Salafists), this is the consequence of the literalist approach.

For example I will ask the Salafists & the Hanaabila that follow the athari creed, do they also believe Allah is literally closer to us than our jugular veins?

وَلَقَدْ خَلَقْنَا ٱلْإِنسَـٰنَ وَنَعْلَمُ مَا تُوَسْوِسُ بِهِۦ نَفْسُهُۥ ۖ وَنَحْنُ أَقْرَبُ إِلَيْهِ مِنْ حَبْلِ ٱلْوَرِيدِ ١٦

The Qur'an clearly negates likening Allah to his creation:
قال الله تعالى: لَيْسَ كمثلهِ شىءٌ وهوَ السَّميعُ البصير ُ سورة الشورى

Concerning the verse, “The day that a Shin will be laid bare,” (Quran 68:42): يَوْمَ يُكْشَفُ عَن سَاقٍۢ وَيُدْعَوْنَ إِلَى ٱلسُّجُودِ فَلَا يَسْتَطِيعُونَ

Ibn Abbas interpreted the “shin” to mean “severity.”

Commenting on this verse, Imam al Tabari said, “A group of the Prophet’s companions and their disciples, and the people of figurative interpretation have said, ‘He will uncover a severe matter.’ And among those who interpreted the shin to mean ‘severity’ from the Imams of Quranic exegesis are Mujahid, Said Bin Jubayr, Qataba and others. Allah be He exalted said, ‘And the sky we built with hands. And it is We who give expanse.’ (Quran 51:47). Ibn Abbas said concerning it: “With strength.” (Tafsir al Tabari) That is, “We built it with strength.”

Concerning the verse, “Do they but wait until Allah comes to them in the canopies of the clouds?” (Quran 2:210):
هَلْ يَنظُرُونَ إِلَّآ أَن يَأْتِيَهُمُ ٱللَّهُ فِى ظُلَلٍۢ مِّنَ ٱلْغَمَامِ وَٱلْمَلَـٰٓئِكَةُ وَقُضِىَ ٱلْأَمْرُ ۚ وَإِلَى ٱللَّهِ تُرْجَعُ ٱلْأُمُورُ

Qadi Abu Yala mentioned that Imam Ahmad ibn Hanbal commented on this passage saying that, “The meaning of it is , ‘His power and command.’ (Ibn Jawzi, Daf Shubah al Tashbih)
why is it that the Ash'aris and Maturidis(those that I've seen) always misrepresent what salafis and atharis believe?
We don't, you just don't like being refuted.

Mudug_gyal

بما يرضي الله Feminist
VIP
I had no idea most are ashari. I grew up with learning athari aqeedah. Idk enough to make a judgement.

Garaad Awal

Zubeyri, Hanafi Maturidi
I had no idea most are ashari. I grew up with learning athari aqeedah. Idk enough to make a judgement.
Significant percentage of Somalis in the Horn are now Salafi although not the majority (from my own experience in Hargeisa) despite the previous generations being Ash’ari.The Somali diaspora tends to be a lot more Salafi due to funding from the Gulf

Gacmeey

Madaxweynaha Qurbo Joogta 🇸🇴
It’s quite clear that the Atharis are the closest to the three best generations and Allah knows best

Gacmeey

Madaxweynaha Qurbo Joogta 🇸🇴
Fun fact sayidka was an ashari
Some of his points are much more athari than ashar’i especially when it comes to tawasul. The originator of tariqa the salihiya tariqa came from is also more so athari in some fundamental ways like keeping silent on things that haven’t been addressed

World

VIP
Some of his points are much more athari than ashar’i especially when it comes to tawasul. The originator of tariqa the salihiya tariqa came from is also more so athari in some fundamental ways like keeping silent on things that haven’t been addressed
Tawassul doesn’t have anything to do with Athari aqeedah, it’s a fiqh issue and you won’t find anyone that condemned it other than Ibn Taymiyyah and ibn abdul wahabb.

al-Mu'tamid المعتمد

عِشْ مَا شِئْتَ فَإِنَّكَ مَيِّتٌ
Ash’ari & Maturidi’s have always been the majority of Ahlul Sunnah. Athari were an extremely tiny minority untill Salafists powered by Saudi Oil money started promoting their creed worldwide. This is the truth
According to who? Did Saudi's also fund ibn Hanbal or ibn Taymiyyah?

Garaad Awal

Zubeyri, Hanafi Maturidi
I can give from every madhahib. But my question stands according to whom are Ash'aris the majority? Did they do a poll and ask every scholar?
It’s using common sense. Do I need to ask everyone in the world if the world is flat to come to the conclusion that the world is flat? I know logic and common sense is a difficult task for the extremist literalist cultists of MIAW

I can give from every madhahib. But my question stands according to whom are Ash'aris the majority? Did they do a poll and ask every scholar?
'Asha'irah and Maturidiyah are basically the same for all intents and purposes and collectively they form virtually the entire Sunni world.

The Najdi school started in 1700s and has found virtually no acceptance outside of some pockets of the Gulf and Western diasporas divorced from their intellectual heritage.

This is despite at least $75 billion being spent by the Saudis to ram it down people's throats: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_propagation_of_Salafism_and_Wahhabism_by_region

It's not a matter of argument literally go on Google, search for 'global Muslim population' and see the breakdown of Sunni.

Trending

Latest posts