what's your internet speed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Galaeri

USC | Ururka Bililiqada iyo Kufsiga
Screen Shot 2016-11-10 at 1.27.15 am.png

I pay for 100up/40down. I think its the router, needs to be upgraded.

Lostbox

「Immortal Sage」| Qabil-fluid
VIP
Really? What reasons could there be for my lower speeds?
Are you using wireless? You might want to use the Ethernet port on your laptop. Some have a limit on how much network speed they are willing to accept and same for smartphone . If your using Ethernet they you need to change the cable. When I first got my correct package (100 up/6 down) I used my old cable and I had the same problem as you but I can't go past 70-60 Mbps. Look up Cat5e and cat6 cable they both go up to 1000 Mbps.

View attachment 8482

I pay for 100up/40down. I think its the router, needs to be upgraded.

Mate, mine is also slow. We Aussies are behind the rest of the developed world, even behind many Asian countries when it comes to internet speed, and technology in general. Check if there's NBN in your area and go with a company that offers a NBN fiber connection for a reasonable price. There is no NBN in my suburb (thanks to the lying Turnbull. 2016 is about to end, and most of Australia is not connected to the bloody NBN), so I am on a TPG plan. It's ulimited ADSL2+ for $60 a month, and that includes the line rental as well. As soon as NBN reaches my area I'll be one of the first people to switch, as I download TV shows and movies from torrents, and I hate the long wait.

Galaeri

Mate, mine is also slow. We Aussies are behind the rest of the developed world, even behind many Asian countries when it comes to internet speed, and technology in general. Check if there's NBN in your area and go with a company that offers a NBN fiber connection for a reasonable price. There is no NBN in my suburb (thanks to the lying Turnbull. 2016 is about to end, and most of Australia is not connected to the bloody NBN), so I am on a TPG plan. It's ulimited ADSL2+ for $60 a month, and that includes the line rental as well. As soon as NBN reaches my area I'll be one of the first people to switch, as I download TV shows and movies from torrents, and I hate the long wait.

I got NBN. The greatest blessing to be bestowed on my life. It is a greater blessing than this dick lol. My internet speeds went from 2.0mbps to 60, I'm winning. Im paying for 100mbps. I tried to get that deal before I got this blessing but there was no ADSL2+ in my area. Only ADSL lol. Your on a good deal though, not bad. :ehh::ehh:

I got NBN. The greatest blessing to be bestowed on my life. It is a greater blessing than this dick lol. My internet speeds went from 2.0mbps to 60, I'm winning. Im paying for 100mbps. I tried to get that deal before I got this blessing but there was no ADSL2+ in my area. Only ADSL lol. Your on a good deal though, not bad. :ehh::ehh:

So you got the NBN? How much does your plan cost you a month? Is it limited plan, like one of those 100GB or something a month, or unlimited and you can download as much shit as you want?

The only negative about the NBN network is that the unlimited plan is extremely expensive. If I get even a 500GB per month NBN plan, I'll run out of data before the end of the month. Lol

Galaeri

So you got the NBN? How much does your plan cost you a month? Is it limited plan, like one of those 100GB or something a month, or unlimited and you can download as much shit as you want?

The only negative about the NBN network is that the unlimited plan is extremely expensive. If I get even a 500GB per month NBN plan, I'll run out of data before the end of the month. Lol

https://www.telstra.com.au/broadband/hottest-entertainment-bundle

On that deal. They are all expensive. There are probably better deals out there. Yea big data is a must. Everyone is watching TV on their laptops these days. Us Australians got it shit though, most of the internet is shit. Only new areas got fibre optic. Most of us are struggling haha.

https://www.telstra.com.au/broadband/hottest-entertainment-bundle

On that deal. They are all expensive. There are probably better deals out there. Yea big data is a must. Everyone is watching TV on their laptops these days. Us Australians got it shit though, most of the internet is shit. Only new areas got fibre optic. Most of us are struggling haha.

Hmm! I know it's Telstra, but are you sure the plan you're on is NBN? NBN (National Broadband Network) is the very fast fibre optic internet that was first proposed by Kevin Rudd, and Malcolm Turnbull promised most of Australian households will be connected to it by the end of 2016 with a fraction of the original cost, which was a big fucking lie. So it looks like you're on a regular broadband plan, as a Terabyte data + Foxtel for $100 a month seems cheap for an NBN connection from Telstra.

Galaeri

Hmm! I know it's Telstra, but are you sure the plan you're on is NBN? NBN (National Broadband Network) is the very fast fibre optic internet that was first proposed by Kevin Rudd, and Malcolm Turnbull promised most of Australian households will be connected to it by the end of 2016 with a fraction of the original cost, which was a big fucking lie. So it looks like you're on a regular broadband plan, as a Terabyte data + Foxtel for $100 a month seems cheap for an NBN connection from Telstra.

I must have linked the wrong plan bro.

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
Australians and their epically slow internet and ridiculous nanny state

:dead:

They gotta worry about nature killing them but can't get some video games

Then again, we got Trump so jokes on me

Status
Not open for further replies.