what steps can somalis take to ensure that qabiil and politics don't mix

Status
Not open for further replies.
no need to be negative somalis are obsessed with qabil cause that's all they have, give them food, and increase their literacy rates I think it would dwindle down drastically. right now all the youth in somalia just want something to follow, some join al shabaab, some their clan militias...

Trickle-down Hutunomics. :siilaanyolaugh:

Im not hawiye, as you can see in my above post I object to xamar being seen as hawiye capital.. xamar should be the capital for all somalis. and whether or not you guys want to admit it, independence is not coming anytime soon. wallahi if it was I wouldn't care, let somalia become 3 republics, but if it's not happening why stay in limbo?

and I don't care about somaliland anyways I wasn't even including you them you guys kind of injected yourselves.

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending
Im not hawiye, as you can see in my above post I object to xamar being seen as hawiye capital.. xamar should be the capital for all somalis. and whether or not you guys want to admit it, independence is not coming anytime soon. wallahi if it was I wouldn't care, let somalia become 3 republics, but if it's not happening why stay in limbo?
Which region are you from

Mike Hunt

Astra incliant sed non obligant
We Somali's have this culture of always giving elders who are not educated enough to make political decisions, the power to make decisions for a whole group.
Most of the elders making the power moves have seen the bloodshed and act out of sheer emotion instead of logic and rationality. These elders are going on to poison our youth and loot our country until it becomes a business.

I think only educated people from any qabil with a wadani mindset should only be able to take up important posts in the government.

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
Through money and indoctrination.

If you want a functioning Somalia you need visionary leaders and a source of income. If Somalia was to hit the oil jackpot, tap into our mineral reserves and take advantage of our renewable energy sources in an efficient way then distribute that money into infrastructure and education we'd be half way through. Make a national curriculum with emphasis on nationalistic indoctrination and pay the states enough so they won't rebell over that or other things. They're all greedy fucks anyway so money would rule over any moral high ground to them.

Link all the states up and make them dependent on eachother aka distributing tasks. Ban khat and put in mandatory military service for males.

Let me give you an example of the problem. The current parliament has created a petroleum resources bill so that prospecting can start. This is a good thing in general, and we need foreign investment. The problem is the sharing of any revenue among the federal states and the central government. Oil is a resource like any other, so you would expect that the federal state which finds oil gets to keep the vast majority of it. Other resources like farmland are not shared among federal states, so why should oil be shared?

You have MPs from places like Afgooye and Beledweyne arguing that Puntland must share at least 60% of any oil revenue with the central government. These same MPs would be horrified if Puntland demanded 10,000 hectares of riverfront farmland in Hiiraan and Lower Shabelle. Somalis as a people cannot share anything with those they see as outsiders, which is why "Somalia" will always remain a concept and a place on a map.

Odeg

Gedo
We have educated people in Somalia right now that support their uncles or family member to loot aid money that was meant for orphans to enrich themselves. With this mentality and morality the future is bleak.

Galaeri

USC | Ururka Bililiqada iyo Kufsiga
We Somali's have this culture of always giving elders who are not educated enough to make political decisions, the power to make decisions for a whole group.
Most of the elders making the power moves have seen the bloodshed and act out of sheer emotion instead of logic and rationality. These elders are going on to poison our youth and loot our country until it becomes a business.

I think only educated people from any qabil with a wadani mindset should only be able to take up important posts in the government.

Some of these elders are scum that are encouraging conflict and revenge killings. Only some clans choose the best person amongst to be their leader. This applies to Darood, Hawiye and Isaaq aswell, not one qabiil.

I know many are god fearing people but they need to be cast aside. The lot of them shouldn't be able to be so influential.

Mike Hunt

Astra incliant sed non obligant
Let me give you an example of the problem. The current parliament has created a petroleum resources bill so that prospecting can start. This is a good thing in general, and we need foreign investment. The problem is the sharing of any revenue among the federal states and the central government. Oil is a resource like any other, so you would expect that the federal state which finds oil gets to keep the vast majority of it. Other resources like farmland are not shared among federal states, so why should oil be shared?

You have MPs from places like Afgooye and Beledweyne arguing that Puntland must share at least 60% of any oil revenue with the central government. These same MPs would be horrified if Puntland demanded 10,000 hectares of riverfront farmland in Hiiraan and Lower Shabelle. Somalis as a people cannot share anything with those they see as outsiders, which is why "Somalia" will always remain a concept and a place on a map.

They(people controlling several Somali states) share our resources with ANYBODY ELSE except fellow Somali from other clans due to they're own personal greed or cuqdaad, how disheartening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending