What should I do with a $100,000 inheritance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Transparent

cismaan maxamuud
Invest the bulk of the inheritance and save some to pay sadaqah jariyah like building a well.Best of both worlds,literally.:dabcasar:

I am about to get $100,000 cool inheritance on my hands soon. I am thinking of putting majority of it
in a saving and investment accounts, the rest in shares. I want to make my first million before I reach

Stay away from stock markets, what you are seeing is a great bubble that will burst at any moment and returns are absolutely whack and have been for decades.

Rule of thumb, if you do not understand at least 90% of what you are investing in, and what I mean is everything, from it's very inception, growth track throughout the years and performance

DON'T invest at all, you will only loose your money as a retail trader, the professionals in hedge funds and investment banks will rob you and this is coming from someone that has worked in that industry for more then half a decade. You will never compete with them and the whole thing is rigged anyway and overvalued ridiculously.

Third or second world countries is were you will make real money, the opportunities are endless, but stick your money in an Islamic bank until you educate yourself enough, more then a decade ago, I bought several plots of land in Mogadishu and people thought I was crazy, even invested in fencing and employing a watch guard.

I sold 3/4 of them during the height of piracy when their valuations were ridiculous, with returns that boggles the mind, keep it in the bank, study and wait for the opportunities, currently there is a bubble in Somalia, it's not a good idea to start buying unless you know something.

Did you take a look at plots of lands in Berbera near the proposed UAE base ? it's probably already too late, but you never know, because Somali's are sometimes very slow to react.

Bohol

VIP
Put the whole fuckin thing in facebook shares.

The sooner you dress up your money, feed it breakfast, tie it's shoes and sent it out into the market, the sooner it will return back home plumper and heavier.

Putting all your eggs in one basket isn't a good idea. It is like betting on red or black on the roulette, it can all disappear in less than
a minute.

Waryah @Duke of Bohol

Invest in real estate. Build a couple of apartments on your land, its super cheap. Building a house in Somalia is 20k, so I think an 3 story apartment building is enough for you.

Building a house in backhome isn't worth it, at best you will get $300 rent. Even hotels and apartments don't make much unless you are
the hosting the UN like (Ambassador hotel).

Stay away from stock markets, what you are seeing is a great bubble that will burst at any moment and returns are absolutely whack and have been for decades.

Rule of thumb, if you do not understand at least 90% of what you are investing in, and what I mean is everything, from it's very inception, growth track throughout the years and performance

DON'T invest at all, you will only loose your money as a retail trader, the professionals in hedge funds and investment banks will rob you and this is coming from someone that has worked in that industry for more then half a decade. You will never compete with them and the whole thing is rigged anyway and overvalued ridiculously.

Third or second world countries is were you will make real money, the opportunities are endless, but stick your money in an Islamic bank until you educate yourself enough, more then a decade ago, I bought several plots of land in Mogadishu and people thought I was crazy, even invested in fencing and employing a watch guard.

I sold 3/4 of them during the height of piracy when their valuations were ridiculous, with returns that boggles the mind, keep it in the bank, study and wait for the opportunities, currently there is a bubble in Somalia, it's not a good idea to start buying unless you know something.

Did you take a look at plots of lands in Berbera near the proposed UAE base ? it's probably already too late, but you never know, because Somali's are sometimes very slow to react.

I agree, stock markets is like playing roulette. My grandfather had some lands in Berbera near the beach, but I personally own a land on the
Hargeisa - Berbera road area where land prices are already rising fast.

Open a school or an orphanage. Money isn't everything.

It is better to invest that money then later when it grows, spend of some it to build a water well or school or something beneficial
in your ancestral town/village which is something I intend to do in the future inshallah.

100, 000 is nothing nowadays, but you can invest them in telecom companies in Somalia. Or open exporting frozen fish company (90 millions in Egypt and 100 millions in Ethiopia) are waiting for Somali fish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending