What Is Your Opinion On Democracy By Shaykh Muqbil رحمه الله

Islam is a system, a complete system not just a "framework". It has its own political system. What you are doing is trying to adopt western systems and leave off the system Islam provides.
@AMusee @Omar del Sur
You two are either not privy as to the machination of nation state systems, or are just pulling my leg for a left-field bubble: suppose, Al xaramayn al sharifayn come under attack by a foreign force; would you use AI to pinpoint enemy positions to defend against their assault?

Last edited:
Islam itself has its own system of governance. Any other form is in direct opposition to Islam. Muslims should only support and promote the system of governance that is part of our deen. Which is the Khilafa system that implements the Shariah.

Given our current situation it is not now in place.
This does not mean you can promote foreign anti-Islam systems and try to pass it off as Islamic. Democracy is a western concept that only exists conceptually. It does not exist in reality anywhere. In reality there is an elite that truly controls things in the west and "democracy" quickly gets couped/ousted/destroyes/subverted anywhere else when it goes against said elite. That is just looking at the obvious mess that is democracy in practice. Aside from that, Islam has its own system of governance and this is well known.
Democracy is man-made imperfect system. To the best of your knowledge, in principle and spirit, considering their intrinsic attributes and inherent properties, what system of governance were the Umayah & Abbasiyah using?

@AMusee @Omar del Sur
You two are either not privy as to the machination of nation state systems, or are just pulling my leg for a left-field bubble: suppose, Al xaramayn al sharifayn come under attack by a foreign force; would you use AI to pinpoint enemy positions to defend against their assault?

are you one of those people who say "but you use cars!" if someone talks against bid'ah?

if you think using technology (such as AI or cars) contradicts being against bid'ah then you have to learn basic information about what kind of innovation is forbidden.

innovation in fields like technology is fine. the innovation that is prohibited is innovation in the dīn.

are you one of those people who say "but you use cars!" if someone talks against bid'ah?

if you think using technology (such as AI or cars) contradicts being against bid'ah then you have to learn basic information about what kind of innovation is forbidden.

innovation in fields like technology is fine. the innovation that is prohibited is innovation in the dīn.
Let us try to keep the discussion a bit more stimulating, and not debase it, shall we?

I did not want to bring up the concept of 'bid3ah', but suspectd we would end up here, yet since you did raise it, let me ask: In that spirit of using technological innovations, what is bid3ah about, contradicts, and is wrong with using an internal system of administrating sub state institutions under a Islamic system?

Under which type of bid3ah, would this fall under? What about technology?

Read along as you ruminate on 'bid3ah'.

Let us try to keep the discussion a bit more stimulating, and not debase it, shall we?

I did not want to bring up the concept of 'bid3ah', but suspectd we would end up here, yet since you did raise it, let me ask: In that spirit of using technological innovations, what is bid3ah about, contradicts, and is wrong with using an internal system of administrating sub state institutions under a Islamic system?

Under which type of bid3ah, would this fall under? What about technology?

Read along as you ruminate on 'bid3ah'.

I don't think implementing democracy is bid'ah because I don't think it is a form of worship. I brought up bid'ah because I thought that's what you were getting at with the AI question.

"and is wrong with using an internal system of administrating sub state institutions under a Islamic system?"

I don't think having a system administration is wrong. I think democracy is wrong.

Trending