What is the difference between praying in English or Arabic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry sis, but I'm including you too in that statement. You shouldn't be praying in English either. We already have our beautiful Somali language you can use. No kissing up to either arabs or caadans please.
How about you stop talking about us when you're not even fully Somali. Somalis ways pray in Arabic it's a requirement to pray it in Arabic

Anyways do what you want xaliimo since youre dead set on it anyways. At the end of the day if your intentions are to do it solely for your relationship with god to strengthen then go right ahead god is just and will judge accordingly. Your relationship with illahi is really not my concern. We will see in yawm al qiyaama anyways.

Can't believe Muslims these days laxwala Wala quta ila bilah Allah said
Indeed, We have made it an Arabic Qur'an that you might understand.
I can't believe you @xalimathe6 you're heading into a dangerous path when you start thinking you know more than everyone else Allah said
Indeed, those who inject deviation into Our verses are not concealed from Us. So, is he who is cast into the Fire better or he who comes secure on the Day of Resurrection? Do whatever you will; indeed, He is Seeing of what you do.
May Allah guide you
And if We had made it a non-Arabic Qur'an, they would have said, "Why are its verses not explained in detail [in our language]? Is it a foreign [recitation] and an Arab [messenger]?" Say, "It is, for those who believe, a guidance and cure." And those who do not believe - in their ears is deafness, and it is upon them blindness. Those are being called from a distant place.

Anyways do what you want xaliimo since youre dead set on it anyways. At the end of the day if your intentions are to do it solely for your relationship with god to strengthen then go right ahead god is just and will judge accordingly. Your relationship with illahi is really not my concern. We will see in yawm al qiyaama anyways.
Walahi it's very dangerous thing when a person starts refusing any tips and is already set on doing what he wants I don't know what is the point of this thread if she already made up her mind all we can do is make dua for her

I pray in English, considering i'm completely fluent in that language. Nowhere in the Quran does it say that we have to pray in a specific language. So why is it looked as a horrible thing to pray in a language besides Arabic, when it has the same exact meaning, and Allah understands every language?

arabic is more powerful language(spiritually).

Walahi it's very dangerous thing when a person starts refusing any tips and is already set on doing what he wants I don't know what is the point of this thread if she already made up her mind all we can do is make dua for her
Most people are like this nowadays. If someone asks something out of curiousity and actually want to know others opinions thats cool but to already have your mind dead set and then repeat the same questions that theyve already addressed? Its a waste of time. People just nit pick and leave other parts of the discussion out. Its like talking to a brick wall sometimes. I only discuss with people that are willing to listen. I listen to what they say they listen to what i say we either agree to disagree or come to a shared conclusion. Its fine to have differing opinions but to argue pointlessly is unproductive wallahi. We all know that people that come to arguments to reaffirm their beliefs have no interest in other opinions soooo its a bit pointless ngl.

I can't believe you @xalimathe6 you're heading into a dangerous path when you start thinking you know more than everyone else Allah said
Indeed, those who inject deviation into Our verses are not concealed from Us. So, is he who is cast into the Fire better or he who comes secure on the Day of Resurrection? Do whatever you will; indeed, He is Seeing of what you do.

May Allah guide you
And if We had made it a non-Arabic Qur'an, they would have said, "Why are its verses not explained in detail [in our language]? Is it a foreign [recitation] and an Arab [messenger]?" Say, "It is, for those who believe, a guidance and cure." And those who do not believe - in their ears is deafness, and it is upon them blindness. Those are being called from a distant place.

Hmm i wasnt aware of these verses:ehh: that last verse ends this discussion.

No it’s not. This is a form of Arab supremacy. Arabic is simply the language Allah chose to send his revelation in, end of.

every mystic, every Sufi, every imam, every Jew mystic knows how powerful Arabic is, Arabic and Hebrew are very, very powerful.

Hmm i wasnt aware of these verses:ehh: that last verse ends this discussion.
I mean I doubt it would change her mind but only Allah knows alxamdulilah one summer I started the Quran again after finishing it and reached half of the quran so i still remember the ayat especially in the half I revised although it was a few years ago so I forgot quite a lot

Wardheere

Qolana Janno qolana naar
What is the difference between praying in English or Arabic, and where in the Quran does it say to read it in Arabic? There's absolutely no difference if Allah understands every language. Don't quote Hadith verses to me, because I don't go against Allah's words nor do I want to kill apostates.
The messenger of Allah said "pray swalah as you see me pray swalah"

If the messenger was reading in English go ahead and pray in english and he was reading in Arabic you have to pray in Arabic with no question.

Its must for a muslim to learn the obligatory part of his religion. That includes the knowledge of the 5 pillars of islam and the 6 pillars of iman and also ihsan. The detials you can leave for the scholars.

Is like saying i want to be a doctor and then playing soccer to train as a doctor. If anything you will be a footballer and not a doctor.

Swalah and supplication is different by the way.

Hatredfree

I got boomer connections
VIP
It's chain of authenticity, the Quran is in Arabic not in English. However, I don't have problem with people praying in their language if they can master the correct way of praying but we also have to be careful because that's how fitna and new innovations can lurk into our deen. In my opinion it's best all Muslims follow same pattern of prying.

YourBroMoe

Who the fuck am I? ギくェズー
First of all, i'm not your sis so don't call me that.
Second of all, how am I going to pray in Somali when I cannot speak it fluently? And going with your logic, you are self hating since you are speaking an Cadaan language right now. Know your place and stfu.
:ehh:

YourBroMoe

Who the fuck am I? ギくェズー
This is a valid question. I don't see what the big deal is. You'll actually know what you're saying, Allah will know you're being completely sincere with your prayers. Do you really think Allah cares about the language of a prayer? Would such a perfect being care about something so trivial? Will anyone have the balls to actually consider this question?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Wardheere

Qolana Janno qolana naar

May Allah guide you

How beautiful the quran my brother. Wallahi i have never seen anything more clear and accurate.

If there was no quran in this world how dark and desserted it will be.

The all merciful has blessed us.

Hatredfree

I got boomer connections
VIP
This is a valid question. I don't see what the big deal is. You'll actually know what you're saying, Allah will know you're being completely sincere with your prayers. Do you really think Allah cares about the language of a prayer? Would such a perfect being care about something so trivial? Will anyone have the balls to actually consider this question?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Bro ur talking points are so familiar. Are you atheist by any chance?

YourBroMoe

Who the fuck am I? ギくェズー

May Allah guide you

Your point is completely invalid.

The first quote and the last quote is clearly aimed at the Arabs who were part of the Sahabah during the time of the Prophet pbuh. They speak Arabic, and as such, the verses were in Arabic as well so that the followers would understand the message clearly and without confusion.

As for the second quote, clearly it means that innovations should not be added to the Quran. A translation is not an innovation. It's simply the translation of verses. It's to add clarity. You literally just did this by translating said verses from Arabic to English.

What the hell are you on man?

YourBroMoe

Who the fuck am I? ギくェズー
Bro ur talking points are so familiar. Are you atheist by any chance?
Nope. I'll be honest, I'm not all that religious. I embrace scientific truths such as evolution, but I believe in God and think that those who don't are naive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending