What if people had to work to receive welfare?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
In europe theres many Somalis that live on benefits and welfare thats no secret and some even go to the extent of separating their wife in order to earn a bit more and some go around doing benefit frauds welfare aint that much its just better to go work youll earn alot more

Anyway I think it would be great if welfare recipients had to work to receive their check

Like community services or projects that need doing or where they should have to work a number of hours picking up litter or working in a soup kitchen instead of getting a freeride doing nothing and if you got any disability Im sure there would be some paper filing or lowkey thing to do

Bielsa

Free Wi-Fi > Free Palestine
VIP
Nah. The state would end up using them as cheap labour instead of actually hiring people. Instead of hiring street sweepers and garbage men they'd use welfare recipients and pay them welfare money which is way below the minimum wage.

It's a receipt for rampant government abuse.

First of all getting a job isn't easy, especially if you're a fifty-something-year-old who isn't fluent in English
Secondly, community service is a form of punishment in the UK justice system...So...No.
Lastly, there are tons of Somalis who work, just not your traditional view of work. Welfare gives you the bare minimum so what makes you think that it's enough for them to just be sitting around? My hooyo's friends are always selling diraacs or sewing abayas. It's about time people dead this "all u somalis ever do is sit around wif ur 34 children and wait for welfare £££"

Like, no.
That isn't the case at all.

simulacrum

Neo-Darwinist
Wallahi I saw a video where unemployed graduates in Sweden were picking up litter in order to keep getting welfare. The same thing in other Northern-European countries and in the UK. I think they are implementing this, in more countries. Like Bielsa said, it will even cause more unemployment. Because why would a company hire someone at minimum wage when they can get cheap labor from the government for free?

people on welfare for the most aren't lazy. but it depends. somalis cheat the system in many crafty ways. like in canada they live in government housing (the reason why their children are gang banging xoolo) decked to the nines as if its their house, driving the latest land rover which they financed by taking out multiple osap checks (student loans) on a school they don't go to. i grantee you I've never met a somali woman who ever NEEDED to live in a goverment house. walahi sometimes i have to respect their craftiness. funniest part is that they make these houses so pretty and smelling of uunsi just to show off to their friends who also live in goverment housing :dead:

Australia introduced 'work for the dole' and it didn't work because employers have abused the system where they have to sack genuine employees to replace them with cheap labour. The Somali problem needs deeper welfare cuts like a family will only receive 2 children for welfare, this might force parents to take the broom and sweep the streets, so it might motivate their kids to get better skills to get a job rather than becoming welfare addicts like their parents.

Transparent

cismaan maxamuud
Australia introduced 'work for the dole' and it didn't work because employers have abused the system where they have to sack genuine employees to replace them with cheap labour. The Somali problem needs deeper welfare cuts like a family will only receive 2 children for welfare, this might force parents to take the broom and sweep the streets, so it might motivate their kids to get better skills to get a job rather than becoming welfare addicts like their parents.
i was excited that there was another aussie on this forum until i found out you were gaal,war yaa ilahay yaqaan:jcoleno::jcoleno::jcoleno:
bal ya tahay niyoo and are you a melbournian or nah

Nah. The state would end up using them as cheap labour instead of actually hiring people. Instead of hiring street sweepers and garbage men they'd use welfare recipients and pay them welfare money which is way below the minimum wage.

It's a receipt for rampant government abuse.

Not surprised by your answer. Not surprised at all. s really love their caydh. :siilaanyolaugh:

Then it's people like you who wonder what went wrong with all of the degenerate youth.

Bielsa

Free Wi-Fi > Free Palestine
VIP
Not surprised by your answer. Not surprised at all. s really love their caydh. :siilaanyolaugh:

Then it's people like you who wonder what went wrong with all of the degenerate youth.

Do you disagree with it though? Companies and government will abuse this instead of actually hiring people.

Do you disagree with it though? Companies and government will abuse this instead of actually hiring people.

That is where most people here are jumping the gun. No one suggested private enterprise should benefit from this labor. Of course that would lead to widespread abuse or corruption.

But that does not mean the status quo is working. Obviously things need to change. I'm no statesmen, but there must some innovative solution wherein the government can train these people based on their individual skills and aptitudes in some sort of 'internship' position in a government department or some kind of agreement with an NGO that won't materially profit in any meaningful way from the work done.

The point of these programs should be to give people a hand-up out of poverty, not a perpetual handout that only keeps them in it.

i was excited that there was another aussie on this forum until i found out you were gaal,war yaa ilahay yaqaan:jcoleno::jcoleno::jcoleno:
bal ya tahay niyoo and are you a melbournian or nah

Hi mate, are you that dude who hangs out with the Juniad brothers in Hume Islamic Centre and calls every Muslim aqii wa uqtii? I'm a miner and live up North. Good to meet you mate. Oops, sorry for derailing the topic.

How about we completely get rid of welfare? If you don't work, you starve. If they have kids, the government takes them.

There are plenty of jobs out there but people don't want to do jobs they think are beneath them.

Transparent

cismaan maxamuud
Hi mate, are you that dude who hangs out with the Juniad brothers in Hume Islamic Centre and calls every Muslim aqii wa uqtii? I'm a miner and live up North. Good to meet you mate. Oops, sorry for derailing the topic.
hmmmmmmmmmmm
Hmmm.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending