What careers are the most common for young Somalis in the west

What career paths are the most common for young Somalis in Europe and North America after they finish university what trends have you guys noticed let’s make this a informative thread

Last edited:

seldiboy

Resident Eritrean | Ye's strongest soldier
The lads mostly go into STEM (not really medicine in my experience though) so things like engineering, computer science/IT related roles and etc.

Women tend to go into social work

I do not know what men are doing, for I hardly them at universities, besides the odd one out, but ladies are concentrated in nursing, nutrition, public health, social work etc, and of late, I have observed a trend of their branching into, or switching to Com. Sci., a more male dominated field. Good for them.

nursing and education for women

and for men its mostly STEM or criminal justice related

me personally im in the criminal justice field.

Yaraye

VIP
nursing and education for women

and for men its mostly STEM or criminal justice related

me personally im in the criminal justice field.
Criminal justice? How interesting! If I wasn’t so worried about money concerns or that fact they may not hire a jilbabi, I’d love to become a detective or FBI agent. It was one of my dream jobs

164, which country do you study in?
Canada

when it comes time for me to do the LSAT, if i score good then ill apply to american colleges since american lawyers earn a lot more than canadian lawyers

And american law firms pay crazy amounts of money. 150-200k first year if you come from a prestigious law school

Trending