What Are Your Investment Strategies

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
PPL who invest into something without a 'strategy' they are usually going in blind and can't weigh up the risk/returns of their investment and in-fact they may join any investment due to 'popularity' or where other people are going, which will cause a 'downward' pressure on that investment.

My strategy is a mix of short-long term investments, each investment must report to either my short-term goals(accumulating capital quickly, will accept a risk) or long-term goals(accumulating growth and safety).

I already do sector analysis to read up on future 'growth' predictions of each sector, I do read up on the balance sheet of each company in that sector, assess the CEO and their strategy and experience to tap into tha 'market growth' predictions, I also review their 'experience' to see if they 'tapped' into growth in their previous roles, their strategy to cut operational cost or investmens to raise up productivity and reduce costs, etc.

Please provide ur strategy to me, not your 'picks' of what's going to grow and what's not or else im not sure how u reached such conclusion without simply 'hear say' or media. This is 'money' and it's not a joke and based on what other people are doing.

I've been reading this does anyone have something similar in their country.

But what would help is 'historical' predictions spreadsheet so I can weigh up the margin of error from older predictions. Im searching online but I've had no luck.

My strategy does include to see financial advisor in the future and ask how each company they recommend will tap into the 'predicted sector growth'. The company I will select will need to prove their strategy and balance sheets over a historical period to see their margin of error so that can be accounted for in any future predictions they make.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Please if u don't have a strategy, don't respond. Im not interested in guesses or hear-say from media, as this is real money and i don't like to make decisions without 'strong' confidence. BTW, Somalia desperately needs financial advisors measuring companies and economists measuring the sectors, as those 'two' variables are critical to see what each company owns among the market share their in.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
I already know the govt direction to create more consumers is critical to all the market, not just job growth, if the unemployment is not on a downward spiral, their is no new consumption pool for companies to tap into. A-lot of new jobs go towards ppl in jobs already, why will they spend 'twice' or more on consumption doesn't sit well with me. They may 'invest' or 'save' only, so financial sectors may be the only thing to 'tap' into with those type of 'economies'. The govt stability on taxes and regulations of the sector is another factor i look into.

Last edited:

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
I look over 'small, medium, large' companies in each sector, some r small but pitbull on 'growth n hungry' for sector share, some r medium and just 'steady', some are large but may be stuck in losses due to operational costs, failed investments, taxes, regulations, too many investors sharing measly 1-10% margin, lack of productive of CEO. I will take a company growing 30-40% that is small n pitbull like over a large company that is stagnating due to high costs to run n too many investors.

So that's what I do, i don't look at each company without knowing their 'sector value' and where they sit and their past performance taking note if it's small, medium, large as they all have pros/cons

Last edited:

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Im like @Angelina we won't waste our capital from loans and invest in our own business and waste 5 years in losses or break even, wasted your time/effort too. We want to work in jobs that r high payin, relocate to poor country, put our salaries into 10% interest rate accounts so it's growing beyond inflation, get a loan and start 'passive investment' where we r not present. Me and her alot more alike then other somalis

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@Angelina also have 'charity' arm apart of ur investment strategy, as u never know when u need help from others, help ppl into scholarships(especially if their genetically gifted and have no education) those ppl will turn out to be 'revolutionaries' with education, since they had the 'creativity' to teach themselves, they will also teach themselves how to 'advance or innovate' their field, which book-smart ppl won't.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@Angelina as for long-term investment portfolio that do not give u immediate fast growth but safe n slow growth like gold/silver/copper/platinum, banking shares, real estate, recession safe companies, antiques, etc. Put this away as 'safety', do not expect large returns immediately, it will sit n grow slowly as time goes on. Plus study investors people like J.P morgan, the IBM Founder, and 'old old' company founders to learn how they 'spotted' their companies to last so long from 100-150 years ago, their still alive, they had 'wisdom', u need that 'wisdom' from them so when u invest into long-term portfolio, u know what 'strategies' they had.

I am also going to reseaerch short-term investors with the longest 'history', i'll update this thread when i spot their 'strategy' and let u know on what to look for on short-term investments with high returns over 5-10 years, u want to keep 'growth' high over these periods and then leaave n sell it off to an idiot who thinks it will continue to grow, when it has fully been 'maximised'

Last edited:

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@Angelina i wouldn't go into stock market for 'short' term strategy, u need to adopt the 'venture capitalist, silent partner, angel investor' method on small companies, the 'profit sharing' will be less people(more to go around) then stock market with millions of ppl involved which will put downward pressure on ur returns.

Stock market is perfect when u have millions sitting in long term portfolio and u start to allocate small chunks of it towards a company after u done ur homework of course.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Some of the oldest companies in the world, Im lookin for their 'strategies', their small now, but they lasted 1000 years or more, u need to account their thinking style from the ancient time n process it went thru(downward n upward) cycle when u put money towards long-term portfolio. Lots of idiots take 'forecasts' i would only take it once i know the margin of error from previous forecasts and what caused the 'error' as some variable wasn't accounted for.

But in the mean-time work get paid highest u can muster and relocate to the cheapest country on earth to keep ur expenses low n savings high, study small companies that want investors, get loan, let that work 5-10 years for u, keep doing this with other companies, untill u accumulated enuff to begin long-term portfolio purchases.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@Angelina do not consider 'growths' only, lots of companies n sectors have recessions n declines, assess their 'declines' in comparison to other companies and do sector to sector decline comparisons, u can win by ensuring ur losing the 'least' on the market cycle, if ur losing 10% while other companies r losing 40%, the market will re-adjust, to who's losing the least means their on top of the market.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
I wish I worked for Warren Buffet, that type of man u could learn a-lot of business reality not 'following online trends or where the crowd goes' it's about 'value' investment not what's 'cheap n high' but what produces your financial 'reward' goals over 'duration' of time.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
In short if your investing this is what I do know becuz I can see it in my 'vision' photo-graphic style of vision.

1. Annual reports on their balance sheet. Their debts whether capital investment their pursuing or loan repayments plus their ongoing costs(wages, taxes, energy, rent, equipments) vs revenue and the 'difference' between their outgoing expenses vs incoming revenue stream and how it's shared out. Always refer to their historical books to see how accurate it was to their 'actuals' and the margin of 'error' for each year, u will use this margin of error when they give u predictions.

2. CEO. This absolute critical. What their direction is to cut costs or to expand market share in their sector. Evaluate their performance in previous roles and how they turned it around. The other area to look 4 is 'productivity' levels, u want to maximize the value of the 'expenses' or else ur losing 'money' in costs.

3. Sector analysis. U need to know where ur company sits in market share, if it's small-medium-large player in the sector as each have pros/cons. U need 'GDP' data on sector 'growth/declines' and what the CEO is doing to capture it or reduce the losses to itself and let other companies feel it more. As buffet said, when u do sector analysis 'review' all the players, their some pitbulls in there with high growth and excellent ceo n high productivity compared to large players with high costs, low productivity, and small growth and everything in between.

4. Stock valuation I don't know how to do this and will study buffet model as Im strong believer in 'value' principle. I could've of bought a cheap car but I didn't, I chose the best value car and it's still holding me over, that's the difference between cheap n value investment mind-set. But u also need to know the stock isn't overpriced either.

5. Defensive assets is mandatory. U need to invest in recession proof businesses-banking-diamonds-gold-metals-antiques, their not quick earners but defensive assets to use when all the others fail, plus they have the longest survival rate in terms of assets plus govt 'protects' a-lot of defensive assets.

6. U need short term investments outside the 'stock market', this is the road that u will use to come to the stock market with 'millions stored', as the stock market is pointless for anything less. U need to find solo run companies who need investors and build up capital. This stage of your development is 'wealth creation' so you need to balance n accept risk. Always store your investment returns in 'high interest rate' return accounts of 10% a year so your beatin inflation.

7. Long term investments portfolio a mix of defensive ones and properties(rental income) and safe n good yield stocks(20% growth). Equity sometimes is needed rather then 'cash return', u need to analyse the company to see if 'equity' or a 'share' of it is better then cash returns each year. Im studying to see when to spot 'equity' method but it will fall under long-term portfolio.

Who-ever has the 'fuel' n strong will but lacks 'visioning', their is your strategy to 'richness' plus generational wealth.

I hope u Pray 4 me that god gives me a 'strong will' to execute my strategy, cuz I can 'vision' things in 'photographic' and how it works.

Last edited:

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
The reason I am suggesting u guys follow warren buffet is when I found out about his 'value' based views. Value is the most critical component in not just investing but everything in life. U want to drive the highest possible value even for yourself as a person.

Value however isn't a hard science but more so an 'art', u need to figure out based on your strategy and goals for your investment year, yes I say year or watever period of time u will use to review if u achieved ur goals and combine that with sector analysis, company analysis, ceo analysis, general productivity levels(some companies forget that and their expenses r high but labor, process, systems ROI is low) vs the stock price n the company balance sheets.

That's the other thing he didn't mention, u need to know what u 'want' from every fiscal year that u invest guided by the data on that sector u studied and their potential growth vs historical predictions vs margin of error, u need to know what u want in terms of the company growth, becuz this will effect ur 'returns' or 'equity'.

Oh im still studying the 'strategies' of company founders n investors that existed for centuries in america or mellenias in other countries, this is an important knowledge to have especially for your long term portfolio choices of companies when u see the same 'traits' appearing, cuz ultimately u want ur investments to last as long as they did.

Last edited:

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
I think with stock valuation u will need to know buffet model but I suspect his is purely 'hard' figure to figure not taking into account a holistic approach, holistic I mean include the strategy points i listed into evaluation(balance book, productivity, ceo strategy, sector analysis of other companies, market share growth, decline minimization tactics, margin of error based on predictions done previously and the difference)

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
While u guys are at it before u begin ur investment journey. Find all successful companies(long duration with strong market share and low expenses) find out in each 'sector' the players involved small-medium-large, u will start to see what's the 'important pillar' in good companies.

Do the same with 'failed' companies, repeat the process n find out the 'bad pillars' now youre 'equipped' when u start 'judging' companies on what to look 4, wat to stay away from, plus once u add my holistic strategy points, you should win.

Most financial advisors are worthless according to buffet, u can seek their advic but hope to god he has a 'track record' and only use him as 'one point' of data not your 'complete' data, if u put your whole money behind one 'guy' forecast, that is unwise.

Hilmaam

Sound mind sound body
VIP
Waste of time for average person to buy and study stocks, that is message Warren Buffet and his mentor wanted to convey in their books.

Buy index funds average person nor most fund manager can even beat it. Below story is 1 million dollar beat he made for hedge fund managers to beat index fund and they couldn’t do it. No matter how much you study stocks a lot can happen you can’t foresee

Last edited:

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Waste of time for average person to buy and study stocks, that is message Warren Buffet and his mentor wanted to convey in their books.

Buy index funds average person nor most fund manager can even beat it. Below story is 1 million dollar beat he made for hedge fund managers to beat index fund and they couldn’t do it. No matter how much you study stocks a lot can happen you can’t foresee

Index fund is setting a 'mark' and scanning sectors and putting fund into it, U won't get rich that way, it's ok for long-term slow growth tho. Trust me u need to study stock market. Their cud be an index with lower return, but one or two companies owning large growth which index won't pick up on.

Trending