West African Christian man verbally attacks Somali woman for wearing niqab

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hubble

VIP
This man acted like pig, let's not forget who's in the wrong. All she did was wear a niqab and for as long as its legal we should protect her right to wear it.

See there's a reason older Somali women don't wear the niqab and it's because of these new age doctrines that tell women they should stay invisible. Sweden hasn't banned it and they probably won't but they should. And Islam has nothing to do with the Somali dhaqn our culture is not synonymous with our religion. Who said anything about assimilation? I'm not opposing the abaya nor the hijab, those attires are both very islamic and I understand and respect women that choose to wear them and practice their religion. I'm not under the impression that these women have been forced, some may have been others have probably been influenced by whabbai and salafi preachers. Niqab is not apart of Islam. Covering yourself from top to toe only leaving your eyes open do restrict your full capacity to integrate. Yes Somalis have a lot of other problem but we're not discussing them here are we?

Where's your proof that niqaab is an innovation and not from Islam?

Niqaab existed way before wahhabism and salafis. Do you know the Prophet's wives wore niqaab? What do you say about that? It isn't compulsory but you certainly can't claim it isn't Islamic.

Naaya Barni cut the crap, it not compulsory for muslim women to wear the Niqab so your argument is mute. Cadaan walk around semi-naked so a muslim girl can wear the Niqab if she wishes. Niqabs are not for everyone and few muslim wear them in the west. only Wahabiis make the Niqab compulsory, most muslim see it has Sunna not faraad.

So you are condoning that man's action but judging her reaction?

People like him need to be put in their place.
When did I condon his action? If I was there I'd diffently do something about him but I saw you guys discussing niqabis and I added my opinion about them

When did I condon his action? If I was there I'd diffently do something about him but I saw you guys discussing niqabis and I added my opinion about them

Your comment implies that. She wouldn't have a need to judge him, although I prefer to say 'call him out' if he didn't judge her and act so flippant in front of his children.

What would you have done?

Your comment implies that. She wouldn't have a need to judge him, although I prefer to say 'call him out' if he didn't judge her and act so flippant in front of his children.

What would you have done?
When you said she wouldn't waste time judging me what did you mean?

BebsiBolice

Suicidal men adore me.
Where's your proof that niqaab is an innovation and not from Islam?

Niqaab existed way before wahhabism and salafis. Do you know the Prophet's wives wore niqaab? What do you say about that? It isn't compulsory but you certainly can't claim it isn't Islamic.

Maybe the Prohets wives wore it because of cultural reason? After all it is a pagan attire.

Salih

Move right or get left
Naaya Barni cut the crap, it not compulsory for muslim women to wear the Niqab so your argument is mute. Cadaan walk around semi-naked so a muslim girl can wear the Niqab if she wishes. Niqabs are not for everyone and few muslim wear them in the west. only Wahabiis make the Niqab compulsory, most muslim see it has Sunna not faraad.
It's a fard in the Shafi'i madhhab, the madhhab that majority of the Somalis follow. This is a Somali forum.
:obama:

Salih

Move right or get left
Maybe the Prohets wives wore it because of cultural reason? After all it is a pagan attire.
Nope. The Prophet (SAW)'s wives did not wear the hijab prior to the revelation of the verses mandating hijab.

It was narrated from Safiyyah bint Shaybah that ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) used to say: When these words were revealed – “and to draw their veils all over Juyoobihinna (i.e. their bodies, faces, necks and bosoms)” – they took their izaars (a kind of garment) and tore them from the edges and covered their faces with them.

Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 4481. The following version was narrated by Abu Dawood (4102):

BebsiBolice

Suicidal men adore me.
That hadith changes every time. I swear there's one out there which doesn't say face.

That's what I said before. You can't count on Hadiths anymore when whabbai and salafi sheiks will change them depending on their own views. Some will even write their own.

Baraf

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
I think a lot of diiferent culture woman cover ther faces for example I've heard that in the early to late 1700s Russian woman would wear Burka like attire, however this changed during Russification aka Westernification, I remember this from my secondary textbook so ain't nothing I researched.

Hubble

VIP
That's what I said before. You can't count on Hadiths anymore when whabbai and salafi sheiks will change them depending on their own views. Some will even write their own.

The Prophet's wives are different any way and different things were expected of them.

BebsiBolice

Suicidal men adore me.
No, they didn't. Do you think they'd follow cultural practices over what the Quran and Sunnah instruct with the prophet in their midst?

People have been wearing the niqab or something very similar to it way before Islam. I don't believe it has anything to do with religion it's more of a cultural attire that started in the middle east and for some strange reason found it's way to Islam thanks to radical men.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending