Warfare In Somalia

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Darod clans the best strength u have in warfare is when it's open battlefield in the desert, all your history, gabays, and information can be gathered from such type of warfare for u to succeed. U need to know the strength of your culture and environment, this is what shapes you, but if u don't collect data on history to get an accurate picture of how u can succeed in conventional warfare, then it's pointless you keep repeating wars in urban areas. Your not an urban clan, you don't understand urban warfare, heck even the urban guys don't understand this type of warfare who lived in urban areas for centuries like the west and it's problem with the urbanized iraqis and syrians.

This is a different type of warfare and we have no data to reflect on from history and analyze besides 1991 which is why my father spends so much time reflecting on this type of warfare since he said 'waa wax nagu cusub'. He said even SSDF knew to take Siyad war to 'baadiyo' and in the desert in open warfare cause he knew that's where the strength of Darod as a whole lies. That's why they don't fight in cities he said Darod, they accept defeat if they lose the 'conventional war' outside the town and they allow the person who won come and take over which happens constantly in kismaayo. He said my father I am not worried about that warfare cause he can sit and gather gabays and historical information how to ensure our success. He said our key weakness has and will always been urban warfare, fighting in the city, killing civilians, etc. This not something we are used to. We are used to two clans armed up fighting outside in the desert. You find this sort of historical information even in new york post between sayid and boqor osman. They knew where the war had to happen. Even darod wars are similar today he said, they take it outside the city. Once u win outside conventionally, u walk in as conquerer.

He said 91 was unique to us. Aideed brought the war to the CITY, darod were absolutely shocked and he said aideed was brilliant strategist knowing darod weakness is the city. So my dad provided information to majerten at the time, keep the dagaal in 'miyiga' meel banan ah tarikh kuma gabo HG meel conventional warfare. He said walk into the town and commit genocide 'strategically' wiil kasto guska ha laga goyo HG si ay uu ciribtirman oo aysan carur kale noogu dhalin. My father said they refused his advice back in those day saying 'dagaal waa in xal laga gaadha' ma aha in malin walbo laysku turturo. Anyways pharoah tried that option with bani israel killing all babies born and apparently got CURSED FOR IT. But at least he tried, he wanted to reach a military solution not just kill people and their kids take their place 20 years later. U have not achieved anything militarily.

So Darod need to rank up and push outside galgalduud haday somalinimo dhab ka tahay according to my father and that little miyi population of HG is over and he will interact into the city. But don't bother fighting them on urban warfare, this is what their strength is. They developed it for 30 years because they know Somalis will not respond well to this new type of technique.

My dad said Somalis dont want political solution mana raba xal ciidan markay maxay raban? if we take out HG miyi ranks, because they use them to terrorize the urban areas of the south, the war in the south is over, waxaa isku soo harayo dadyow civilian ah and their level of warfare is CRIMINAL at best like committing a crime not WARFARE

My dad is adamant darod intay somalinimo ilalinayan iyo intay is oranayan yaan drastic solution la samaynin ayaan ku wada dhiman doona qurbaha. My dad he went to hamar in late 90s to learn from this new style of warfare, meel hikmad iga soo kordhi karo weeye, he doesnt bother going now, but he is adamant he knows HG tactics and how to eliminate it.

That's why my father was adamant in saying osman mahmoud never allow wax hikmad cusub timi inay ka faqato. He said he spent time in hamar after 97 to check it out, he said look at that maxkamad guy who died in PL. He said osman mahmoud lead because they are always ensuring to add more knowledge to the beesha.

My dad said nebiga waagi yahuda ay qiyamayeen he only killed 15 year olds and above. He said isagu wuxu xeerinaya 'rajo' mustaqbal yahudi. Pharoah didn't bother with that, he eliminated the baby males si aysan uu soo bixin beeshasi mustaqbalka. All u have left then is the adult males and u begin the battle with the last generation of that clan lineage.

Last edited:

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
My dad said to older majerten waagi hore do not bother having allies with ARABS, they do not like darod inay somali ka taliso. Remember Egypt naming two Hawiye presidents, qatar and turkey always supporting Hawiye? this is for historical reasons. Darod are not prepared to join anyone war be it west/russia/arab if it hasn't got a 'somali component' to it. We never sent majerten to fight for italy against the allies at the time even though we were allies, we had different agreement similar to the OMANI agreement to maintain our independence, we are not seeking to become an empire or anything nor are we seeking to help you become one.

We always used Yemeni soldiers to assist us in our plans in hobyo sultanates. We use them sxb, they don't like that. While at the same time we are not prepared to die for their wars. We are not like Isaaq that was running around Europe joining the british and dying for them. We never send a single majerten to die in the european wars in favor of italy. We are not like Hawiye who needs a colony to rule them ottomans/turks/qatar/etc. We have different histories in Somalia just becauuse we look the same, speak the same, doesn't change our histories. So Darod are not an ally for us. Our best ally for PL wud be China we have a similar philosophy.

All those Somalis they use in yemen war now is most likely southerners. They are possible to do such thing or maybe Isaaq since they have a history to help others wars. But PL strictly speaking wants an OMAN model, u see Oman, a sovereign state with no interference of other nation problems. Only hawiye and isaaq are foot soldiers, you aint talking no mj for that shit. We use tigray to fight for us in Somalia but they know niin majerten inu ethiopia tigray uu dhinto wa habeenki xalay tagay lol.

We have to keep the arab and turk influence down or have different deal with South Somalia with a PL separate autonomous state that isn't involved with arabs or turk agenda. Since our culture is about GOBANIMO INDEPENDENCE, HADI GOBANIMADA PUNTLAND WAX LA YEELO U WILL SEE A BIG PROBLEM NOT LIKE HAWIYE OO MALIN WALBO LA DHUL MARAYO IYO ISAAQ EUROPE UU DHIMANAYO.

Stick with the Saudi and West and Dubai as Puntlanders. They are your friends since they wont touch our gobanimo philosophy. Qatar/turkey/russia are not our friends yes the belt to road initiative might create a new world order but it isn't a world order that will be in your FAVOR as Puntlanders. They want to add somalia as peacekeepers for africa maybe PL can join that. But not active warfare one side and another, we never did such things in our history in global stage. We should really use Oman as our guiding principle because that is how PL wud be most happiest.

If this isn't achieved PL waxaa ku haboon dal gooni ah for historical reasons and South ha iska raceen meesha dagaal loo dirayo mustaqbalka since they dont understand foreign policy, tarikhdasi malaha. They will be like Isaaq oo aan fahmi jirin waxani oo europe maydkisa taalo. Its because naftu waa boqol geel, thats 100k in today financial term in our old xeer. So they use to value life im not sure about other somali xeer will be interesting to see what their worth. Since the civil war I think it's hovering around 50 geels for a life. It depends on the person quality I think also. But 100 geel was standard in the past. Life is cheaper nowadays cause of the civil war.

Last edited:

Trending

Latest posts