Usain Bolt in shock A-League (Australian League) move - report

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eight-time Olympic gold medallist Usain Bolt is said to be making a shock move to the A-League in a bid to realise his dream of playing professional football.

ImageResizer.ashx

News Corp is reporting that the retired sprinter is headed to the Central Coast Mariners where he'll undertake a six-week trial that could lead to a season-long signing.

If so, it's a more modest destination to his much-publicised ambition of playing for iconic English side, Manchester United.

The cash-strapped Mariners collected the wooden spoon in last season's campaign and have been rebuilding under new coach Mike Mulvey.

On Monday they announced that former right hand man to Sir Alex Ferguson at United, Mike Phelan, has been appointed as their new Sporting Director.

Once the fastest man on the planet, the 31-year-old Bolt played for Norwegian side Stromsgodset in a friendly against Norway's U19s earlier in this year.

In June he featured in an exhibition football match between France's 1998 World Cup team and a FIFA 98 that included former international players. He has also played in Soccer Aid for UNICEF 2018 - a match between England and The Rest of the World at Old Trafford.

But his post-athletics dreams have not been confined to football. In the past the Jamaican has expressed interest in playing pro basketball and in cricket's Big Bash League.

https://www.fourfourtwo.com.au/news/usain-bolt-in-shock-a-league-move---report-498398

It's not shocking he wanted to play football for a long time too bad he's old and he sucks now he can never be a professional

I use to think my mom was tripping about the evil eye.

But lately I have been understanding it more.

Stop being a dick
I'm only saying the truth he started to play football professionally recently the guy is 31 and he only has the speed no finish no skills no first touch nothing. good for him for perusing his dreams even though he will suck

Last edited:
I'm only saying the truth he started to play football professionally recently the guy is 31 and he only has the speed no finish no skills no first touch nothing. good for him for perusing his dreams even though he will suck

guv

Sxb, he is well aware of his advanced age and the hurdles ahead of him, therefore, he is not looking for fame or making millions of dollars out of football, the man thinks that he is talented enough to enjoy playing in a great league like the A-League. If it materialises, we will welcome him with open arms to Aussie football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending