US issues Ethiopian travel alert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apollo

VIP
These travel alerts are bullshit. Somalia has been on it for decades, yet it is perfectly safe to visit.

BebsiBolice

Suicidal men adore me.
These travel alerts are bullshit. Somalia has been on it for decades, yet it is perfectly safe to visit.

Somalia is not perfectly fine to visit. Some regions are safer than some. I think it's interesting there's a travel alert on Ethiopia. I want it to escalate but only if the oromos and amxaaro will seek refuge in Sudan.

No it's not. There are clan battles in Somaliland and Puntland. There was one just this month in Sool. Al Shabab also controls 1/4 or so of the country and they strike cities and towns that are not under their control frequently

Apollo

VIP
Somalia is fine to visit. Especially for non-white people.

Latin America is a lot more dangerous when it comes to crime and street murders, yet most of those countries aren't on state travel alerts. I call bullshit on these things.

BebsiBolice

Suicidal men adore me.
Somalia is fine to visit. Especially for non-white people.

Latin America is a lot more dangerous when it comes to crime and street murders, yet most of those countries aren't on state travel alerts. I call bullshit on these things.

I'll have to agree with Some LA countries being incredibly unsafe.

This is great news. But the protest need to be like syria's to be usefull. These lot think they can do what ghandi did

Somalia is not perfectly fine to visit. Some regions are safer than some. I think it's interesting there's a travel alert on Ethiopia. I want it to escalate but only if the oromos and amxaaro will seek refuge in Sudan.

Completely agree.

BebsiBolice

Suicidal men adore me.
This is great news. But the protest need to be like syria's to be usefull. These lot think they can do what ghandi did

Completely agree.

The Arab spring started peacefully and look what happened. I don't care about Ethiopia but I care about the consequences that Somalia will face. If Ogaden breaks away and forms a country best believe we will have war probably in Jubba. The there will be war within Ogaden borders... Then Oromos coming to Somalia. Just think about it.

Sorry to say but the tigrey regime will not relinguish power without a fight. Its not a democracy where you have elections and referendums. Marka we just have waited it out, then carry out forceful deportations against the ethiopian qaxooti.

The Arab spring started peacefully and look what happened. I don't care about Ethiopia but I care about the consequences that Somalia will face. If Ogaden breaks away and forms a country best believe we will have war probably in Jubba. The there will be war within Ogaden borders... Then Oromos coming to Somalia. Just think about it.

We can refugees camps at the borders of Somalia like the way Jordan & Kenya did.

we don't have the functioning institutions.

Or even the money for them, the government can hardly pay the wages of its employees and even our IDP need housing. Imagine we have like 1 million internal display people in Mogadishu who live in camps. The only solution is rejection of Ethiopian refugees. Sudan & Kenya can offord them.

Sxbyall we could play the role kenya is playing dadhaab. Basically tell the UN we got refugess and we got enough money.

waraabe

Your superior
Ethiopian refugees are welcome to Somaliland. We won't forget how they allowed our refugees to their country in 1988

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
Sorry to say but the tigrey regime will not relinguish power without a fight. Its not a democracy where you have elections and referendums. Marka we just have waited it out, then carry out forceful deportations against the ethiopian qaxooti.

We don't want them to go out without a catastrophic fight that ushers in total balkanization.

Somalia had a totally fight and even tho we're divided by clan borders full balkanization hasn't taken place yet

Because we share one language, one religion, tribes that intermarriage, one ethnic group so it was difficult to Balkanization of Somalia. Even today the southern live in north till Zelia.
On other hand, Ethiopia is like 80 tribes, 4 religions, different ethnic groups, languages and population over 90 millions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts