US Africa Command says Galkayo airstrike lawful & appropriate, DID NOT kill gov troops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duchess

HRH Duchess of Puntland, The Viscount of Garoowe
VIP
On September 28, U.S. forces conducted a self-defense strike in Galcayo, Somalia, in support of a partner force, an element of the Puntland Security Forces (PSF), conducting counter-terrorism operations.

A group of armed fighters attacked a PSF-led patrol in early daylight. PSF forces returned fire in self-defense, but were unable to subdue the attack or withdraw without suffering casualties. At the request of PSF forces and based on their own assessment of the situation, U.S. forces conducted a strike to neutralize the threat to the PSF element, killing 10 armed fighters and wounding 3 others.

On October 4, U.S. Africa Command directed that an assessment be conducted to review the circumstances surrounding the strike and to evaluate if there were any civilian casualties as a result. The assessment reached the following conclusions:

- Sufficient evidence was presented to conclude no civilian casualties were caused by the September 28 strike.

- The armed fighters who attacked the PSF patrol at the time were believe to be part of al-Shabaab, but with further review it was determined they were local militia forces.

- U.S. forces lawfully and appropriately used force to defend the PSF element in response to the attack by the local militia forces against that U.S.-partner force.
No U.S. forces were killed or injured as a result of this incident.

It is important to note that the United States is working with the government of Somalia, and our AMISOM partners, to counter the terrorist group al-Shabaab. This is a group that has killed and terrorized civilians, police, and military units across Somalia and its neighboring countries.

http://www.africom.mil/media-room/p...ommand-completes-assessment-on-galcayo-strike

This is an official press release. No one bought the SNA and Galmudug's lies. No apology will be issued.

Galaeri

USC | Ururka Bililiqada iyo Kufsiga
As I have said multiple times, the Galmudug clan militias should have not been there. They have no mandate there and anything that happens to them is their own fault. They have no right to cry foul, even if it was a foreign nation that should not be interfering in this civil war is bombing them.

It is a joke that this even became a scandal imho. How can anyone sympathize for miltias that got bombed when they were pursuing their own expansionist interests by constantly perpetuating war?

Duchess

VIP
As I have said multiple times, the Galmudug clan militias should have not been there. They have no mandate there and anything that happens to them is their own fault. They have no right to cry foul, even if it was a foreign nation that should not be interfering in this civil war is bombing them.

It is a joke that this even became a scandal imho. How can anyone sympathize for miltias that got bombed when they were pursuing their own expansionist interests by constantly perpetuating war?

What civil war? The Puntland Security Force's were conducting a counter terrorism operation based on US intel when they were fired upon by this clan militia. They had no affiliation to any government forces, they were moryaan. The US refused to buy the lies of the Somali National Army and Galmudug because a terrorist by any other name is still a terrorist. Their deaths were lawful and appropriate.

This press release is almost a month old but for some reason @Discontinous didn't post it because it didn't fit his narrative of Galmudug troops being killed or Puntland "tricking" the US or the airstrike being used as a smoke screen to settle clan scores.:kodaksmiley:

Galaeri

What civil war? The Puntland Security Force's were conducting a counter terrorism operation based on US intel when they were fired upon by this clan militia. They have no affiliation to any government forces and the US refused to buy the lies of the Somali National Army and Galmudug. A terrorist by any other name is still a terrorist. Their deaths were lawful and appropriate.

When I said civil war I was talking about Galmudug militias that keep attacking Puntland like a bunch of wildlings. Every few months they start a new conflict.

No "mandate" to be in our own land?
:what1:

Are you trolling or really this dumb?
:camby:

If the US bombed Garowe, am I right to say PL shouldn't have been there?
:comeon:

Duchess

VIP
When I said civil war I was talking about Galmudug militias that keep attacking Puntland like a bunch of wildlings. Every few months they start a new conflict.

Don't buy the Galnus narrative. They weren't government troops.

Duchess

VIP

No one is buying your lies. No blood money, no apology, no acknowledgment the dead were anything more than drugged up members of a clan militia.

Galaeri

Don't quote me. I want nothing to do with terrorist sympathisers thank you very much. Just the other day you were praising the 'ahlu sunnah' terrorist group.

@Boqor Geeljire252 weren't you the one who said the US would pay blood money?

You can't fool America, they are the same people who armed, trained and equipped those soldiers.
They already paid compensation to the families during the meeting in Xalane and sent the injured lions to Saudi Arabia for treatment.

Here they are promising to train a special Galmudug Force
Safiirka Mareykanka ayaa sheegay in Galmudug ay kala shaqeynayaan arrimaha amniga, dhowaan ay saldhig ka furan doonaan deegaanada Galmudug, si ay ciidamada Galmudug ugu tababaraan una taageeraan.
safiir-guled.jpg

I can see why you are desperate :ileycry:

No one is buying your lies. No blood money, no apology, no acknowledgment the dead were anything more than drugged up members of a clan militia.

Here is their commander, Cabdi Yuusuf Baadaco, who sent them to Jeexdiin speaking about them
We have their names, ranks and qabiil, they were part of SNA 21st division.

Duchess

VIP
This is an official press release that refutes everything you've just said. The US refused to issue an apology and furthermore stated their killings were "lawful and appropriate" but you want us to believe they paid compensation on the low because they fear your clan? Based on what, one picture that looks like a groupie hoe with her favorite artist?:chrisfreshhah:

Go collect your baqti and take this L with you. No one is buying your cheap propaganda. :camby:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts