UN Security Council: "Security Resources needed to fight Al Shabab are being misused for Political Rivalries"

This is why Somalia fails in the fight against Al-shabab. All the resources meant to fight against al-shabab and help the poor are used for political reasons. All the money intended for the Baledweyne flooding victims either went to undermine Somalilad or Blackie in Jubbaland. "Some people" are trying to settle old scores. I grantee you one day all the donors will be like F*ck this and leave Somalia for good. This will lead to Somalia getting annexed by both Ethiopia and Kenya.

This is why Somalia fails in the fight against Al-shabab. All the resources meant to fight against al-shabab and help the poor are used for political reasons. All the money intended for the Baledweyne flooding victims either went to undermine Somalilad or Blackie in Jubbaland. "Some people" are trying to settle old scores. I grantee you one day all the donors will be like F*ck this and leave Somalia for good. This will lead to Somalia getting annexed by both Ethiopia and Kenya.

You have to think at what point does the world get tired of providing copious aid and support to this country.

You have to think at what point does the world get tired of providing aid and support to this country.

Enough is enough man this is ludicrous. It has been 30+ years with no end in sight and what they call the federal government is still confined to just few blocks of Muqdisho. I give them before 2030 and that is it.

The aid they give is nothing. Literal breadcrumbs.

2006-2018 The US provided 3 Billion USD in just humanitarian aid, this is not including security and other things. That's just the US
Screenshot_20200521-223326_Chrome.jpg

2006-2018 The US provided 3 Billion USD in just humanitarian aid, this is not including security and other things. That's just the US
View attachment 119352
That’s crumbs. 3 billon for a whole nation since 06. That’s practically 200 million a year. There’s athletes that come close to that money. Let’s say adding in the rest it’s 500 million a year which I doubt. That’s still crumbs.

That’s crumbs. 3 billon for a whole nation since 06. That’s practically 200 million a year. There’s athletes that come close to that money. Let’s say adding in the rest it’s 500 million a year which I doubt. That’s still crumbs.

That's just the USA aid to Somalia:icon lol:

Besides that's not the point. There should be some tangible results. When you have no government institutions built after all that money is thrown at you the question is where did it go and why. That's what the UN security council is starting to realize

View attachment 119352
That includes your region of Somalia, Somaliland. In fact I saw a UN report that shows it received the most aid in Somalia.

Quite delusional posts.

F23178E9-20B9-41A0-BB44-81235F907AFE.jpeg

Forever citing aid as if it isn’t about the entire country and not just the FG, which then also distributed it to the entire country including SL.

That's just the USA aid to Somalia:icon lol:

Besides that's not the point. There should be some tangible results. When you have no government institutions built after all that money is thrown at you the question is where did it go and why. That's what the UN security council is starting to realize
No what they always knew is he’s power hungry.

Back to the money, it’s breadcrumbs and nothing can be done with it. A nation needs few billion a year to see tangible results.

View attachment 119352

Most of that money doesn't reach the government, it goes through a long chain of NGOs and charities who are the ones that provide humanitarian assistance. The scraps that do reach the government is then fought over by corrupt politicians.

Both the politicians and these middlemen are to blame becuase they've found the status quo profitable

That includes your region of Somalia, Somaliland. In fact I saw a UN report that shows it received the most aid in Somalia.

Quite delusional posts.

View attachment 119356

Forever citing aid as if it isn’t about the entire country and not just the FG, which then also distributed it to the entire country including SL.

Look at the N&N bot. No one mentioned SL, so stop with your inferiority complex and discuss the issue that the UN Security council brought forward.

Quite delusional posts.

View attachment 119356

Somaliland gets primarily development aid not humanitarian aid.

There's a difference between providing aid to develop a state vs providing aid JUST for a state to exist/survive and even in Somaliland's case, they are a WHOLE "Country" getting as much state aid as different Somalia states.

Look at the N&N bot. No one mentioned SL, so stop with your inferiority complex and discuss the issue that the UN Security council brought forward.
Lmao, bot bc I called you out on your BS? You were citing aid as if it’s not about the entire country when statistics show your region Somaliland received the most. So why calacaal about aid?

Trending

Latest posts