Thoughts on Hargeisa and elections

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hemaal

Jet life till my next life
VIP
It's my second day in Hargeisa and basically hargeisa has become divided out of the 6 districts, 3 of them have become a Waddani strongholds. Any vehicles with Kulmiye stickers are not allowed and vice versa in the other districts.

Qabyaalad is at all time high, it's like hell about to break lose any moment. Passing by the new hargeisa Police station, there were three women locked who are allegedly Kulmiye members and were caught exchanging voter cards with Rice/Pasta for the poor families in Waddani strongholds. About 60 cards were confiscated and they've been sentenced to 6 - 3 years plus fines.

Allow nabad ku dhamee. :wowsweat:

Tjioux

the pussy is never yours, its just your turn.
It's my second day in Hargeisa and basically hargeisa has become divided out of the 6 districts, 3 of them have become a Waddani strongholds. Any vehicles with Kulmiye stickers are not allowed and vice versa in the other districts.

Qabyaalad is at all time high, it's like hell about to break lose any moment. Passing by the new hargeisa Police station, there were three women locked who are allegedly Kulmiye members and were caught exchanging voter cards with Rice/Pasta for the poor families in Waddani strongholds. About 60 cards were confiscated and they've been sentenced to 6 - 3 years plus fines.

Allow nabad ku dhamee. :wowsweat:
They all need some milk to calm down

Thanks for the insight.

Since it's virtually impossible to duplicate voter cards as they're tied to biometric data, these criminals took advantage of poor families by exchanging foodstuffs for voter cards.
Thankfully, the police stepped in and took a tough stance on this shameless act.

As a maturing democracy, it's guaranteed that shit like this will take place from time to time, but what sets SL apart from other developing democracies in Africa is the steadfastness to crackdown on these desperate attempts, as well as the maturity of the electorate and the defeated to uphold peace and respect the result post-election (just look at Kenya).

I do hope foreign observers and the NEC take note of Kulmiye's shenanigans (whether they were done independently or were supported directly by the party itself).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts