The results of nationalism vs tribalism: With and without unity

Rwanda was a country suffering from genocide and ethnic divisions, now there doing way better than Somalis who are so fixated over qabiil divisions. Also when you look at Muslim countries like Malaysia, Indonesia and the Gulf countries, it just puts us to shame.

Rwanda:

View attachment 116314

Malaysia:

View attachment 116317

Indonesia:

View attachment 116318
Somalia is a colonial created country, unity existed during the 60s and 70s until it was destroyed and buried in the 90s. It's hopeful to believe things will return to normal but there are too many issues inside the country. Rwanda is divided between Tutsi and Hutu, we're arguably worse when the division goes much further.

Rwanda's civil war was between the Tutsi and **** groups so it's not difficult to reconcile between 2 groups. Somalia's tribal hatred is far too complicated to reconcile.

The best example Somalia should follow is Singapore. President and MP'S hired on the basis of IQ examination. Some dude from my area was a cab driver and left his struggling family and is now in government - what a joke
The Hutu and Tutsi's are different ethnic groups and Somalis are the same ethnic group, there's no comparison there. Even Ethiopia is more stable than Somalia despite it having 80 something ethnic groups. We should just admit that tribalism destroyed this country/ethnic group.

The **** and Tutsi's are different ethnic groups and Somalis are the same ethnic group, there's no comparison there. Even Ethiopia is more stable than Somalia despite it having 80 something ethnic groups. We should just admit that tribalism destroyed this country/ethnic group.

No. We do have a government but it is dysfunctional and corrupt. reconciliation is not needed as 30 years have passed. The people of Somaliland voted to succeed from Somalia but the SNM wanted to continue with Somalia.

I think we should balkanise as our country formed in 1960 is gone.

Why do people talk about rwanda like it’s some sort of success story. The tutsis have been ruling by dictatorship for over 25 year. They’ve killed 6 million hutus in Rwanda and eastern Congo as revenge. Rwanda has roughly the same population and GDP as somalia. A few pictures of the city centre of kigali that was paid for with foreign debt can’t paper over the cracks.

It’s like folks that show videos of Italian infrastructure in Mogadishu and act like Somalia was a first world country under barre.

Som

VIP
qabilists are the main reason why somalia is the laughing stock of the world.
Rwanda is a good example of what unity can do, they litteraly massacred each other and now after 25 years they have normal functioning country and the cleanest capital city in Africa

Yahya

2020 GRANDMASTER
VIP
So much wrong with this post, it was nationalism that killed thousands where was the oil then?
Don't be ignorant. Our ppl clung to their tribalism even during nationalism. The turkish are nationalistic, Iranians are nationalistic, Americans are nationalistic. We were just held together by uneducated leaders that couldn't handle they lost a stupid war. All of them in that generation contributed to the collapse of the state.

Nationalism didn't cause the useless war and eventual tribalist mesh that followed. It was the work of ignorant men.

:gucciwhat: :camby:

Yahya

2020 GRANDMASTER
VIP
qabilists are the main reason why somalia is the laughing stock of the world.
Rwanda is a good example of what unity can do, they litteraly massacred each other and now after 25 years they have normal functioning country and the cleanest capital city in Africa
We have to convince the locals back home. Education and private sector wealth and jobs can change their minds. The sick qabilist diaspora should just stay in the west and die out.

We don't need any negative ppl.

:susp:

Tucking_Fypo

سلطنة مجرتين
VIP
Can't even agree on a example of unity yet some want us to share a country that utterly failed, I'll take my home with me the ones whos homes don't function is not my problem.

Don't be ignorant. Our ppl clung to their tribalism even during nationalism. The turkish are nationalistic, Iranians are nationalistic, Americans are nationalistic. We were just held together by uneducated leaders that couldn't handle they lost a stupid war. All of them in that generation contributed to the collapse of the state.

Nationalism didn't cause the useless war and eventual tribalist mesh that followed. It was the work of ignorant men.

:gucciwhat: :camby:
Puntland regions suffered from the catastrophic war by Siad barre followed up by massacres, poisoning and rape. Yes, they should totally have stayed obedient and silent to tyranny. Turks, Iranians and others share one thing they were already united by different empires that ruled their land and the fact that you mention Americans just show how clueless you really are.

It was not the educated leaders that mostly destroyed the country but most of Somalias population then and still now were rural people. Not even the Italians could tame some regions from nomads, what chance did a communist fake nationalist leader have?

Yahya

2020 GRANDMASTER
VIP
Puntland regions suffered from the catastrophic war by Siad barre followed up by massacres, poisoning and rape. Yes, they should totally have stayed obedient and silent to tyranny. Turks, Iranians and others share one thing they were already united by different empires that ruled their land and the fact that you mention Americans just show how clueless you really are.

It was not the educated leaders that mostly destroyed the country but most of Somalias population then and still now were rural people. Not even the Italians could tame some regions from nomads, what chance did a communist fake nationalist leader have?
I won't argue with you and yes many suffered under the tyranny of the old regime, since dying regimes do tend to cling onto power. Everyone has their own victim story and no one wants to take their blame for the civil war and move on so we are stuck in this eternal dance of famines, droughts and tribal wars while enemies encroach on our territory.

None of that is relevant now. If you could secede and get support from the west you would have done that years ago. Lets face it my friend they prefer us at each others throats, we do the job for them.

:manny:

Yusuf M

PuntExit
Somalia has never had nationalists, never has and never will. What it has had are people who are tribalists but hide it behind nationalism.

Manafesto

[[Puntland Republic 🇸🇱]]PIM[[C.S(BihinYusuf)]
VIP
HalimoEnthusiast
I don't know why Somalis always blame tribalism for our failure, it had nothing to do with our short comings, there is many countries in the world who still use tribalism and still are developed and thriving, what failed Somalia was corrupt leaders and foreign influence, stop blaming everything on tribalism, it didn't cause the civil war, it was the bad polices by our leaders and foreigners interfering in our domestic affairs.

I don't know why Somalis always blame tribalism for our failure, it had nothing to do with our short comings, there is many countries in the world who still use tribalism and still are developed and thriving, what failed Somalia was corrupt leaders and foreign influence, stop blaming everything on tribalism, it didn't cause the civil war, it was the bad polices by our leaders and foreigners interfering in our domestic affairs.

Blame the Low IQ

Yonis

Puntland Youth Organiser
FKD Visionary
VIP
Saudi Arabia is a shithole - i went there for hajj last year - the streets of medina literally smell of xaar no kidding

I won't argue with you and yes many suffered under the tyranny of the old regime, since dying regimes do tend to cling onto power. Everyone has their own victim story and no one wants to take their blame for the civil war and move on so we are stuck in this eternal dance of famines, droughts and tribal wars while enemies encroach on our territory.

None of that is relevant now. If you could secede and get support from the west you would have done that years ago. Lets face it my friend they prefer us at each others throats, we do the job for them.

:manny:
Im afraid we will be stuck in this miserable situation for another 2 decades, Somalia has been a failed state longer than it was a functioning state.