The need for Somaliweyn, through the case of Jordan

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, quite the opposite. It means non-Daroods run their own affairs for the most part. It's very democratic and not a top-down system like it is now.

When the federal states are divided along clan lines it is. It's tribal gerrymandering. Darood occupy the largest territories, but their population is lower than Hawiye and certainly lower than Dir if you add Isaaq. But they will end up with more Parliamentary seats and overrepresentation due to federal hickery-pokery.

Gambar

VIP
When the federal states are divided along clan lines it is. It's tribal gerrymandering. Darood occupy the largest territories, but their population is lower than Hawiye and certainly lower than Dir if you add Isaaq. But they will end up with more Parliamentary seats and overrepresentation due to federal hickery-pokery.

What makes you say Hawiye are bigger than Darood? Are Ajuraan, Sheikhaal, etc. Hawiye? What makes you say Dir are bigger than Darood? Ogaden have a lot of land and they're the most populous Darood subclan.

Bohol

VIP
@Prince Abubu It is called politics. The Hawiye also want to create their third federal state (Benadir). They have Hiirshabeele and
Galmudug. Keep in mind Hawiye territory inside Somalia is not that larger than Isaaqs.

Wallahi somali people are stupid. How can people after 20 years of war, clan war still think the solution to the problem is still fight each other over qabil. Qabil talk should in no way be mixed with real politic. Qabil talk should be a private matter. Its stupid how somalis prioritize qabil over country.

@Prince Abubu It is called politics. The Hawiye also want to create their third federal state (Benadir). They have Hiirshabeele and
Galmudug. Keep in mind Hawiye territory inside Somalia is not that larger than Isaaqs.

Because they have a huge population. They also occupy most of the important regions. They live in the Somali equivalent of the UK Thames Valley/London region. London should not be held as equal to Newport. That is what federalism is about. It is corruption, not politics. What's wrong with one man/one vote?

mrlog

VIP
Wallahi somali people are stupid. How can people after 20 years of war, clan war still think the solution to the problem is still fight each other over qabil. Qabil talk should in no way be mixed with real politic. Qabil talk should be a private matter. Its stupid how somalis prioritize qabil over country.

Huuno cida aad tahay cadeey.
Only laangaabs think qabiil is wack

Bohol

VIP
Because they have a huge population. They also occupy most of the important regions. They live in the Somali equivalent of the UK Thames Valley/London region. London should not be held as equal to Newport. That is what federalism is about. It is corruption, not politics. What's wrong with one man/one vote?

It is their luck then. Nothing wrong with one man one vote, that is where Somalia is headed.

What makes you say Hawiye are bigger than Darood? Are Ajuraan, Sheikhaal, etc. Hawiye? What makes you say Dir are bigger than Darood? Ogaden have a lot of land and they're the most populous Darood subclan.

Dir are mostly in the south. They are the 4rth largest tribe in Somalia after Hawiye, Darood and Isaaq. Since Somalis like to put Isaaq in Dir, that would make Isaaq/Dir the largest or second largest Somali clan. There is no doubt Hawiye is the largest Somali clan. If you want to poke holes in Hawiye abtirsi, I can do the same for Darood.

The Federalism should be substituted with an unitary state. Where the goverment chooses which powers states has. Federalism is divides the country to small parts governed by qabils. Where they compete and fight each other. How on earth is that acceptable?

Gambar

VIP
Dir are mostly in the south. They are the 4rth largest tribe in Somalia after Hawiye, Darood and Isaaq. Since Somalis like to put Isaaq in Dir, that would make Isaaq/Dir the largest or second largest Somali clan. There is no doubt Hawiye is the largest Somali clan. If you want to poke holes in Hawiye abtirsi, I can do the same for Darood.

Hawiye could very well be the majority but where are you getting your numbers?

Hawiye could very well be the majority but where are you getting your numbers?

From old qabiil statistics from colonial times, Kacaan times and just common sense. Tribes in southern Somalia will have a higher population due to being sedentary farmers. I also think Rahanweyn are underestimated out of qabyaalad. I wouldn't be surprised if they have a bigger population than most clans.

Gambar

VIP
From old qabiil statistics from colonial times, Kacaan times and just common sense. Tribes in southern Somalia will have a higher population due to being sedentary farmers. I also think Rahanweyn are underestimated out of qabyaalad. I wouldn't be surprised if they have a bigger population than most clans.

One clan for sure is Madowweyne/Somali Bantu since they haven't lost as many lives during the war and haven't been killing the shit out of each other. They don't die, they multiply. I don't know about Rahanweyne since they had to arm themselves as the RRA. Nobody knows the actual numbers of qabiils, and it doesn't mean much. Look at Ogaden, they're in between two enemies and the most populous Darood subclan. It means f*ck all.

One clan for sure is Madowweyne/Somali Bantu since they haven't lost as many lives during the war and haven't been killing the shit out of each other. They don't die, they multiply. I don't know about Rahanweyne since they had to arm themselves as the RRA. Nobody knows the actual numbers of qabiils, and it doesn't mean much. Look at Ogaden, they're in between two enemies and the most populous Darood subclan. It means f*ck all.

Are they cockroaches?:icon lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts