The Harari language

Status
Not open for further replies.
And Arabic and Hebrew sound nothing like each other. Sounding 'semitic'≠sounding Arabic, there is no benchmark for what sounds Semitic.

Actually, Arabic and proper Hebrew (pronounced and enunciated properly) sound very much alike. The same is for Aramaic, it sounds like a mix of Hebrew and Arabic.

South Semitic languages like in Yemen sound like semitic and Cushitic mixed together.

Ethiopic Semitic sound far too different and diverged from other Semitic languages. This might be due to distance in geography and time from the rest of Semitic. It might also be because of a heavy influence of Agew, Afar/Saho and Beja.

I've noticed even among xabashi languages there's differences. An Eritrean sounds harsher and more gutteral due to the influence of harsh Afar and Beja. While an Amharic sounds more lilting and musical due to Agew, Sidama and Oromo influences.

But that's just my Suugo-science take on things.

Actually, Arabic and proper Hebrew (pronounced and enunciated properly) sound very much alike. The same is for Aramaic, it sounds like a mix of Hebrew and Arabic.

South Semitic languages like in Yemen sound like semitic and Cushitic mixed together.

Ethiopic Semitic sound far too different and diverged from other Semitic languages. This might be due to distance in geography and time from the rest of Semitic. It might also be because of a heavy influence of Agew, Afar/Saho and Beja.

I've noticed even among xabashi languages there's differences. An Eritrean sounds harsher and more gutteral due to the influence of harsh Afar and Beja. While an Amharic sounds more lilting and musical due to Agew, Sidama and Oromo influences.

But that's just my Suugo-science take on things.
But that isn't how Hebrew is pronounced now, and not all of it's olds sounds were identical to Arabic. And depending on where the Hebrew speaker is from, even today they all pronounce different letters differently.

And guttural due to the influence of Afar and Beja? What do you mean??? There are guttural sounds in Tigrinya, whereas Amharic lost these sounds over time and lost most of the Ge'ez soundset.

What is suugo-science:gucciwhat:, is it basically opinion?:icon lol:

Mr adari we as somalis appreciate you sharing the language you guys speak but one quick off topic question: what do you think about the oromos swallowing your only settlement :bell:

But that isn't how Hebrew is pronounced now, and not all of it's olds sounds were identical to Arabic. And depending on where the Hebrew speaker is from, even today they all pronounce different letters differently.

Yeah, if you want to be exact then Hebrew spoken today is like a white person trying to speak Somali - It's awful. Hebrew is actually part of Canaanite and is most closely related to Phoenician and Punic but today it's closes relatives are Aramaic and Arabic.

And guttural due to the influence of Afar and Beja? What do you mean??? There are guttural sounds in Tigrinya, whereas Amharic lost these sounds over time and lost most of the Ge'ez soundset.

And Amharic lost it due to extensive contact with central and lowland Cushitic languages. I don't know much about Ethiopian languages, so if Ge'ez had gutteral sounds then I'll take your word for it.

What is suugo-science:gucciwhat:, is it basically opinion?:icon lol:

Suugo-science is an educated (although not always) opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending