The British/Italian should've given haile selassie all of somalia

Completely agree, somalis would have united against them and we would see the second coming of Imam Ahmed. They are the historical enemy which gives people more fire to fight. We did not unite against white colonials because they were technologically superior. Not the same with xabash.
Unfortunately the victory would have come with great cost but I would be happy.

And then what?

You may unite against an enemy for that honourable challenge, but that would probably quickly dissipate as soon as that enemy departs; I'm speaking from experience, walaal

Last edited:
I know coming from a person whose family has been destroyed by Amhara nationalists/ Tigrayan nationalists, you wouldn't think I would be saying this, but I solely believe all the problems Somalis are facing right now would've vanished. I say this to say that I wouldn't wish any harm done to my people, but there is something to be said, that the people who have the strongest identity are those who have suffered the worst the world has to offer. I have been reading a lot by one of my heroes, Theodor Herzle, who talks about how the spread of anti- semetic rhetoric is positive, as it provides the framework for social cohesion amongst the Jews. Is it wrong to say that the reason why China has the strongest ethnic nationalistism (Han) has to do with the tragic tale of invasions by different world powers from its past? You can even examine the current world as countries who have suffered greatly at the hands of soviets view Russia in the same lens as they do with the soviets. The invasion of Ukraine has strengthened the poles, Georgians and many other Baltic people has the stories told by their grandparents coming to fruition. One has to be conquered to be the conqueror, that is the story of empires, that is the story of human history. Food for thought.
Ethiopia is in a crisis
In 20 years it’s gonna be a fail state

Completely agree, somalis would have united against them and we would see the second coming of Imam Ahmed. They are the historical enemy which gives people more fire to fight. We did not unite against white colonials because they were technologically superior. Not the same with xabash.
Unfortunately the victory would have come with great cost but I would be happy.
No u wrong look now Ethiopia and kenya have somali ppl lands and and somali ppl arent uniting against ethiopian amd kenya rather i think some somali tht live kenya and Ethiopia want to be under colonisers and i think dont want to unite with others somali ppl but i think all of somali ppl arent like tht in kenya and ethiopian
Somali ppl all over the world should condem kenya and ethiopian cus they took and occuping somali lands colonising somali ppl still to this day

@Nilotic

Somalis almost conquered Ethiopia back in the nineteen seventies, super powers like the Soviet Union had to come to save them from us.. As a result of this we then went into a long and hopeless civil war.. In another world/scenario Somalia would've been doing much better today.
Europeans/Westerners have always favored Abyssinians smh :farmajoyaab:

I know coming from a person whose family has been destroyed by Amhara nationalists/ Tigrayan nationalists, you wouldn't think I would be saying this, but I solely believe all the problems Somalis are facing right now would've vanished. I say this to say that I wouldn't wish any harm done to my people, but there is something to be said, that the people who have the strongest identity are those who have suffered the worst the world has to offer. I have been reading a lot by one of my heroes, Theodor Herzle, who talks about how the spread of anti- semetic rhetoric is positive, as it provides the framework for social cohesion amongst the Jews. Is it wrong to say that the reason why China has the strongest ethnic nationalistism (Han) has to do with the tragic tale of invasions by different world powers from its past? You can even examine the current world as countries who have suffered greatly at the hands of soviets view Russia in the same lens as they do with the soviets. The invasion of Ukraine has strengthened the poles, Georgians and many other Baltic people has the stories told by their grandparents coming to fruition. One has to be conquered to be the conqueror, that is the story of empires, that is the story of human history. Food for thought.
Somalis are too corrupt and lack the work effort to be superpowers, just struggling isn’t enough.

Trending