textile factory in Balcad preserved since 1991

Built in 1966 during Aden cadde’s goverment. Was the only factory in the country preserved by youngster locals since the civil war who are now old men and is somewhat functioning

Last edited:
During its heyday. This factory in Balcad is the only surviving one out of the 36 functioning factories pre 1991. Locals prevented it from looting. Reer mataan did a good job for this i must say

Last edited:

Hilmaam

Sound mind sound body
VIP
Citizens proved good owners they deserve investment and factory at full capacity for providing security and law and order all these years.

do you know if enough cotton is still grown to run factory again?

Citizens proved good owners they deserve investment and factory at full capacity for providing security and law and order all these years.

do you know if enough cotton is still grown to run factory again?
Minister Fiqi speaks on it and mentions plans to reopen it. I’m not too sure of cotton production within the country I’m afraid. Somalia needs more investments in factories to promote economic growth

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Interesting. In PL many things were preserved like Somali electricity company and grid ENEE in Qardho and Bosaso. Damn HG looting, my ayeeyo who is abgaal and they killed her un-armed imam father over 'aarsi' would say 'geed salkisa dhintay oo mira lahayn ma cafiyan HG'. They don't leave shacab un-armed alone, unique dhaqan outside all human dhaqan on rule of engagement. My ayeeyo father was just wadaad teaching diinta, when abgaal n hg had a war(fair style two armed groups) and they lost and then they did an 'aarsi' on him he was UN-ARMED.

Last edited:
Interesting. In PL many things were preserved like Somali electricity company and grid ENEE in Qardho and Bosaso. Damn HG looting, my ayeeyo who is abgaal and they killed her un-armed imam father over 'aarsi' would say 'geed salkisa dhintay oo mira lahayn ma cafiyan HG'. They don't leave shacab un-armed alone, unique dhaqan outside all human dhaqan on rule of engagement. My ayeeyo father was just wadaad teaching diinta, when abgaal n hg had a war(fair style two armed groups) and they lost and then they did an 'aarsi' on him he was UN-ARMED.
Stop diverting every topic back to hg/hawiye. It’s a bit boring now

Emir of Zayla

𝕹𝖆𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓 𝖔𝖋 𝕻𝖔𝖊𝖙𝖘
We should bring back The Hafun salt factories which were once the biggest in the world.