Sudan Conflict Updates: Army vs RSF

The Chadian President is half Zaghawa himself but I think he lowkey fears the Baggara Arabs

I'm not ruling that out, but I think his actions have more to do with the fact that the UAE has bribed him and his regime; the UAE gave Chad a $1.5 billion loan recently.

Garaad Awal

Zubeyri, Hanafi Maturidi
I'm not ruling that out, but I think his actions have more to do with the fact that the UAE has bribed him and his regime; the UAE gave Chad a $1.5 billion loan recently.
His father was killed recently (2022?)by rebels and his rule isn’t consolidated I think you need to take that into account as well

wallahi ethiopia is the mother of evils

Why Ethiopia and Uganda meeting with this illiterate murderous thug ?? Are they calling for a unity govt to be formed in Sudan where the Janjaweed isn't dissolved or disarmed?? this won't be acceptable unless the thugs surrender

seldiboy

Resident Eritrean | Ye's strongest soldier
Why Ethiopia and Uganda meeting with this illiterate murderous thug ?? Are they calling for a unity govt to be formed in Sudan where the Janjaweed isn't dissolved or disarmed?? this won't be acceptable unless the thugs surrender
Another UAE allied govt in the region is in their interests

What happens if RSF wins and take over Sudan do they arm other Baggara’s and destabilize Nigeria, Niger, Cameroon, CAR?

That's not happening anytime soon, saaxib. War is an attritional based marathon; and it usually favours the side that can replenish losses and grind it out.

reer

VIP
That's not happening anytime soon, saaxib. War is an attritional based marathon; and it usually favours the side that can replenish losses and grind it out.
yes. but remember the rsf are way more battle hardened compared to the sudanese elites who control the saf. and they arent some ragtag militia they are estimated to be 100k. and they have almost unlimited money. sudanese elites and saf werent getting their hands dirty like the rsf.

yes. but remember the rsf are way more battle hardened compared to the sudanese elites who control the saf. and they arent some ragtag militia they are estimated to be 100k. and they have almost unlimited money. sudanese elites and saf werent getting their hands dirty like the rsf.

That's all true, however, a drawn out conflict is never good for the side that has a smaller population with which to draw upon; I am certain that the RSF thought that this was going to be concluded rather quickly -- presumably after Burhan had been killed or captured.

The RSF were permitted to strategically position tens of thousands of their troops in Khartoum-Omdurman, so they never had to fight their way to the capital; all of this happened because they were permitted to control lucrative gold mines (worth billions of dollars) in both Darfur and the Northern States...

..The RSF had been permitted to initiate, negotiate and conduct their own obscenely lucrative foreign adventures; and these wars turned them into a formidable fighting force.

The RSF now has to capture the bulk of the population centres and deprive Burhan the opportunity to effectively mobilise any further; and has to ensure that the SAF is not afforded the breathing room to truly train their forces and learn from their mistakes.

reer

VIP
That's all true, however, a drawn out conflict is never good for the side that has a smaller population with which to draw upon; I am certain that the RSF thought that this was going to be concluded rather quickly -- presumably after Burhan had been killed or captured.

The RSF were permitted to strategically position tens of thousands of their troops in Khartoum-Omdurman, so they never had to fight their way to the capital; all of this happened because they were permitted to control lucrative gold mines (worth billions of dollars) in both Darfur and the Northern States...

..The RSF had been permitted to initiate, negotiate and conduct their own obscenely lucrative foreign adventures; and these wars turned them into a formidable fighting force.

The RSF now has to capture the bulk of the population centres and deprive Burhan the opportunity to effectively mobilise any further; and has to ensure that the SAF is not afforded the breathing room to truly train their forces and learn from their mistakes.
good point. example is assad would have lost a war of attrition if not for russian iranian and lebanese shia support.

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
My disappointment is immeasurable. The genocidal Hemedetti visisted the Kigali Genodice memorial.

1704570147371.png

1704570163209.png

reer

VIP
if the saf dont control population centers they might lose. rsf are fighting in khartoum omdurman and control swathes lands.

@Nilotic @reer if the RSF ever does conquer Sudan, it's own forces will eat itself from within unless they have a new mission and loot to plunder, RSF is a machine, it has to keep going or it risks collapsing on itself so what happens if RSF takes control of Sudan do they have regional ambitions spanning from Sudan to, Chad, Niger, Mali?

@Nilotic @reer if the RSF ever does conquer Sudan, it's own forces will eat itself from within unless they have a new mission and loot to plunder, RSF is a machine, it has to keep going or it risks collapsing on itself so what happens if RSF takes control of Sudan do they have regional ambitions spanning from Sudan to, Chad, Niger, Mali?

The RSF can probably do a great deal of damage in Chad, however, Niger and Mali would likely resist a little more effectively.

The RSF isn't likely to win anytime soon, so I think talk of regional ambitions are a bit premature, especially since the population centres in the North and East are still under SAF control.

Nations around the region would more than likely decide to create an alliance to counter a prospective RSF threat if the SAF should fail.

Yusuf Abdi Ali Rashid

King of Prussia
The RSF can probably do a great deal of damage in Chad, however, Niger and Mali would likely resist a little more effectively.

The RSF isn't likely to win anytime soon, so I think talk of regional ambitions are a bit premature, especially since the population centres in the North and East are still under SAF control.

Nations around the region would more than likely decide to create an alliance to counter a prospective RSF threat if the SAF should fail.
How do the Zaghawa come into play, I heard they form the bulk of the Chadian elite? Why isn't Chad acting on the behalf of Zaghawa's in Sudan?

Trending