Somalis Filming Clan Clashes on TikTok

I've been noticing something disturbing on TikTok lately. Somalis are filming their clan clashes and posting them online.

Just today, I came across a video where a man was mocked and a woman told him to say his last words before execution. It's beyond disturbing it's inhumane.

It seems like tribalism is only getting worse with social media. The new generation appears to be more tribalistic than the older generation.

I think social media is unleashing cruelty and psychopathy in everyone and it's giving certain Somalis an outlet. I don't remember it being this bad. The need to put people's worst moments on camera as an act of humiliation. Exposing them at their lowest. Harrassing them. Slandering them. Spreading fitna on every conceivable platform - a humiliating video on tiktok is then put on facebook and twitter to spread. Trolling and incels. Useless qabyalaad content with insane degrading material.

I sometimes wonder if the war, trauma, the endless dysfunction and lack of power and regulation in Somalia and the diaspora unleashed this behavior. They could be the nicest people in real life, they get on the internet and they're bahal. No moderation and anonymous accounts is the reason for this. The interesting thing I learned is that facebook is the only social media app that has Somali language moderators which is probably why it's calmer. Tiktok and twitter do not.

I thought they had already banned it. If we continue on this trajectory, it won't be long until we see mutilated corpses and girls getting raped on Telegram.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I think social media is unleashing cruelty and psychopathy in everyone and it's giving certain Somalis an outlet. I don't remember it being this bad. The need to put people's worst moments on camera as an act of humiliation. Exposing them at their lowest. Harrassing them. Slandering them. Spreading fitna on every conceivable platform - a humiliating video on tiktok is then put on facebook and twitter to spread. Trolling and incels. Useless qabyalaad content with insane degrading material.

I sometimes wonder if the war, trauma, the endless dysfunction and lack of power and regulation in Somalia and the diaspora unleashed this behavior. They could be the nicest people in real life, they get on the internet and they're bahal. No moderation and anonymous accounts is the reason for this. The interesting thing I learned is that facebook is the only social media app that has Somali language moderators which is probably why it's calmer. Tiktok and twitter do not.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Another problem we face is that we provide a platform for the worst individuals in our society. The more outrageous a Somali person behaves, the more subscribers they garner on platforms like TikTok and YouTube. It's a detrimental cycle.

Garaad Awal

Zubeyri, Hanafi Maturidi
The z**malis all over the Horn are doomed. Those who live there should try there best to tahriib from their countries to greener pastures

Latest posts