Somalis and white Americans, who is more compassionate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is classic so called ''social experiment'' video driven by Anti-Immigrant white right wingers to force feed negative potrayal of muslims and create a righteous civilized, kind potrayal of themselves. It self-serving thing usually filled with actors. This is meant to suit an agenda more than what the raw footage suggests.

At best what it is anecdotal and very misleading. Also edited in a way that fit their narrative. They probably edited out like a dozen of full of Somalis who contradicted them and left behind lots of other stuff.

Heck I can shoot a demeaning video like that of cadaan people and call it ''social experiment'' and have people fall flat for it.

Hubble

VIP
This is classic so called ''social experiment'' video driven by Anti-Immigrant white right wingers to force feed negative potrayal of muslims and create a righteous civilized, kind potrayal of themselves. It self-serving thing usually filled with actors. This is meant to suit an agenda more than what the raw footage suggests.

At best what it is anecdotal and very misleading. Also edited in a way that fit their narrative. They probably edited out like a dozen of full of Somalis who contradicted them and left behind lots of other stuff.

Heck I can shoot a demeaning video like that of cadaan people and call it ''social experiment'' and have people fall flat for it.

It was shot by Somalis and the presenter's niece was the actor alongside his brother and his friend.

Hubble

VIP
Makes no difference if it was shoot by Somalis or not. These social experiment videos work in the same way,

It was a simple day in the park, no gimmicks. They would've shown the positive and made it about how heroic Somalis are.

It was a simple day in the park, no gimmicks. They would've shown the positive and made it about how heroic Somalis are.

Ask yourself why show this at all? Are they suicidal or something? ''Somali haters'' will have a field day with this. All we get is negative misleading/misrepresentative potrayals , i dont know why this is a perfect idea to add to it. Especially with that embarassing documentary about ''Dixon'' that was recently made.

Seems like everyone wants to hop on this trend of dehumanizing Somalis and profit from it. We will just gladly contribute to it.

Hubble

VIP
Ask yourself why show this at all? Are they suicidal or something? ''Somali haters'' will have a field day with this. All we get is negative misleading/misrepresentative potrayals , i dont know why this is a perfect idea to add to it. Especially with that embarassing documentary about ''Dixon'' that was recently made.

Seems like everyone wants to hop on this trend of dehumanizing Somalis and profit from it. We will just gladly contribute to it.

I don't agree at all with the Dixon documentary which showed wannabe rappers speaking tough guy slang and were then portrayed as hardened criminals for it. I see your point regarding the trend this clip is feeding into, but I think they were trying to bring Somalis closer through it. I think those same people would have helped the girl if she was a non Somali.

McD30

Bored to death
White Americans are more compassionate. Somalis are compassionate to others but not to each other. They are very malicious to their own people.

I don't agree at all with the Dixon documentary which showed wannabe rappers speaking tough guy slang and were then portrayed as hardened criminals for it. I see your point regarding the trend this clip is feeding into, but I think they were trying to bring Somalis closer through it. I think those same people would have helped the girl if she was a non Somali.

I think DaalsorNews is a good one. If they show something negative or a social issue they do it in a hollistic balanced way. They also add alot of refreshing postitive stuff that humanizes the average Somali to counter balance the negative.

These videos like the one up above are usually only made for the ratings.

Status
Not open for further replies.