Somalia to possibly build a new capital

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Shamis

Weird, its like they want to suggest a second capital using Egypt as an example but they don't know how to write such an article. Its got suspect sources and it also says that we've been fighting Kabaab for 24 years. Someone obviously wants to erase the history of the qabiil wars.

Apollo

VIP
@Amun

I don't agree with Baidoa being the new capital location. I would rather it be build from scratch the same as Abuja.

What about a few miles outside of Baidoa, but still close to it?

The Bay province of Somalia has the most rainfall and is green year round. Also, it's not near the Ethiopian border or on the coast. It's a very good location for a capital.

What about a few miles outside of Baidoa, but still close to it?

The Bay province of Somalia has the most rainfall and is green year round. Also, it's not near the Ethiopian border or on the coast. It's a very good location for a capital.

I believe it would be more ideal for a central location where North and South can be close to the Capital. The Bay province should be a heavily agriculture area with less urbanization.

Apollo

VIP
I believe it would be more ideal for a central location where North and South can be close to the Capital. The Bay province should be a heavily agriculture area with less urbanization.

Mudug and Galgaduud have shit climates, very dry and arid. Not a great place to build a capital for all of Somalia.

Mudug and Galgaduud have shit climates, very dry and arid. Not a great place to build a capital for all of Somalia.

Well, I don't think a capital needs to be a big city though. It's just a place where government works.

Mogadishu would still be the commercial city where all Somalis come together.

Even a wealthy county like the US only has one capital, so why does a poor country like Somalia need 2?

Where would you get the financial resources to hire thousands of government workers who would be doing the same job as the other government workers in other places?

Why would you want to spend ur tax money on something stupid like that.

Every Somali State has a capital city, they should invest in that.

Even a wealthy county like the US only has one capital, so why does a poor country like Somalia need 2?

Where would you get the financial resources to hire thousands of government workers who would be doing the same job as the other government workers in other places?

Why would you want to spend ur tax money on something stupid like that.

Every Somali State has a capital city, they should invest in that.
Nah, Mogadishu is just a bad place and not a strategic place for being a capital for Somalia in the near future. It's wise and better for the capital to be located in the center of the country, somewhere in central region of Somalia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending