Somalia Admitted into EAC

Hilmaam

Sound mind sound body
VIP
This will be great for Somali investors in East Africa.

I'm looking into buying up agricultural land in Kenya and Tanzania ๐Ÿ‘€
This is what I am most curious about. In the past Kenya had law that foreigners could only own land for 99 years max. A lot of Somalis have contracts like this even when building hotels and spending millions. They still see it as good investment and getting all their money back and then some but sucks that eventually next generations wonโ€™t be able to pass down that real estate hopefully this changes that

Ximan iyo Xadeed

Sanaag
VIP
This is what I am most curious about. In the past Kenya had law that foreigners could only own land for 99 years max. A lot of Somalis have contracts like this even when building hotels and spending millions. They still see it as good investment and getting all their money back and then some but sucks that eventually next generations wonโ€™t be able to pass down that real estate hopefully this changes that
in Kenya your land is leased basically you're a tenant and the state being the landlord.

Hilmaam

Sound mind sound body
VIP
Probably not,
Otherwise the Congo would be empty right about now lol
I doubt other regions moving to Somalia. Not enough jobs and security for the move. I think itโ€™s more likely Somaliโ€™s move abroad for more opportunities funded by diaspora money. Thanks to remittance many Somalis with family abroad have more opportunities and purchasing power than many other Africans .

Bazed

Tired.
VIP
For some this is the end of the world while others are over the moon. Personally I'll reserve judgment but I do hope that we can leave whenever or negotiate the best deal for us.

reer

VIP
So does this mean they could exploit our natural resources if given a permit? E.g drill oil etc
signing a an agreement with freedom of movement with your occupier. hawiye elites on a crusade against somali sovereignty.

34-Figure1.1-1.png

Last edited:

Internet Nomad

๐‘ฎ๐’๐’๐’† ๐’‡๐’๐’“ ๐’ˆ๐’“๐’†๐’†๐’๐’†๐’“ ๐’‘๐’‚๐’”๐’•๐’–๐’“๐’†๐’”
VIP

Trending

Latest posts