Somali women, SJW, BLM feminist says we were enslaved by Arabs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending
I've seen her twitter account before

The typical SJW, we wuz slaves rhetoric

She's probably trying to fit in with the AAs and trying to copy the struggles of people who've been through slavery. I find it disrespectful to the actual victims

She should be grateful that we actually didn't go through that

There's an abundance of verifiable information on the history of Somalia/Somalis and yet this retard thinks she can distort our history. Fail.
:stopit::snoop:

This isn't your typical BLM xalimo. She is actually bringing sources for her claims. :leon:

You guys have some work to do. :mjlaugh:

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending
This isn't your typical BLM xalimo. She is actually bringing sources for her claims. :leon:

Wallahi we need geeljire with the epic 10 page paragraphs right about now where is he when we need him :damn:

She said that we are habesha and zanj @Prince of Hobyo you need to deal with this one

can someone tweet her this thread so we can destroy her?? I might have to make a somalispot twitter account....

Nah

"If you look closely, you'll see Arabs included Somalis in Habesha long before the Somali state of Somalia, therefore when Arabs enslaved East African Zanjs (Bantus), they were also including Somali"

"So when Somalis say the slaves were Bantus that's wrong because there was already an Arab/East African slave trade before the 1900s and before Bantus were brought to Somalia "

And all the pics she uses are of Bantu/West African slaves :snoop:

All of that mental gymnastics and cherry picking to become a victim so you can fit in :farole:

Reign

Pro Women's Rights|Centrist
VIP
Idk what this chick is talking about. My clan was not raped by Arabs. We are original Somalis.

Why is she trying so hard to claim slave ancestry?

Berber meant all of Horn of Africa, and the Somali inhabited land today was mostly Oromo/other then. Our expansion came after Islam.
image.jpeg

Mentions of more Ethiopian and Nubian slaves.

Most slaves then were captures, and Somalis weren't capturing eachother but other Berbers/Cushites (interchangeable label) and having/selling them as slaves. We already know this is a practice that continued on with our expansion into Oromo land and the battles that were fought
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Although Chinese slave traders bought slaves (Seng Chi i.e. the Zanj[9]) from Arab intermediaries and "stocked up" directly in coastal areas of present-day Somalia, the local Somalis—referred to as Baribah and Barbaroi(Berbers) by medieval Arab and ancient Greekgeographers, respectively [8][116][117] who are no strangers to capturing, owning and trading slaves themselves[50]—were not among them:[118]
Acknowledged by even the buyers of slaves from Somali city states that the slaves they bought were not Somali.

And another angle on the slaves from the Horn sold by the people of Zayla

I'm a great debater. Bring me anything to debunk and I'll do so:win:

Last edited:

Tramo

Nine kitaabs on a bookshelf
"and they're like...we werent slaves, Bantus were slaves"

:ftw9nwa: :ftw9nwa: :ftw9nwa:

idk why hearing that out loud killed me

She also says Somalis were raped and dominated in Bilad al Zanj aka Zanzibar aka Tanzania. Don't know how she managed to think that.

The Arab Slave traded reached us when we had our city states. First Zayla that was used to ship gold, frankincense etc aswell as slaves, then Mogadishu under the Ajuraan Empire. These trades never involved Somalis into slavery. We were viewed as Muslim brethren and we also would fight and die than be enslaved, noted by early Arab visitors like Ibn Battuta, AL idrisi, Ibn Hawqal etc.

Arab slave trade export zones
  • Nubia and Ethiopia were also "exporting" regions: in the 15th century, Ethiopians sold slaves from western borderland areas (usually just outside the realm of the Emperor of Ethiopia) or Ennarea,[114] which often ended up in India, where they worked on ships or as soldiers. They eventually rebelled and took power (dynasty of the Habshi Kings).
  • The Sudan region and Saharan Africa formed another "export" area, but it is impossible to estimate the scale, since there is a lack of sources with figures.

And who the other "Berber" slaves that were sold from Zayla could have been too.
The Somaliand Afar Muslim sultanates, such as the Adal Sultanate, also exported Nilotic slaves that they captured from the interior, as well as some vanquished foes.[111]
Note Zayla was a part of Adal Sultanate. Mind blowing right? So we have that out of the way

image.jpg

image.png

Historians know less about the sea routes. From the evidence of illustrated documents, and travellers' tales, it seems that people travelled on dhows or jalbas, Arab ships which were used as transport in the Red Sea. Crossing the Indian Ocean required better organisation and more resources than overland transport. Ships coming from Zanzibar made stops on Socotra or at Aden before heading to the Persian Gulf or to India. Slaves were sold as far away as India, or even China: there was a colony of Arab merchants in Canton. Serge Bilé cites a 12th-century text which tells us that most well-to-do families in Canton had black slaves whom they regarded as savages and demons because of their physical appearance. Although Chinese slave traders bought slaves (Seng Chi i.e. the Zanj[9]) from Arab intermediaries and "stocked up" directly in coastal areas of present-day Somalia, the local Somalis—referred to as Baribah and Barbaroi(Berbers) by medieval Arab and ancient Greekgeographers, respectively (see Periplus of the Erythraean Sea),[8][116][117] and no strangers to capturing, owning and trading slaves themselves[50]were not among them:[118]
It was acknowledged that Somalis were NOT among slaves they sold or transported.

@merka enough for ya:mjpls:

So Somalis captured Nilotics and Oromos themselves, sold some kept some Oromos and allowed Arabs to sell and transport Bantu slaves
[One important commodity being transported by the Arab dhows to Somalia was slaves from other parts of East Africa. During the nineteenth century, the East African slave trade grew enormously due to demands by Arabs, Portuguese, and French. Slave traders and raiders moved throughout eastern and central Africa to meet the rising demand for enslaved men, women, and children. Somalia did not supply slaves -- as part of the Islamic world Somalis were at least nominally protected by the religious tenet that free Muslims cannot be enslaved -- but Arab dhows loaded with human cargo continually visited Somali ports.[119]

As I said I'm a great debater :mjpls::mybusiness:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending