Somali singers requiring second jobs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was surprised to learn not too long ago that quite famous singer works at a Wal Mart. Awale Aden.

Which is fine but I thought singers make great money from their tours?

Khat is a given. I hear Awale is a heavy chewer.

Hassan Adan Samatar spent all his money on alcohol and gambling. He was the local drunk in Dixon for many years.

Hassan Adan picked up a bunch of garoobs from their house in Ottawa in a Range Rover a few years ago.

I heard Awales refugee application was rejected a few months ago

Duchess

HRH Duchess of Puntland, The Viscount of Garoowe
VIP
Hassan Adan picked up a bunch of garoobs from their house in Ottawa in a Range Rover a few years ago.

Maybe it was a rental. The guy made a lot of money from performances, but last I knew he was a drunk and a heavy gambler.

Yeah that's known too.

I have a very close relative (late 40s) who is a semi famous singer who is also an alcoholic but I will not reveal their name.

Alcoholism and drinking is a big issue with Somali singers.

Somali women singers have it even worse. The small amount of money they receive from shows, behind off-licence shops goes straight to bleaching products and diraac clothes. They end up going broke and ugly at the same time:donkey:

Figo

|Garowe|Jalam|Galkacyo|
VIP
I wouldn't give these so called singers a penny. They are tuugo who recreate old legends songs. None of them are creative or original.

menace

President - Sexaholics Anonymous, Ohio chapter
VIP
I was also told Maryan Mursal (reer Holland) and Hodan Nalaye from Integration TV are also drinkers.

Do not do that...it unconfirmed ..Hodan does not , to my best knowledge ..Eedo Maryam I've seen her smoking here in backstage but no way she drinks

Duchess

HRH Duchess of Puntland, The Viscount of Garoowe
VIP
Do not do that...it unconfirmed ..Hodan does not , to my best knowledge ..Eedo Maryam I've seen her smoking here in backstage but no way she drinks

Menace, you're a party pooper. I wanted to drop dimes on a certain Somali celebrity fam last night but you stopped me and now this.:camby:

menace

President - Sexaholics Anonymous, Ohio chapter
VIP
Menace, you're a party pooper. I wanted to drop dimes on a certain Somali celebrity fam last night but you stopped me and now this.:camby:

I have enough dambi on my shoulders...I'm in transition to being a more holier man..I'm turning into the @the_screw where I'm constantly chastising people :banderas:

Status
Not open for further replies.