Somali script needs to be either updated (Latin script) or completely changed (indigenous)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, Somalia cannot claim it as they have different history, sorry but we are not all the same.

I didn't ask you if somalia could claim it lol. But we don't have a different ancient history and we are the same as far as ethnicity and language goes. Again what's with the hostility?

And I meant Somalis as a people started off in northern Somalia/ Somaliland and moved south. I wasn't talking about proto-afroasiatic people.

PAA originated most likely in Yemen, Cushitic split off into modern day Ethiopia, and Cushitic split off again into North and East, East split into lowland and highland, lowland east migrated from Ethiopia to Djibouti to Somaliland where it became Somali, then it spread down the coast. Somalia should not claim this, they have had different history, with the himyarites and the Iranians.

The script was developed in Somaliland and Yemen, then the Axumites, Qataban, Minatic and other southern Arabian peoples adopted it.
{Citation needed}

Stop making baseless claims waryaa. Parts of Waqooyi Galbeed may have been controlled by Axum, but the origins of the culture & language are Ethio/Eritrea. Waqooyi galbeed was just their backyard...

PAA originated most likely in Yemen, Cushitic split off into modern day Ethiopia, and Cushitic split off again into North and East, East split into lowland and highland, lowland east migrated from Ethiopia to Djibouti to Somaliland where it became Somali, then it spread down the coast. Somalia should not claim this, they have had different history, with the himyarites and the Iranians.

At this point, you clearly don't know what you're talking about. I understand you want to seperate Somalis from southern and northern Somalia, but a word of advice, if you want to be taken seriously and be effective, base you're arguments on reality don't make things up or distort the truth. It's a waste of time and makes you look petty and silly.

{Citation needed}

Stop making baseless claims waryaa. Parts of Waqooyi Galbeed may have been controlled by Axum, but the origins of the culture & language are Ethio/Eritrea. SL was just their backyard...
:hemad:

Waqooyi Galbeed doesn't exist, don't be jealous that you non-Somaliland savages did not produce anything of value. Go and niiko to AMISOM
At this point, you clearly don't know what you're talking about. I understand you want to seperate Somalis from southern and northern Somalia, but a word of advice, if you want to be taken seriously and be effective, base you're arguments on reality don't make things up or distort the truth. It's a waste of time and makes you look petty and silly.

I am not distorting the truth, do not be butthurt that Somalia was not a part of this.

Waqooyi Galbeed doesn't exist, don't be jealous that you non-Somaliland savages did not produce anything of value. Go and niiko to AMISOM

I am not distorting the truth, do not be butthurt that Somalia was not a part of this.
Wallah you're so easy to trigger. I asked for a simple citation/evidence & that's the reply i get. Typical xoolo with no real history begging to be accepted by Habesha folks.
:camby::heh:

Wallah you're so easy to trigger. I asked for a simple citation/evidence & that's the reply i get. Typical xoolo with no real history begging to be accepted by Habesha folks.
:camby::heh:

You are a barbaric savage that does not understand basic history, it will be no use, now run off and do niiko, do not claim us.

"toSomaliland where it became Somali, then it spread down the coast.Somalia should not claim this, theyhave had different history, with thehimyarites and the Iranians."

You contradicted yourself in no less than two sentences. You said it became Somali in somaliland which is what I said our people are originally all from the north, then they spread south "down along the coast" as you said. Then you went onto say somalia has nothing to do with it... lol... Somalis inhabit Somalia the same ones who spread down south. So it's a shared common history.

I don't get butt hurt over these types of things I don't attach my dignity and self worth to such petty things but with that accusation I'm inclined to think you do, and that is not healthy... no offence.

Anyway I'm more interested in the unnecessary hostility I'm sensing from you?

"toSomaliland where it became Somali, then it spread down the coast.Somalia should not claim this, theyhave had different history, with thehimyarites and the Iranians."

You contradicted yourself in no less than two sentences. You said it became Somali in somaliland which is what I said our people are originally all from the north, then they spread south "down along the coast" as you said. Then you went onto say somalia has nothing to do with it... lol... Somalis inhabit Somalia the same ones who spread down south. So it's a shared common history.

I don't get butt hurt over these types of things I don't attach my dignity and self worth to such petty things but with that accusation I'm inclined to think you do, and that is not healthy... no offence.

Anyway I'm more interested in the unnecessary hostility I'm sensing from you?

This happened after we split, you cannot claim the legacy of William of Normandy if you are related to his grandfather. Simple.

You are a barbaric savage that does not understand basic history, it will be no use, now run off and do niiko, do not claim us.
It's ramadan nayaa, tone it down you heathen. I asked for evidence & you couldn't provide any...
:manny:

Wallahi people like you are pathetic, you suck up to ajnabis & you have hate for your fellow Somali kinsmen. Disgraceful.

@horumar is clearly trolling.
If he is not then he is the biggest cuck on this website. Kulaha we have a different history :kodaksmiley:
You are a clown sxb

No need to insult him personally he is acting on emotion he's not reasoning. That is embarrassment enough.

I just don't understand why he's so hostile

LOL okay now you're not even trying to fool anyone, why are you doing this?

My point is simple, do not claim the historical legacy of Somaliland, why don't you claim the history of Somalia? Somalia wasn't that bad, they had the Ajuuran, the Italians, the Bantu, the Himyar, and so on. Just don't claim Somaliland. That's like claiming the history of Kenya because there are Somalis that live there.
It's ramadan nayaa, tone it down you heathen. I asked for evidence & you couldn't provide any...
:manny:

Wallahi people like you are pathetic, you suck up to ajnabis & you have hate for your fellow Somali kinsmen. Disgraceful.

Do not call me your kinsmen, we are nothing alike. If we were kinsmen, your people wouldn't have bombed us, what happened to kinsmen then?
@horumar is clearly trolling.
If he is not then he is the biggest cuck on this website. Kulaha we have a different history :kodaksmiley:
You are a clown sxb
;)

My point is simple, do not claim the historical legacy of Somaliland, why don't you claim the history of Somalia? Somalia wasn't that bad, they had the Ajuuran, the Italians, the Bantu, the Himyar, and so on. Just don't claim Somaliland. That's like claiming the history of Kenya because there are Somalis that live there.

Do not call me your kinsmen, we are nothing alike. If we were kinsmen, your people wouldn't have bombed us, what happened to kinsmen then?

;)

I didn't claim anything, I didn't even read the link... all I know is it's about painted cave inscriptions in a cave. I just pointed out a fact, that it's a shared history, whether you like it or not. Don't let the truth anger you that's no way to live.

DuctTape

I have an IQ of 300
No need to insult him personally he is acting on emotion he's not reasoning. That is embarrassment enough.

I just don't understand why he's so hostile
This guy is trying to get a rise out of people. Clearly he's succeeded by me insulting him.
He's put no effort into defending his points and is using the easiest material for a troll from SL to use. It would make the most sense to ignore him honestly.

This guy is trying to get a rise out of people. Clearly he's succeeded by me insulting him.
He's put no effort into defending his points and is using the easiest material for a troll from SL to use. It would make the most sense to ignore him honestly.

All he's doing is making himself look silly and this came out of nowhere I don't understand it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending