Somali Muslim leader gives a rhino to the ruler of Makkah

Ask her clan
I asked and the reply was not what I expected.

First her paternal/father is Ogadeen, but her paternal grandmother is isaaq cida gale.

Her Maternal side is isaaq. But here is where it gets complex. From her maternal side, she is Sacad muuse from Jigjiga, we know that the jigjiga isaaq are mainly sacad muuse. But her maternal grandmother is somali from Babile region. She also has a great grandmother who is sheekhal. That's all what she know, she will ask her father more about her family lineage. But all of that is pretty interesting links.

Then how would she get Oromo?.
Two ways, either from her Babile link, possibly karanle or it could be from her yemani side (Axumite expansion to yemen). But the second option is less likely as she should have got the Eritrea/Tigray regions instead of Oromo, Harari, K5 and Addis Ababa regions.

Also Babile is Oromo an region but its close proximity to Harar and somali may indicate a union bond once existed in those regions.

Last edited:

First her paternal/father is Ogadeen, but her paternal grandmother is isaaq cida gale.

Her Maternal side is isaaq. But here is where it gets complex. From her maternal side, she is Sacad muuse from Jigjiga, we know that the jigjiga isaaq are mainly sacad muuse. But her maternal grandmother is somali from Babile region. She also has a great grandmother who is sheekhal. That's all what she know, she will ask her father more about her family lineage. But all of that is pretty interesting links.
It makes all sense. She is your Sacad Muuse relative via her maternal side. This is why you guys matched I believe. Her maternal grandmother with the Baabili roots is responsible for the Oromia & Harari. The Sheikhaal Aw Qudub in particular have mixed quite a bit.

Yami

4th Emir of the Akh Right Movement

Somali + Yemeni mixes often get incorrect Ethio-Eritrean results on 23&me due to Habeshas basically being a model for Agew + Sabaen.

We share 25% of our DNA with our grandparents. Divide the 25 by 2 to account for her Yemenite great grandparent & you get 12.5. Very close to the 6.9% Ethio-Eritrean result your relative had.

IIRC, some of he Malassay had Somali names. Regardless, its clear they were ethnically diverse didn't consist solely of ethiosemites. Btw, we don't actually know if the Harla were Ethiosemites or not
Somalis were apart of the malassay they had their own division and their own emir leading them so did the Harla

Trending

Latest posts