Somali Muslim leader gives a rhino to the ruler of Makkah

The first European in Mecca. It mentions that The king of Ethiopia (The Traveller specifies it is a moorish/Muslim King) gave the ruler of Mecca a rhino. The leader the Time was Garaad Mahfuz who was the father in law of Imam Ahmed.
Go to Timestamp 9:15

Garaad diinle

 
The first European in Mecca. It mentions that The king of Ethiopia (The Traveller specifies it is a moorish/Muslim King) gave the ruler of Mecca a rhino. The leader the Time was Garaad Mahfuz who was the father in law of Imam Ahmed.

What a great find and a keen observation. I've read portuguese account on the history of ethiopia and surprisingly garaad mahfuz was very prominent. If i recall correctly according to the portuguese he was allied to both the turks and the arabs. I'd say this account is probably talking about him specially since the date matches and rhinos were still roaming in the north.

I'd say this account is probably talking about him specially since the date matches and rhinos were still roaming in the north.
Here is a story during an expedition from 1899 in what I think is the Haud:
1700176707707.png

1700176739335.png

1700176765974.png

1700176820995.png

1700176840778.png

I was surprised by the agility of those biological tanks. One story from 1850-70s relayed that a rhino was found deep into the Ethiopian interior on steep mountain ridges, and they could move very expeditiously.

Their hide was used for shields, with the horns priced for trade.

Garaad diinle

 
Here is a story during an expedition from 1899 in what I think is the Haud:
View attachment 303819
View attachment 303820
View attachment 303821
View attachment 303822
View attachment 303823

I was surprised by the agility of those biological tanks. One story from 1850-70s relayed that a rhino was found deep into the Ethiopian interior on steep mountain ridges, and they could move very expeditiously.

Their hide was used for shields, with the horns priced for trade.
Did you say 1899? That's recent history if only we had some traditional animal perseveration law we might've still had some black rhino left in somalia. Come to think of it the north overall experienced a huge change in it's environment. It use to be lush vibrant grassland timing with all sorts of animal such as giraffes, rhinos, elephants, zebras and ostriches but today it's a semi-arid region with less diversity in it's mammal population. Maybe there was nothing much we could do to preserve the black rihnos.

Did you say 1899? That's recent history if only we had some traditional animal perseveration law we might've still had some black rhino left in somalia. Come to think of it the north overall experienced a huge change in it's environment. It use to be lush vibrant grassland timing with all sorts of animal such as giraffes, rhinos, elephants, zebras and ostriches but today it's a semi-arid region with less diversity in it's mammal population. Maybe there was nothing much we could do to preserve the black rihnos.
This phenomenon occurred all over the world. Parts of Europe, Arabia and North Africa had Lions and Elephants at one point. Only now are humans trying to preserve the wildlife we have on earth with the help of all these UN organisations.

mohammdov

Hansare Iyo baarsare
During the colonial period, there was a hunting ban, and anyone who hunted without a permit was imprisoned. Animal life was destroyed after 1960. When my father was a child in the early sixties, he would still see elephants in western Hargeisa And giraffes migrated during the rainy season.

killerxsmoke

2022 GRANDMASTER
THE PURGE KING
VIP

Garaad mahfuz was a harla

Garaad mahfuz was a harla
1700229279803.png

Hes from the line of Garaad Adaadshe. Thats why Axmed Gurey was the cousin of Maxfuuds daughter.

Gureys marriage fixed the inner Karanle affairs and then he brought the Walashma sultans son from Zeyla over to unify Adal

Karanles had 3 competing lineages from Gureys great grandfather who birthed Garad Adas, Garad Ibrahim and Garad Gasasle (Imam Mohamed of Awssas line)

killerxsmoke

2022 GRANDMASTER
THE PURGE KING
VIP
View attachment 303872

Hes from the line of Garaad Adaadshe. Thats why Axmed Gurey was the cousin of Maxfuuds daughter.

Gureys marriage fixed the inner Karanle affairs and then he brought the Walashma sultans son from Zeyla over to unify Adal

Karanles had 3 competing lineages from Gureys great grandfather who birthed Garad Adas, Garad Ibrahim and Garad Gasasle (Imam Mohamed of Awssas line)
His daughter is Bati del Wambara, ahmed gurey's wife, in which she is known of being a harla so that naturally means he is a harla

Three Moons

Give Dhul-Suwayqatayn not an inch of the Sea!
Haile Selassie really knew what he was doing when he renamed Abyssinia to Ethiopia. In one move he captured every single historic Pokémon with one Pokeball.

:lawd: 4D chess.

DD493047-0AF6-4686-AEE6-4C73813B6235.jpeg

the source says Ethiopia so it coudnt be somalia probably Lij Iyasu, or a emir of Harar.

Emir of Zayla

𝕹𝖆𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓 𝖔𝖋 𝕻𝖔𝖊𝖙𝖘
The word Ethiopia was adopted in the 4th century, they’ve used it for a very long time now
Basic google search would tell you that they only changed their name to “Ethiopia” a few decades ago. Ethiopia/Highland (and sometimes the region) was always called Abyssinia.
IMG_2623.jpeg

Trending

Latest posts