Somali Innovations: Young Somali Boy Without Formal Education, Builds A Drone From Scratch

Seeing developments like this, just makes me happy. Imagine if every Somali youngster was given the opportunity, to unlock all of their potentials.
:ohhh:

Education must be prioritized further more, if we want to advance the nation. Hopefully, this exposure leads to more opportunities & connections for him.
:rejoice:

Also, props to him for paying homage and showing admiration of Asli Abade. She did indeed inspire many Somalis, and will continue for many generations to come.
:salute:

Garaad diinle

 
I've also seen this on twitter and thought to myself, neighbouring countries better watch their back libaaxyada africa will rain hell down on them and repeat the nagorno-karabakh war while gloriously declaring somaliwayn in nairobi and addis ababa much like the proclamation of the german empire in the palace of Versailles.

C9s48zp.jpg

While i was enjoying this delightful thought i abruptly woke up from my daydream and saw that the drone was nothing more than a toy drone though i must say the lad has potential. I can only hope and pray for a stronger somalia and for these little seedlings these kindred sprits to became the the future backbone of the country.

Last edited:

Djokovic

Somali Arab
Very talented but these intelligent and exceptional students should be sent to top university’s abroad with a scholarship so they don’t stagnate in Somalia

I've also seen this on twitter and thought to myself neighbouring countries better watch their back libaaxyada africa will rain hell down on them and repeat the nagorno-karabakh war and unite somaliwayn.

You know the drill. The mission of uniting all Somali land, until it's complete. :banderas:

Just the other day, Ethiopia was celebrating the 45th anniversary of Karamara (the end of the '77 war) where they pay tribute to the 10.000+ Cubans who saved that failed project from collapsing. These neftegnas were mocking us on social media. We need to get rid of these encroaching people, who even have presence in Somalia as we speak. It just doesn't sit well with me. :mjcry:

While i was enjoying this delightful thought i abruptly woke up from my daydream and saw that the drone was nothing but a toy drone. I can only hope and pray for a stronger somalia and for these little seedlings these kindred sprits to became the the future backbone of the country.

Agreed. The current welfare recipients, I mean politicians are wasting our youths lives. How many of these boys (and girls) have not utilized their talents for the past 30+ years? :jcoleno:

Very talented but these intelligent and exceptional students should be sent to top university’s abroad with a scholarship so they don’t stagnate in Somalia

Somalia should do like many other developing countries; facilitating their youths studies abroad, with the intentions of returning, to contribute back home. Countries like China, India, Iran, Saudi Arabia etc. does this, and it has massive effects, especially among top ranking students.

Last edited:

Garaad diinle

 
You know the drill. The mission of uniting all Somali land, until it's complete. :banderas:
Somalis are said to be the jews of africa or so i heard and true to our name we aim for plans of 20-50 years. We're not gonna repeat the mistake of the previous war somaliwayn is a long term goal, you know what they say what is probable is possible.

Just the other day, Ethiopia was celebrating the 45th anniversary of Karamara (the end of the '77 war) where they pay tribute to the 10.000+ Cubans who saved that failed project from collapsing. These neftegnas were mocking us on social media.

These celebration to create a fake unity is nothing but a house of card, a fragile claim so to speak only celebrated by amhara. Wallahi listening to their prime minister and his preposterous claim of how ethiopia will be a regional power then he said it'll be an afircan superpower and finally kulaha it'll be an international superpower. He must be daydreaming after having tons of siwa kkkkk.

We need to get rid of these encroaching people, who even have presence in Somalia as we speak. It just doesn't sit well with me. :mjcry:

Quite the puzzling situation. There is plenty of fertile land in ethiopia yet they came to somali? Is there perhaps some ulterior motive. The djibouti method where they got rid of them in one go is an option somalia might use.

Agreed. The current welfare recipients, I mean politicians are wasting our youths lives. How many of these boys (and girls) have not utilized their talents for the past 30+ years? :jcoleno:

Baby steps is the government favourite phrase the central government is recovering but at a slow pace meanwhile regional states are advancing relatively faster just look at the development section on this forum. As soon as stability and security kicks in development will be meteoric. We've already made spop as opposed to kpop all we need to do is create a samsung and sk group to became the rich equivalence korea in east africa.

Last edited:
Somalis are said to be the jews of africa or so i heard and true to our name we aim for plans of 20-50 years. We're not gonna repeat the mistake of the preivuse war somaliwayn is a long term goal, you know what they say what is probable is possible.

Man, you're so optimistic, and I totally concur. Inshallah, it will happen in our lifetime. My family and relatives have the same euphoria of Somali nationalism, that existed among Somalis in the 50-60s. Guul Qaranka Soomaaliyeed.

These celebration to create a fake unity is nothing but a house of card, a fragile claim so to speak only celebrated by amhara. Wallahi listening to their prime minister and his preposterous claim of how ethiopia will be a regional power then he said it'll be an afircan superpower and finally kulaha it'll be an international superpower. He must be daydreaming after having tons of siwa kkkkk.

Exactly. So ironic given how Abiy added yet another ethnic group to the anti-Ethiopian camp, with the recent Tigray war. He suffers from a Messiah complex, and view himself akin to Ethiopian/Abyssian Imperial monarchs. The delusions are writing themselves at this point, kkkk.

Quite the puzzling situation. There is plenty of fertile land in ethiopia yet they came to somali? Is there perhaps some ulterior motive. The djibouti method where they got rid of them in one go is an option somalia might use.

I was mostly referring to having Ethiopian Forces on Somali land. Enemies of half a millennium, only for them to have presence in an independent Somali country, due our compromised position. Why is the same Imperial flag used against us in wars, being allowed to be raised (outside of embassies)?? This historical event commemorate the same dog who took over S. Galbeed. It's beyond me :damn:

Baby steps is the government favourite phrase the central government is recovering but at a slow pace meanwhile regional states are advancing relatively faster just look at the development section on this forum. As soon as stability and security kicks in development will be meteoric. We've already made spop as opposed to kpop all we need to do is create a samsung and sk group to became the rich equivalence korea in east africa.

spop?!?!
Laughing gif GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

Laakin, soon will it happen. I have hope that a glorious path, is awaiting us. 🙏

Last edited:
Are there Somali universities that teaches aerospace engineering, or something of the sort? We need more collaborations/partnership with foreign higher institutions of learning. Especially specializations in each field. Possible recruit top teachers too.

Last edited:

Somali Saayid

It's been a while hasn't it?
VIP
inshallah we build even bigger kamikaze drones and then bomb the kenyans back to the congo. and the amhara back to hell so they can finallly learn to cook meat.

inshallah we build even bigger kamikaze drones and then bomb the kenyans back to the congo. and the amhara back to hell so they can finallly learn to cook meat.

The "flames" of the drone strikes, will heat up all of their livestock so they'll never have to worry about eating raw meat ever again. :damn: :damn:

On a side note, your fellow kin need to evict the Xabashistani forces from the blessed Jubaland. It's long overdue at this point. :francis::ohno:

Somali Saayid

VIP
The "flames" of the drone strikes, will heat up all of their livestock so they'll never have to worry about eating raw meat ever again. :damn: :damn:

On a side note, your fellow kin need to evict the Xabashistani forces from the blessed Jubaland. It's long overdue at this point. :francis::ohno:
It's a standoff wallahi with Xabashi in Gedo Ahmed Madobe won't dare come.
Inshallah when the army in bardheere is finished training and AS is dealt with the path to
"Jubbaland Unuka Leh" will be cleared.

It's a standoff wallahi with Xabashi in Gedo Ahmed Madobe won't dare come.
Inshallah when the army in bardheere is finished training and AS is dealt with the path to
"Jubbaland Unuka Leh" will be cleared.

Inshallah, it will happen soon, with as minimal casualties as possible. Waan ku garab taaganahay. 🙏

I'm not too familiar with southern Somalia politics, laakin hopefully we will not hear clashes between the people of Jubaland or the different fractions involved in the fightings against AS. :rejoice:

Somali Saayid

VIP
Inshallah, it will happen soon, with as minimal casualties as possible. Waan ku garab taaganahay. 🙏

I'm not too familiar with southern Somalia politics, laakin hopefully we will not hear clashes between the people of Jubaland or the different fractions involved in the fightings against AS. :rejoice:
Me either laakin I'm looking into past threads and news.

I cringe everytime i see fuckinh burundis in somaliyee

Even worse when they ain't civilians, but rather troops. As if they are occupational forces. How and why did we get here..... :drakewtf:

Hopefully ATMIS dissolves, as soon as AS are defeated. Likewise, the colony exclave of Xalane. :snoop:

Yaraye

VIP
Somalis have always been innovators. I mean they've built communities very quick in the west. They are smart and talented. If only our country could be stable :farmajoyaab:

Sucks how most innovation in Somalia are by people handicapped with poverty. This coupled with the massive brain drain and I doubt any truly educated people will be able to be born and raised in Somalia for a long time to come

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
From my observation in human capital(their not all equally the same) but this my observation.

1. Genetic gifts(meaning no education) and still gifted in a field. These with education can not only master it's field, but the 'creative' gene of teaching itself may expand to 'innovating or inventor' category in their field, after-all they will 'tap' into that creativity not satisfied with the status quo.

2. Book smart people, these are not genetically gifted but were taught. Some learn real fast but add nothing in terms of innovation/invention to their field, some learn real slow(deep learning) but master their field and possibly innovate/invent. I say this cause the pool of highly intelligent ppl and their innovation rate is 'abysmall' or non existent.

3. If both these genetic/book smart work together their strength in their field, something beautiful may be in the horizon, as they tap into each other strengths.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
We must be realistic tho, we will not have an 'einstein or eddison' population all over our population, we need book smart ppl who can continue running the innovations, but we must keep our genetically gifted ppl to ourselves, and further study the 'creativity' gene and how it happens, im still deep in research regarding it.

We need a pool of labor who will be 'average' to keep existing systems functioning like chinese/indian method is what we should follow, their great at the 'soldier' level of every industry, we need that type of soldier at our industry level and we must follow chinese/indian method on how they create those for our 'average' people. We must be holistic about our approach, we need a mixed industry pool.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
HSM was saying something that rang very true to me and which I have mentioned many times on here, we need our own 'learning culture' not 'foreign' as those type of education is suited to their cultural rigid societies of 'rigid' and 'instruction' type of education, their very 'military or factory' like their education primary/secondary and this very much against our 'individual culture' as the kids won't enjoy learning anymore which will lead to 'low educational outcome'.

Let's not just copy n paste the west-china-mid east society education system, at best we only inherit their 'results' and at worst our locals won't like the style and therefore not perform. Knowledge is about passion to know more then you already did and hopefully contribute to it, it's not a competition or military drill. As Mohamed ali said if ur the same as u were 20 at 50, you been asleep. Humans need to 'grow' mentally and knowledge is that 'fuel'

Trending

Latest posts