Somali candidate loses Inter-Parliamentary Union election to Tanzanian candidate

Somalia has one Govt the MP has to follow it's foreign policy or only blame herself!

Word is that she agreed to go with this policy but changed her position due to pressure from Saciid Deni

Ironically the man who asked the parliament to concede to Tanzania is the FM who hails from PL

Wax walbe waa qabyaalad aa laleeyahay wadankaan Hassan Sheikh aa ka taliya Saciid Deni kama taliyo hadii laga diiday ma qabyaaladbaa let him back her and represent PL in the international parliament 🤣🤣

Last edited:

killerxsmoke

2022 GRANDMASTER
THE PURGE KING
VIP
No way people believed that this lady had a chance in winning this, she is facing with people that have masters and PHD degrees while she's over here struggling to speak english

She must be one of those MJ cousins of AAW.

He omits this was a political deal. This useless old woman didn’t however for the national good tanaasul

The 'useless old woman' seem to have had a better career than most Somali politicians, lol.

1698499466332.png
1698499483955.png

Nothing about this is complicated. SFG wants a position at the UNSC and Tanzania was it's opp. They made a deal to back each other in different arenas where Somalia is better positioned for the UNSC chair. The two positions are not even comparable. Ciyaarta dheesha ka daaya.

Nothing about this is complicated. SFG wants a position at the UNSC and Tanzania was it's opp. They made a deal to back each other in different arenas where Somalia is better positioned for the UNSC chair. The two positions are not even comparable. Ciyaarta dheesha ka daaya.
Exactly. I'm sure if she was Hawiye the government would have treatrd her the same way.
The Government's position has nothing to do with tribalism only responded to Tanzania's request in accordance with it's East African and International interests.

Last edited:

If we indeed had an agreement beforehand, why was it not handled in a different manner instead of opposing her candidacy at a last second?

Here she's saying that the withdrawal letter, that no one consulted with her or even told her anything about, was sent to IPU.

And when IPU called about it and asked if she no longer was a candidate, she said no, and that's when she was told that the speaker withdrew on her behalf.

In my opinion, this is nothing short of domestic and international diplomatic scandal. Someone needs to take responsibility for letting it become a public spectacle.

Last edited:
Going off with what I've read so far but any diplomat who's up for a position must tow the gov line, even if it comes at the last minute. Laakin waxa meesha ku heyno you never know:ftw9nwa:

The Second Deputy Speaker added that Somalia's Ministry of Foreign Affairs issued a letter in August expressing Somalia's support for Tanzania in its bid for the International Parliamentary Union (IPU) presidency.'

"I can confirm that the Somali candidate agreed with us to relinquish that seat. Subsequently, the Speaker issued a letter that is now public knowledge, in which he announced Marwa's withdrawal from the race. She was aware of the Somali parliament's decision.

Source

bidenkulaha

GalYare
All I see is calaacal from yesterdays politicians to build some street cred with yesterday’s mj who are finished in xamar polticis. They can all go piss in a corner together, nacalaa ku yaal. allah dhulka hala simo munaafiqiinta

Trending